Status of the next PS4 Game Update.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sites, May 17, 2016.

1. Sites Executive Producer, Planetside 2

Hey everyone,

It’s been a while since our last publish, so I wanted write a brief post on the status of our next Game Update for PS4.

Construction:
    As you’ve seen on the PC version, the new construction system is pretty damn fun and judging by the number of DM’s I’ve received, you would like this system moved over the PS4 ASAP J

I can assure you that is what we plan to do. However, it’s likely going to be a two step process. In the next PS4 game update, we plan to push a large portion of the Construction system data to PS4, but only accessible via internal dev team admins. This will allow us to gather critical performance info required before turning the system on for the public. We need to do this to ensure we don’t completely kill performance once the system is enabled. For the PC, we have a public test server, so gathering this performance data was fairly straight forward, thanks to the help of our community. We don’t have a public test server for PS4, so it’s a bit more time-consuming. While we’re gathering this info, we will be simultaneously finalizing the Construction system UI and controls for the PS4. The first step will be included with the next game update. The second/final step will likely be a few weeks after that, at which point the Construction system will be accessible to everyone.

New Indar:
    We recently performed a complete overhaul on the continent of Indar. It’s completely revamped, top to bottom; terrain, facilities, everything. If you would like a detailed description of what changes (everything), please check out the patch notes from our PC publish a couple weeks ago: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-4-27.240151/

New Indar will be included in the next game update.

Continental Faction Queue:
    The Faction Queue is a way to keep faction populations balanced on each continent. It has been working well on the PC and we plan to include it in the next PS4 game update. More details can be found on the post above.

NS-20 Gorgon (MAX Heavy Machine Gun):
    Developed as a more mobile version of the M20 Basilisk, the NS-20 Gorgon provides MAX units with a balanced mix of anti-infantry and anti-vehicle firepower. Gold and Black variants will also be available.

Victory Point System Improvements:
    We have made a ton of misc VP system improvements. We’ve also included the ability to see VP scores of other continents on the map screen. A detailed list of changes will be posted once the game update is ready to publish.

Misc stuff:
    - Players will now be able to toggle the game HUD on/off for video capturing purposes.
    - Added Command Chat.
    - Added back the Squad colored chevrons.
    - Lots of squad management improvements (like non-leaders being able to kick members).
    - Request Reinforcements (offensive/defensive)
    - We’ve made a performance pass which should improve FPS in larger-scale battles.
    - Lots of new Player Studio items in the Depot.
    - Misc weapon tuning/balance improvements.
    - Etc, etc…

With regard to the Implant System, we’re in the process of overhauling it not just for PS4, but PC as well. To be honest, we’ve never been happy with the current implementation as it is on the PC version. So we’re making several changes that should make it MUCH better, and I’d like to incorporate these changes before we introduce it on the PS4. Based on our schedule, it might be ready to go live when we turn Construction on (not the next game update, but the GU after). I’ll post more once its finished.

As usual, a fully detailed list will be released once the update is approved by Sony. Right now, we’re looking to have it submitted within the next few days. Assuming we don’t run into any issues, it could be ready to publish as early as Monday. I will post a status update once we’ve submitted.

Thank you again for being patient!

Andy
    • Up x 15
  2. AxiomInsanity87

3. XanIves

Wow, dev communication on the official forums, changes to the implant system, and advertising for the game on steam?

2016 confirmed best year of all time, and we're not even halfway through!

Seriously, I can't even begin to say how incredibly surprised and happy I am to see you guys working to grow the game, and introducing meaningful changes on a large scale. I mean, 2x exp week + construction update + advertising the game + adding the tutorial back in == the highest population number we've gotten in the last 2.5 years, which is an incredible feat. Combined with veteran players actively working to educate new players that come in during this time period, and you have yourself an amazing experience for all your players that finally lets Planetside 2 shine. I'd bet at least 20 certs that the player retention for the last, and upcoming, weeks are going to be at least double the usual.

Keep up the great work, and thanks so much for going out of your way to actively communicate the roadmap with us, you guys are no. 1 in my opinion right now.
    • Up x 4
  4. thed1rt

Anyone else read this last part (in their mind) as "1 in my opinion...... Right now.... *checkmate*"
  5. Moridin6

PC guy here, can you get us a Little info on the implant changes please? thanks
  6. The Rogue Wolf

I'd like to hear more about this myself. I've never had the hate-on for the implant system some others have had, but it's always seemed pretty lacking.
    • Up x 1
  7. sebastian oscar post

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. sebastian oscar post

Please! take my money!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. GreenGamer808

OOoooo.. More depot items and implants.

[IMG]
  10. Hellhound_Rocko

stuff i found to be missing from previous updates

addressed with this announcement:

Request Reinforcements, Command Comm. Channel, Implants.

unaddressed with this announcement so far:

AV-MANA Skill Cert line.

especially with the Construction Update live on PC, i see prominent YouTubers use that thing all the time ATM - it is no doubt to many a very essential part of an especially essential class out of the 5 infantry classes. they use it with a hand-stopped RoF of 1 shot every 4.2 seconds due to the corresponding Cert line we are still missing on PS4 - while we miss out on practically 50% of their DpS with our un-upgradeable hand-stopped 1 shot every 6 seconds. it's kinda real shame that needs correction IMO - i'd be very disappointed if i don't see this corrected until construction update hits PS4.

freelook feature for aircraft pilots.

as long-time Ace Combat veteran and somebody who is always a dedicated areal pilot in all such games where one can fly Jets, Helis, etc. - i cannot stress enough how batsh1t-crazy it is to fly those things without freelook feat actually. sure, one works around it as good as it goes - but it's not just outright insane by realistic standards and therefore unnecessarily immersion braking - but remember: you've also sold me my Spur Lib nosegun with DBC/ BC on PS4 months ago with "use the freelook feature to aim it" copy-pasta'd from PC in it's description. but the freelook feature isn't there - and without it the gun is really useless as it's just some all-around nerfed variant of the default gun for it's slot to compensate for the additional feat we are still missing on PS4!!

i can currently only equip camo for both MAX hands on my TR toon, but my NC toon and my VS main can only equip camo on one hand of the MAX unit - TR OP confirmed! :)
  11. Arkserion

I'm really looking forward to the construction system; it's the reason I joined an outfit. Also, if I'm reading this correctly, revamped implants will be implanted in step 2!?!?!
  12. Flyingconejo

Indar revamp, new weapons and performance fixes, and on top of that, no implants for the foreseeable future?

Sounds win/win to me. :p
  13. AmonAmar

About Continental Faction Queue:

1. So if you are not monthly subscriber, now you will be force wait 15 minutes before can play? Every day?

2. On PS4 this game have really low population and this system will help? Or will discourage players from game ?

3. Vanu will dont have any queues and NC on the contrary?

4. Also this game crash a lot so every time after this i will need wait again in queue? This can be frustrating
    • Up x 1
  14. Moridin6

if you crash youre going to the back of the line sorry
  15. Imp C Bravo

Bump. Because this information should stay on the front page.
  16. Moz

Bump! Because i cant understand why it was posted here!

Must be a balls up?
  17. Gundem

18. Mezinov

Don't care for shooters on consoles, so I don't play the PS4 version - but I will like and bump any official Dev communication on the forums.

I don't care if they can't swing in and "make the memes" like they do on the Reddit, or post the one liner responses to questions, but seeing this kind of stuff posted to Reddit and never mirrored to the Official Forums always hurt. This is exactly the kind of posts a corporate communication policy should allow - even super strict ones.

If this becomes a trend, I will say it is a trend in a very good direction.

As a PC Player who never partook in the Implant system (not for the same reason as other people, but because I am a compulsive hoarder - once I got my energy to max I was never going to use an Implant because then it WOULDN'T BE AT MAX) - I am very curious to hear more about the intended revamp of the system.

19. TOXIC_MACHAMP

HOW DID I MISS THIS THANK YOU SO MUCH YOUR AWESOME
  20. Dennisz125

Nice,this note itself is now the main reason why I would play again.