[Suggestion] Motion Spotters

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scifi, May 7, 2016.

1. Scifi

I beleve that there is enough radars and this one is 1 too many, I think it should only have a small viewing angle like a torch beam. You point it in the direction you need and that is what it scans and 25m is too far and the duration should be the same as the dart.
  2. Ryme_Intrinseca

So make it totally useless, basically?
    • Up x 3
  3. notyourbuddy

Maybe Daybreak should add a new Infiltrator deployable that blocks radar in a small radius?

Could function like the one in Tribes or something:

• Up x 1
  4. LaughingDead

I'd like a sort of counter radar, but we call those EMPs.

Jokes aside, a jammer sort of device would be nifty, like jamming half of the motion spotters range or giving a sort of blanket that stops radars range after 10 feet. It would make recon darts a bit more viable since most people just use motion spotters for almost everything.
  5. Shiaari

Yeah, I hate those motion spotters and the Infiltrators who rely on them. That's why I employ a Sensor Shield.

Wanna see someone hit their a$$? Take away their crutch.

Of course, to take away a crutch they must first be given one............

Short sighted reasoning. OP. Motion sensors are fine.
  6. Septus

radar jammers would be awesome for infils, make them super useful.

perhaps more than just sensor darts and motion spotters?

what about:

1. scramble minimap for enemies in small area (probably very OP) this would probably work best as a dart gun with long cooldown
    2. prevent spotted people or red dots from appearing on enemy mini maps ( seems reasonable as long as source of interference shows up on map like motion spotter does) work best as a deployable
  7. DarkStarII

How about instead of changing the function of motion spotters we change the availability.
    Instead of having 5 at max rank you get 3. Starting off with 1, going up to 2 at rank 3, then finally the third at rank 5. Also giving them a resource cost, something like 50 nanites (the same as regular frag grenades) could work.

This would make it so that destroying them would mean more and that they don't get replaced almost immediately.
  8. Diggsano

sure if you give them 1000 hp instead and makes the cloak the same visibility on all settings so it is hard to see even with best settings...
    • Up x 1
  9. breeje

there is nothing wrong with the motion spotters, players need to play smart if spotters are around
    if you get killed to many times by infills you're playing this game wrong
    and spotters are available for both sides, let a friendly infill place also a spotter to even the chances
    all you need to do is ask if they are not placing one (good infills place them all the time without asking)