[BUG] Game cannot play/Launch with newest update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, May 18, 2016.

1. Destroyer0370

Error: Unable to launch * PlanetSide2_x64.exe - 193: is not a valid Win32 application.

- the "*" is the omitted path to the file on the computer, the rest is accurate.
    • Up x 1
  2. Niknuke

Same here
  3. Revonox

Same here, together with all my friends having the same issue. Deleting the .exe and re-downloading does not fix it.
  4. RedBlack

Same here! Cant join the Game.
  5. Valenz

Uh, isn't that happening because planetside 2 is a 64 bit app?
  6. Viere

same problem... i got this after last maintenance a moment ago
    Unable to launch C:/Users/Public/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/PlanetSide 2/PlanetSide2_x64.exe - 193: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
  7. Revonox

But we're all on a 64 bit system. If it weren't a 64 bit system the launcher wouldn't have downloaded the x64 version in first place.
  8. Sh4n4yn4y

Yep, same message.

I was playing perfectly fine right up until the servers shut down. (If you consider 1.0 kdr fine. ;D)
  9. KrankyKrapHands

same problem here...
  10. Yaesu

Yep, game will not launch after patch. Same reason as everyone else.
  11. xLYUx

Ehm maybe game is not updated yet?
  12. Revonox

Why would they end the maintenance without putting up an update? That'd be stupid.
  13. Valenz

Afaik there is only 64 bit for planetside 2 so it's always 64 bit even if you have 32. As for the issue, sorry, I haven't even downloaded the patch yet so I don't know :( (I just read the error messege hu3)
  14. NICHderWOODY

same here ...
  15. TechedKiller

I am having the same issue :( think they broke it :(
  16. Cpl Nijo

Glad its not just me. Validating game assets through the launcher re-downloads the relevant files but still doesn't work.
  17. Sh4n4yn4y

Mine just went back to maintenance message. Insta-patch. Lol.
  18. ChuckHofski

LOLZ yeah i see they placed it back to maintenance. I got the same error and even after deleting the exe, and re-updating it was still erroring. lets hope they fix it. i need to kill some vanu scum and TR traitors!
  19. Viere

Now i got this: Important Message! PlanetSide 2 is currently under maintenance. For more information, visit the PlanetSide 2 forums. For server status, go here.
  20. ALexhansxs

just wait db to fix it..lol