[Suggestion] Open capture points

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RybreadTLN, May 27, 2016.

1. RybreadTLN

Well, I'm bad with words, so don't mind the title. What I mean is to have capture points less centered around buildings, and more so in open areas, but still with cover. That would make for more vehical-centered battles. Of course, infantry would be necessary to capture points, but different tactics would have to be used. Rushing the enemies with as many people as possible would not work nearly as well. It would cause players to work together to assault points. Capture points would have cover, of course, but the cover would be more "natural" than the buildings we're used to seeing.

Sorry for the most likely horrible wording
  2. Sh4n4yn4y

That would not end well. I'm sure you've been spawn camped by tanks. Or seen what a tank in a base can do...
    Now imagine them having easy access. Being able to park on the capture point. Think of the nightmare that would be to recapture.
  3. DragenoidHighLord

I think he is hinting at the small bases where fighting would be done between small buildings and tanks.Now what kind of bases by design and how would that play out would be probably camping.Open capture points would mean they would need either get more reinforcements,try flanking tactics or bring lot more firepower.Or just take more land around them.
  4. RybreadTLN

My idea will take some tweaking...

Thanks for the criticism though
  5. RybreadTLN

It won't let me edit my original post, so I guess that I'll do it here.

Capture points would have cover that would prevent vehicles from entering the point, and have some type of cover to protect from air vehicles. Tunnels and trenches could play a role in the area as well, with tunnels going in and out of the capture points. There would have to be cover around entrances, too. Infanty terminals(ones to change classes) could also be available at points.
  6. Eternaloptimist

If there is enough cover I can't see how they would differ from a small base capture point. But I kinda like the idea of capture points on strategic map features, like bridges and roads through narrow choke points. Although constructing bases and walls at those areas is probably the better option now.
  7. Pfundi

Well, when you place them in the open Swagriders find a way to shell it anyway. So no.
  8. Money

we have several bases like that currently, sorry, I have a hard time remembering base names, but:
    1. hossin pit base in the northeast
    2. esamir where the point is in the depression in the ground with only some structure to protect it
    3. esamir under the bridge with buildings surrounding the point and the cap amongst the large crystal structures
    4. not quite the same but on Indar, the cavern tower connected to the biolab in the northeast corner