T2 Striker gives TR such a huge and unfair advantage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Magma52, May 8, 2016.

1. gartho33

Having the [Phoenix] available on top of what everyone else gets anyway gives [the NC] a far larger [Anti Vehicle] potential. Having better [Anti Vehicle] creates two situations:
    1. [NC] infantry have to worry less about being farmed from [Vehicle].
    2. [Vanguards] can farm because the enemy has reduced [Anti Vehicle] potencial.

Look mate... Your fighting a battle you'll never win... each faction has their "perks" and their "short comings". Nothing you try and do will change that. Unless you are willing to give up your "toys" to cause this fictional imbalance to go away, I'd suggest you let it go and addapt. For years the TR had a hell of a time fighting Vehicles outside of the prowler (and still very much require OTHER vehicles to do that same job). VS have had their issues as well (Toys taken away due to extreme effectiveness), and even NC are not free of this plague your trying to spread.

Stop trying to nerf a faction because it "appears" to have a "slight" advantage over you (and I mean you the person not you the faction). We have all adapted to the change in the striker (mostly by refusing to use it), why can't you?
    • Up x 5
  2. Magma52

That isn't what I said and you know it. It's OP because it gives TR anti air capabilities far beyond what it is available to VS and NC. If attacking from the air wasn't so effective, I wouldn't have an issue...but it is the most effective means of farming infantry so therefore there is too much of a divide in the balance of the game to give one faction increased safety from it.

Come up with a new line. I am not trolling. You accuse me of trolling because it's easy. You're probably not even reading everything I have to say. You just call me a troll and move on. Fine, but it just proves you don't have the faculties to do anything different.
  3. Runegrace

Sorry for double-post, this came up while I was writing.

Is there more advantage for a faction to deny air kills, or to destroy a Sundy behind a hill that is the source of an attacking force? Because I'm pretty sure that the infantry coming out of the Sundy are not only going to get more kills, but will also capture the base.

This is faction flavor. Factions can do some things that others cannot. Not only do you use different tactics when playing as them, but you must use different tactics when playing against different factions.
    • Up x 2
  4. Ryme_Intrinseca

Or a hive behind a load of walls, turrets, armour and infantry?

If we're talking effect on overall strategy then the Phoenix (and even the Lancer) are game changers in a way that the Striker could never be. And that's nothing to cry about, faction diversity is a good thing and I'm happy for the VS and NC to have their unique weapons.
  5. Magma52

As I already mentioned, tanks aren't getting kills like ESFs do. Having an advantage against vehicles instead of air is not a good deal for NC. The facts are all there. Just look at your average daily leaderboard (I won't name names) and there are TR pilots spending their whole day lolpodding and Banshee farming because the NC and VS have a decreased anti air capability. The Striker is essentially a weakened portable FLAK cannon that costs 0 nanites.

I would happily give up NC MAXes Ravens in return for Striker changes. How is that?

As for your final point...did you even read my OP? I suggested one of two things: either make the Striker traditional lock on again (that's you want, right?) or give each faction an NS dumb firing Coyote missile launcher. So what seems to be problem here? I already answered and appeased your points before you even made them.
  6. Liewec123

all 3 ESRLs are strong in their own areas.
    lancer outshines pretty much everything for extreme range AV,
    striker is a really really good AA launcher,
    phoenix from behind cover can be devastating.

imho this is the kind of thing we need to see more of in the game!
    faction diversity!
    • Up x 3
  7. Purpoleon Dynamite

As much as I would like to jump on the bandwagon and fire up such an easy target like this thread others in forumside beat me to it. Playing mostly my "purple guy" or my "red guy" I have some trigger time with both ES launchers. I do not have a great amount of time with the "blue guys" and the Phoenix. In fact, only in the VR have I played with it. But when in the hands of someone who does have experience, it is my bane when driving around or in the defense. You (OP) can snivel about the Striker being rough on ESFs when there is an equal push on the Phoenix drivers who sling those "whistle missiles" around from behind cover.

I can almost hear the VOIP conversations now... "OK, check it... From behind the rocks, through the trees, over that hill, around the corner... Nothing but Prowler ***!"

To know that my Striker is giving some super-shotgun spamming ESF pilot from the NC fits while farming infantry, made my day. Here is a fix for your problem, don't farm TR infantry. Or, accept the fact that some critters on the farm may fight back.
  8. SW0V

Obvious troll is obvious. It takes even more skill to hit an ESF with a Kraken. What's your point?

Based on your arguments I tend to agree.

Obvious troll is obvious. The same can be said about the lancer/phoenix.

Obvious troll is obvious. Funny how trolls can't see how OP their own stuff is. No... nothing kills as quickly as scattercannons in CQC.

They already did this... it's called the NS R3 Swarm.

This video that you claim shows how OP the striker is was recorded pre-nerf striker when it used to be a traditional lock-on launcher. The fact that you don't realise this is hysterical. YOu claim that making it a traditional lock-on launcher would 'fix' it and then show a video of how OP it was when this was the case.... BRAVO!

Try to take fewer of those crazy pills you mentioned earlier.
    • Up x 4
  9. gartho33

At that point what is the difference between Planetside and Battle Field?

And to that extent... Why is it that TR cannot have a niche area of greater performance? How about we give VS and TR MAX shotguns (you ALREADY have gotten your auto cannons), and Infantry the Jackhammer and 200 dmg model to boot?

I've Played all factions and find that each is equally capable of "deterring" air. I've also found that each faction has one or more areas that are slightly easier to deal with.

I also find it funny that you are now advocating that we reverse the change to the striker (filling the EXACT role of the Swarm) or give you the striker (Which we already have done, your just 1 generation behind, which may I point out, you gave as proof of the weapon being OP)....

Judging by your sig, you have refused to play TR and likely have not gotten the full experience of the striker. It is absolutely frustrating to use, its range is nigh useless against a moving target, its damage is negligible unless all 6 shot land (at which point it is only slightly above a decimeter, talk about trade off... do a little more damage in exchange for more than triple the exposure) and is only effective against close/slow/large/stationary targets.

Except for the fact that Vehicles are the number 1 reason that a base can be overrun... As was pointed out to you...

If your advocating for a nerf to another faction just so you can "farm" more kills, I'd say it is you who need to change, not the weapon that is designed to be a hard counter to your play style.
  10. Ryme_Intrinseca

I'm calling you a troll because you are saying so many things that appear to be obvious trolls. Your special standard of 'OP though it doesn't get kills' is one. Then just from the OP we have:
    Nice comparison with weapons that aren't even primarily G2A there :rolleyes:

Even if the Striker was really, really good at G2A it couldn't possibly have this kind of dramatic effect on the ground game, and you must know it.

Obviously they are not... at all.
    NC obviously have similarly unique abilities like the Phoenix, so why even say something so stupid unless you are trolling?
    The final line summarizes the entire post - no facts, just hyperbole and QQ.

Really struggling to see how someone could come up with such a stream of nonsense and not be trolling...
    • Up x 1
  11. UberNoob1337101

Striker's good now, sure, but Phoenix and Lancer have got good AV potential, so no faction has the short end of a stick. Our TR ES launcher is a bit better at AA than the standard ones, and your ES launchers are a bit better at AV. Lancer is for long range and Phoenix is for taking care of targets from cover/somewhere safe.

And FFS everyone got a NS Striker, so that completely defeats the point that we have something unique and cool.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ryo313

don't forget to give everyone an NS Phoenix and NS Lancer as well x'D
    if you'd give the striker the lock on (back) you'd have another NS Swarm or worse pre-nerfed Striker.

but increased anti ground capability. as someone mentioned before beeing able to kill a sunderer behind cover is way more effective then giving any aircraft a good laugh... you can scare Mossis away the same way as any other ESF by simply shooting at it with any weapon...
    srsly TR only have one option more which isn't even a good option. you can do the same thing with any other LMG which is deterring aircraft. it doesn't give the TR any advantage.. the Striker is the laughing stock of the TR.

so which one is it now? you can't look left and at the same time right.

oh btw... TR isn't the only one farming with ESFs .. NC and VS are doing the same xD and they are all equally effective.
    the striker doesn't change anything.

i've put something in color so you might see what i'm answering to... 90% of the stuff you say doesn't make any sense and is biased and the other 10% is hot air
    sry m8
  13. Magma52

Well it's an interesting counter argument (the first in this thread? ;) ), however it will take at least 2 Phoenixes to start causing a problem for 1 Sunderer guardian. 3 Phoenixes would cause him a big problem. 1 Striker can cause a huge problem for 1 or 2 ESFs (if they don't attack at the same time) wanting to attack infantry travelling between objectives. Given that ESFs can stop infantry playing the objective for a while these factors only add up in TR's favour.

The air game in PlanetSide 2 is so important in changing the outcome of battles but it also affects the individual's experience too: nobody likes it when there is an ESF that doesn't seem to get shot down and if one empire has increased anti air capability (make no mistake, the Striker does that) it doesn't seem fair on the other empires.
    Again, I will stress that I am only saying this because attacking from the air generates kills unlike anything else in the game. I don't see it as a good trade that 1 Phoenix cause a Sunderer (which might not even be spawning enough people to take the base) a minor headache when 1 Striker can cause an airborne killing machine enough of a ballache that he has to turn around and go home.

Further factors I haven't mentioned yet:
    You can strafe and fire all 6 rockets from a Striker in a few seconds. Firing the Phoenix the full distance takes about 15 to 20 seconds and you have to stand still. I don't need to explain the disadvantage there.
  14. UberNoob1337101

Sunderers poo out entire armies of infantry.

ESFs farm people out in the open and occasionally do something important.

Which is a bigger threat, dealing with a single farmer, or winning a fight? Also Striker has got bad accuracy while moving so your strafing argument is irrelevant, and if you're getting wrecked while piloting the Phoenix rocket you're doing something wrong.
    • Up x 1
  15. DragenoidHighLord

So here are the stats on each ESRL, NC15 Pheonix (damage stats) 750 dmg min and max.Lancer 750 dmg in full charge and the T2 Striker came short in the long run with 200 dmg min and max dmg. And didn't you hear what is its Coyote missles?They lock on not on the vehicle,but a specific radius from a center in the vehicle itself so size of the ESF doesn't matter you could have a dead on shot but if it isn't in the radius you just missed a rubber rocket shot.

Also you would be suprised how simple it is to take out ESF but we NC find it our weak spot since we have shotguns and our Ravens have shotguns,only thing that doesn't have a shotgun its our MBT.Anyway you will reply "Striker has 6 shots and 200 dmg would be 1200 dmg but thats if they hit and the repeated "Coyote" mechanic is a massive reason why this weapon doesn't prove to be a good one since those rockets need to be right infront of it to actually lock on them and try to hit.The reason we all think its weak its because its dumbfire where your only good target is a hovering ESFs,sure its faster then Phoenix but phoenix is a lot more controled and effective at what it does which is hit its target since you are controling it.Bruster MAXs and flaks are devastating for ESFs which are dumb enough or the flak players are good with their guns,they shred and render ESFs into swish cheese tho thats what ESF pilots ,those who pay attention actually watch out for those.Also flying in PS2 is hard,the fact the ESF pilots from TR make it look easy its probably due to their experience and poor coordination of NC and VS groups that are caught in the strafe.

Also if you want to "Scare" off those ESF its pretty much if your HA light them up with those LMGs and they will take it as someone is going AA on them and they will flee and give time to take cover or grab your AA and prepeare when he swings around.
    • Up x 1
  16. Ryo313

ugh.. dude just stop...

you can strafe with the striker but you don't hit anything with it while doing so... the coyote mechanic on the striker is so bad its not even worth mentioning. 2.5s exposer time is pretty much what gets you killed before you even shoot your 3rd rocket.
    yes dettering aircraft is a huge factor but you can do that with so many other weapons the striker doesn't stick out at that.
    while the phoenix really sticks out at anti ground capability.

there is no "increased anti air capability" the range where you actually land / hit with the striker is the same range where you can hit/kill with any other dumbfire RL.

your arguments don't have any relevance. you need to test the weapon to get rid of your false bias. the striker is nowhere near op as you think. and your statements are straight up false.
    • Up x 2
  17. HomicideJack

Just give up, guys. You can't make a blind man read.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ryme_Intrinseca

This is the best thread since CityWatcherBlue's masterpiece "Why I am deleting this game from all 3 of my nephews PS4's"
    • Up x 4
  19. Shiaari

Oh... my god... how can you be this dense?

How many rocket launchers can a Heavy assault carry? 2? 8?

One.

What is the difference between 5 Heavies carrying 5 Swarms, and 5 Heavies carrying 5 Strikers? Very little. The 5 carrying Strikers--if they're good--may be able to bring slightly more DPS to the table, but in terms of the threat 5 rocket launchers is 5 rocket launchers. No player can bring more than one rocket launcher to a fight.

The Striker is just a unique weapon, like the Phoenix, like the Lancer. It has an application, like the Phoenix, like the Lancer. You don't need to hit aircraft with a Phoenix because you can hit other things from behind cover with it, something the TR can't do. They could certainly argue that the camera guided Phoenix is OP, couldn't they? You can hit aircraft with the other three lock-on launchers available to the NC.
    • Hawk GD-68
    • NS Annihilator
    • NS R3 Swarm
    Those are your three options. They are all perfectly good options.
    • Up x 2
  20. Taemien

My reaction too.

The OP's reactions is liable to get me banned. So I think I'll steer clear of this one.
    • Up x 1