T2 Striker gives TR such a huge and unfair advantage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Magma52, May 8, 2016.

1. LodeTria

That's from when the striker was a lock-on, if you had to bothered to watch the video you can see him lockin on.
    Maybe you should try harder next time.
    • Up x 3
  2. Shiaari

LOL no, the Phoenix is too slow to catch an ESF, period. When I said the Phoenix doesn't, it's because it doesn't.

But just because your ESRL is useless against aircraft doesn't mean you don't have options. Exercise those options instead of calling for unnecessary nerfs.
  3. Magma52

People keep saying this to me; "Striker is only effective at ESF that are close". Well, there ARE plenty of TR pilots who hover at close range. The closer they are the more kills they can get.

You don't have to get a kill with a Striker. Just hitting an ESF with one Striker rocket is enough to cause that ESF pilot a huge problem. That one rocket could be the difference between escaping and not escaping. For example, a burster MAX might bring an ESF down to 5% health. That ESF would not get away if just one Striker rocket had hit it.

The Lancer and the Phoenix are all or nothing: it's single shot and if you miss your the ESF it can escape, repair and come right back.
  4. Ryo313

haha thats not true at all xP the striker takes way more practice to land the shots. Lancer is an instagib and Phoenix is the least one because everyone can guide a rocket to its target XD

srsly go make an TR alt and use the striker.. it seems you don't know anything about it and just claim its op which its not.. its the wrost one out of those 3.
  5. Kevin

These guys should play TR.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ryo313

lancer can instahit the ESF and the Phoenix isn't designed to hit airtargets but its best at hitting groundtargets behind cover.

hover at close range = dead ESF no matter which faction it belongs to.
  7. Magma52

There are lot of rockets being fire in that video. It's hard to tell. Fine, I was wrong about that particular video but that doesn't nullify my point, does it? The Striker still exists in its current form and I am experiencing it in game. How does posting the wrong video prove my point wrong? It doesn't.

Watch the first video instead.
  8. Ryme_Intrinseca

Nerf it all you like, it's already so much worse than the annihilator or grounder that I'd never consider using it.
  9. Magma52

And what options are those? Burster MAX and traditional lock on Launchers? Anti air guns mounted on top of vehicles? Dude, TR have those options on top of their Striker. There is no counterpart to a 0 nanite dumb-firing rocket launcher.
  10. Ryo313

you can still nerf that thing? o_O oh right... throwing the launcher itself instead of shooting rockets should be a mechanic unique to the striker xD

yeah the grounder is better at anything the striker does. but don't say it too loud or that guy wants to nerf it as well xD
    • Up x 1
  11. Ryo313

dude this isn't CoD or any other average shooter...
    faction diversity.. does it ring a bell? NC and VS can do stuff TR can't and vice versa but those things are so small they aren't op in any way...

how about we nerf the phoenix because you can shoot with it behind cover and hit pretty much anything on the ground/inside buildings? XD

srsly you have no clue what you're talking about so pls create a TR alt test the weapon (both inside VR and outside in a battle) and you'll see that the striker is the worst RL out there which needs a buff.
  12. Magma52

Maybe you should look at what your TR pilot colleagues are doing above VS and NC bases. If there is no FLAK firing at them, they are only worrying about the time it takes for a lock on to reach full lock. Scythes and Reavers have the same thing, but there is no timing aspect when being shot at by a Striker. Just one rocket from a Striker hitting your ESF is enough to cause a huge headache and make things much more difficult. TR don't have to worry about that. That's the issue I have.

As I suspected, you don't like the Striker because it doesn't get you kills. The Striker doesn't get kills, it prevents ESFs farming. That's quite an advantage for TR right there.
  13. Shiaari

Buy a Swarm. It's my favorite lock on. It takes a lot less effort to hit fighters than a Lancer, and is a lot more forgiving, and flexible.

Stop calling for unnecessary nerfs just because you had a bad night.
    • Up x 2
  14. Ryo313

where is the advantage? the time you notice the hit you turn shoot the morron who tries to kill you with the striker and move on farming
    200 dmg per rocket... 2.5s to fully unclip your mag.. plenty of time to kill the guy shooting at you...

i better shoot your ESF with any LMG instead of the Striker to have the same effect + i'm more likely to hit you without getting killed by the ESF xD
  15. Magma52

Grounder? No, that's traditional lock on, why would I want that nerfed? Everyone has lock on and everyone has the NS Swarm available to them. Is the Grounder more effective? I dunno, maybe, but at least NC and VS has something similar.

There is nothing similar to the Strilker. Being able to quickly look up and being able to dumb fire super fast rockets at ESF pilots who get too close is a major bonus; ESFs that are able to get close are able to get enormous amounts of kills.
  16. Ryo313

ok so by your logic we need to remove faction diversity...
    remove the Phoenix because VS and TR don't have video guided rockets...
    remove the Lancer because NC and TR don't have instagib chargeable RL...

now i see that you're a troll... and your argument doesn't make any sense...
  17. Magma52

Swarm is normal lock on...I have already explained this. As a pilot you can time your escape like any other lock on launcher. The Striker doesn't allow for that. I have said ALL of that already in this thread.
    You know, you keep saying I am stupid but you're not really coming up with anything new to say to me. I have already told you that TR have the Swarm available to them on top of the Striker.

The Pheonix is almost useless against air and the Lancer is usable but not hugely effective. Look, you even said so yourself

Having the Striker available on top of what everyone else gets anyway gives them a far larger anti air potential. Having better anti air creates two situations:
    1. TR infantry have to worry less about being farmed from air.
    2. Mosquitos can farm because the enemy has reduced anti air potential.

We all know how well effective attacking infantry from the air can be. So what if the Phoenix can hit a tank from outside its line of sight? That tank isn't killing 20 enemy troops in 20 seconds like an ESF can. That's a huge discrepancy.
  18. Ryme_Intrinseca

So it's OP because it doesn't get kills? You're clearly trolling, no one this side of a Trump convention believes such obvious bullzhit.
    • Up x 1
  19. Magma52

Again, people putting words in my mouth and jumping to conclusions. I just said that Grounder doesn't need to be nerfed for the exact reasons you are now relaying back to me! Faction diversity is important.

Yeah, fine, you say I am trolling but that's only because it's easy. You've just jumped in and cried foul because it's easier than thinking up a logical, reasoned response. You don't have the faculties to sit there and type out something coherent.

I already explained to others that having increased anti air capabilities is far more important than have a remote controlled rocket that can hurt a tank sitting on a hill somewhere because air gets far more kills.
  20. Runegrace

If an enemy ESF is that close to you hit it with a dumbfire. It instantly dies and you don't even need to worry about if there's a friendly burster max to deal 95% more damage to it. Also, major bonus points for saying the Striker should be reverted back to a lockon, then posting a video of the old lockon Striker as example of how OP the weapon is.

Why do I feel that the original post was written after a night of failed lolpoding? Honestly I'm not even sure how that would do it, because most TR don't seem to care much for the Striker. You don't hear nerf calls for the thing because it isn't that strong, but does have some niche use so it's not completely worthless either. It basically feels like exactly the spot an ES item should be at, balance-wise.
    • Up x 1