T2 Striker gives TR such a huge and unfair advantage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Magma52, May 8, 2016.

1. Khallixtus

As a matter of fact, you said the word easily a three times on the first page. You also said that you don't need any practice to be good at using the Striker, which pretty much equals 'easier to use'. You said that as an argument for Striker being stronger, that more people could pick up the Striker and use it well. And a Lock-On is waaaaaay easier.

Okay, for Anti-Air, it is the best ESRL. The reason why Striker isn't an "unfair advantage" as you put it, is because every faction gets a far better AA Lock-On RL, which makes the Striker obsolete.

I have read that Air gets lots of kills, and thats obvious, what you don't seem to get is that this argument is about the Striker, not Air's killing capabilities. You really need to stop bringing up this pointless and obvious fact and start actually arguing more about RLs and reading what we have been saying for about three pages, the Striker has no significant strengths that make it's use worthwhile.

As for ESRL differences, there should be differences, especially in areas of strengths. If they all did the same thing just as well as each other, there would be no point to them existing. The Lancer and Pheonix are both MUCH stronger than the Striker because they do things that no other RL can do. The Striker just does the same things WORSE.

Make Striker old lock on style? I thought you said the Striker was too strong, and now you want to make it even stronger, and even more boring. It's pretty much a Grounder with six weak rockets in that scenario. As for NS Dumb-Firing Launcher, I think you're talking about the Decimator, which already exists.
    • Up x 1
  2. thebigbortishbort

No , and theres a spooky fact that you might've not figured out yet , everyone already had a dumb fire rocket launcher :O
    they set ESF's on fire , if you get the NS version it'll one shot esf's out right , kinda spooky aye.

this willingness to give away ES weapons shows you are an odd little creature who cares little of faction diversity who doesn't want to switch factions , i wouldn't trade the striker for both because its ours.

also i agree with scrin , 10/10 troll in this Good job.
  3. Ryme_Intrinseca

At ranges where you would have time for such evasive moves the Striker would be no threat at all.

[Needs citation] And even if mozzies are high on the board, there are hundreds of possible reasons for that, like the general TR overpop relative to VS, mozzie characteristics, empire-specific ESF weapons, etc. It is extremely unlikely to be due to one G2A weapon that is, on all objective measures and according to everyone who ever used it, at best mediocre.
    If the Striker is so great why is it below the Annihilator and all ES lock ons for KPH and KPU?

I'm going to stop giving you proper replies until you provide proof that you have knowledge of at least basic Striker functionality. 20 AA kills should do it. Won't take you long since it's so OP :rolleyes:
  4. DragenoidHighLord

This is called "diversity" i mean this is TRs deal,spam rockets until your scared and run the T2 Striker is a mental and physical weapon,it scares off the fighters since they don't want to take damage.But its an illusion to hide its low damage.

-Sceptical mode-
    "Forcing ESFs away more effectively then any other empire is just too damn good."-Good god what is winning alerts?What is winning you continents,what in the name of DBG would you take a dogfight to be more important then a base under siege that will grant you a MBTs or bio lab granting regen.ESFs dont capture bases they are fragile if you are actually convinced that its unfair that T2 Striker is a TR only weapon,then you must have watched this video V and you took it seriously.

So even if T2 Striker was an amazing weapon
    [IMG]
    and it is dominating air deterrance it wouldn't change the fact veteran pilots wouldn't give up on flight since they ARE PILOTS.Also Striker is a 100% death after 2 shots since 90% time you will be in shot by a sniper.If you use a Grounder,you shoot and forget and you get less heat on you from snipers,but Striker forces you to be a sniper magnet to dish out small ammounts of dmg.Reason why its negolected in AA department,because its negolected in general by TR and there is only like 1 players in 100 TR player database using a Striker.NC players will agree they would rather face a T2 striker in a A2G duel since it sucks in EVERYTHING a RL is usefull for.I am a HA and i in my death history is 1 in every 56 death i was killed by a mosquito and it was mostly due to my nuub behavior.Don't you see there are NC and VS players here in this thread and they are telling and might as well spamm you the realistic answer.Keep telling yourself you are an amazing pilot and its the miniscule derp gun the cause you and maybe friend or 2 die to a striker.

But if you will answer me this question as far as honest as you can be.
    WHAT HITS HARDER? Grounder or T2 Striker,this is a pure TR basic and every TR will tell you and VS 'n NC players are going to know a which one of these 2 is better.But just give me your honest answer and back it up with "Statistics," your evidence that proves a T2 Striker actually negolects every other RL in TR when it comes to AD
    • Up x 3
  5. OldMaster80

Safe from esf? I can't even count the times I shot some rockets to an ESF and he had all the time to aim and instakill me.

The Striker is ok only against poor pilots who hover above their targets. Hitting something that moves is brutally hard.
    • Up x 1
  6. cobaltlightning

As I've said before, giving the Striker G2A Lock-on would buff it enough to be viable again; That ESF would either run first sign of a lock, or pop FS/Flare and null a lot of the damage the Striker can deal, and Libs would just ignore most of it. Many would be content giving air that lock-on warning rather than coyote mechanics, and remaining the dumbfire would still be viable against armor.

Basically turning the Striker into an ES G2A Launcher w/o the alpha damage would be beneficial without making it too OP in single use / smaller numbers: Since it lacks high damage per rocket (200 is pitiable against ESFs) it would instead would have to rely on sustained fire, which means long time in the open as you gain and maintain the lock. If need be, giving it slow Swarm Rockets could help quiet down anti-TR people.

The remaining Dumbfire would only be useful for a close-mid range AT Role, in which the other available TR options would be better suited for, anyway, Even the Grounder. Using this for Long-range AT is possible, yes, but I still wouldn't recommend anything too far past 125m. You'd be a prime target for any planetman that can put his crosshair on you, or even the tank you'd be shooting rockets at. Put in resistance values and it's like throwing grenades at a 3-foot thick steel block.

Lack of a larger Explosion and low splash damage means its use against infantry in single use/small numbers drops greatly, at least for killing them.
  7. Eternaloptimist

I've killed more cocky esfs with a Phoenix than I have with a Striker. Sure, they are harder to hit but one Phoenix rocket does a lot more damage so far as I can tell. The Lancer is like the other ES RLs - (or any RLs maybe) - good in packs. Personally I am inaccurate and the Lancer rewards accuracy.

I like the Striker as a fun weapon and It's rocket speed has increased to the point where it is not just a point blank weapon. But OP it is not, unless you are already damaged and hanging around somewhere dumb.

A couple of G2A lock-ons will put those Mossies down if they are hanging about.
  8. Haquim

I really had a good laugh in this thread.
    Personally, I usually use the grounder.

But... there is a rumour of a dark "new" continent.
    A place with low visual range, a lot of fog and an incredible amount of trees.
    Normally you would assume that would protect you from those dishonorable skypests.
    Everybody knows trees are the natural enemies of ESFs after all.
    But... they have evolved. They have learned to fly around them and engage their targets.
    A few survivors even speak of dark rituals and an unholy pact between the pilots and the trees....
    Instead of being our steadfast bio-degradable defenders who protect us in their shade, they now block and interrupt our lock-ons.
    We are but prey to the scourges of the skies..
    But high command, in their republican and totally democratically elected wisdom have foreseen our plight.
    They have equipped our forces with the T2-Striker.
    This technical marvel, designed by our loyal TR scientists, fires heatseeking missiles, thus denying our foes the advantages gained through those traitorous plants.
    Each of those rockets is hand-crafted by loyal nanites, although this results in a certain "blindness" of the rockets, reducing their seeking radius to about 20 m.
    On the upside they are also very smart. They can discern between different heatsources with 100% accuracy, and will always engage Reavers, Scythes and Liberators while dutifully ignoring any Vanguards, Magriders, Sunderers or other land-based heatsources of any kind that are trying to distract them from their doomed target that will certainly soon be in range.
    If you haven't yet, JOIN TR.
    Aside from the Striker we have a lot of other weapons that kinda work!

Seriously, Hossin is the only place I use that flare launcher.
    Those flares are a signal for "get-the-****-out-of-my-airspace-before-I-flare-up-your-***"
    • Up x 1
  9. Ryme_Intrinseca

I too have heard tell of this mysterious reverso-continent where the 'roads' are underwater, small shrubs OHK MBTs, and Strikers are actually useful. I even heard that once upon a time you could find fights there bigger than 1-12 :eek:
  10. Shiaari

But you don't have a logical answer.

The Striker is more difficult to use than those "normal" lock on launchers. You have imagined that the Striker's existence gives the TR some kind of superiority, and you have failed to explain what that superiority is. How do I know you have failed if I haven't read all your posts? Because, no logic exists to rationalize the Striker as superior, because as a point of fact it's not. You're arguing an opinion against a fact of the way the Striker works, and there is no argument you can make to the contrary because no argument to the contrary exists.

Your argument is like someone arguing the Earth is flat despite overwhelming and incontrovertible evidence to the contrary. I don't need to read your reasons the Earth is flat. It's not. There is nothing to gain in entertaining your delusions that the Striker is overpowered.

It's not.
  11. ObiVanuKenobi

So you haven't used it or didn't watch the video you posted? This vid was made when it was a normal lockon launcher split into 6 rockets before the heatseeking mechanic rework and there's 4+ striker heavies + burster max. Pls...
  12. Towie

Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

I like the differences between the ESRLs, they really are genuinely - well - different. Good at some things, bad at others.

The Striker is good AA - Phoenix good AI - Lancer good AV but all have their place. Phoenix is hands-down the most fun though...
  13. HomicideJack

Why is this thread still alive?
  14. Ryo313

because ppl are bored... and stuck in the queue xD
    at least i managed to get the OP to ignore me XD
  15. GhostAvatar

Hahahahahahahahaha.... oh wait, you're serious 0.o
    • Up x 1
  16. LaughingDead

Personally, what helps me kill heavies more often is the lockon time it takes from a regular launcher, they have no movement speed and die in a split second. Striker still lets you get damage out even if you die it could still deter the air.
  17. PasitheeVS

These videos prove how OP the Striker is, the Valkyrie is the best example for it.

In comparison: With a Dumbfire or even the Lancer it is impossible to hit enemy aircrafts, because of the "choppy"/laggy movements of the Valkyrie.
    With a "normal" G2A lock-on you will also have no chance to hit enemy aircrafts, because you have to maintain the aim for... idk.. 2 seconds? In that time the Striker already emptied it's magazines. Also it is impossible to maintain the LoS to the ESF, because of the Valkyrie's and the ESF's movement. The Phoenix is also no option, because of the range restrictions that get even worse when the Valk is moving.
    Maybe the LA's tool slot thingy will be an option when it's finished, fully tweaked and live, but let's see...

With the Striker you don't have these problems. The choppy/laggy movements of the Valkyrie is being compensated by the fact that you don't need to hit the enemy, but shoot somewhere not even near your enemy.

Another thing to mention is that Stealth (unlike other Coyote-Like lock-ons) has no effect and Decoy Flares are nearly useless due to clientside.
  18. Runegrace

Saying that the Striker is the best anti-air ESRL is like saying the MKV is the SMG with the best performance when silenced. I mean, it's TRUE, but doesn't account for the fact that all SMGs are pretty terrible with suppressors.

I'm wondering if this all is coming from server culture differences. Miller TR has a lot of pop and air, IIRC. The idea that air can just hover above bases and cleanse infantry is foreign to me since even in a 1-12 on Emerald you'll eventually get two burster MAXes after a few kills. Also the VS is oddly fond of the NS Swarm, and if you go near a medium+ fight clouds of the things will come after you. Oddly, NC don't do the same even though they have the 'worst' AA ESRL. The NC have access to the exact same AA option as VS, but the culture of the faction doesn't seem to want to use it.

Despite what other people are saying in this thread, I think the Striker is a good RL. But it also doesn't do something that the other factions can't strictly cover with other means. A G2A launcher reaches further and can also dumbfire on MAXes and the like. A proper dumbfire is better at extremely close ranges. If air is a serious problem over a base, two Burster MAXes can clear pretty much everything then freely switch to AI or AV weapons when the air is gone.

Saying that the Striker lets TR uniquely deal with air seems dishonest. It would be like the TR saying it was impossible to deal with parked Sunderers because they didn't have the Phoenix. TR can pull some harassers or tanks, aircraft, get a AV MAX or some crafty infantry, or if all else fails load a squad's worth of C4 onto a Wraith Flash. There are other ways, just like every faction is more than capable of denying airspace to aircraft.
    • Up x 3