Terrible pings to US servers today

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by travbrad, May 4, 2016.

1. travbrad

I am getting about 160 ping to Emerald today and 220 to Connery. Normally I get about 70-80 to Emerald and 110 to Connery. My pings to my router are 1ms. My Pings to google and other games are also normal (16-18ms).

Does anyone know the IP address of the servers so I can tracert them? It seems to be a hop near both PS2 servers (on opposite sides of the country...) somehow, if not the servers themselves.

P.S. I made a character on a Euro server, and my pings are lower than both Connery and Emerald (I live in the central US)
    • Up x 1
  2. HadesR

Ping's been increased for a lot of people to all servers since yesterdays patch ..
    • Up x 2
  3. Cyropaedia

There was a thread about Chinese players migrating to US Servers this week.
  4. travbrad

Why would Chinese players affect my ping to servers in the United States. I didn't move to China... I could see how there would be more laggy players but my ping to the server itself shouldn't more than double.
  5. HadesR

6. Caddy

hi there,
    same here, my ping increased since last patch, glad to see i'm not the only one
    hope they fix it fast, i want to play :(