Please Nerf the "bettlejuice" and Light PPA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheKharjo15, Apr 19, 2016.

1. TheKharjo15

As the title says:
    Its not fair or reasonable that you nerf TR and NC only , and vs barely gets anything nerfed.
    The jackhamer is not worth it anymore and the chaingun is plain **** because of the nerfs, and the only nerf the "bettlejuice" ever had wasn't even a nerf, if anything you made it more accurate.
    I know the spandex fanboys from vs buy a lot of cosmetics and other crap, but please for once, try to balance things out between the factions.
    Also the light ppa is overpowerd af against infantry where NC and TR barely has anything of that level, so please nerf the PPA , around its damage and area of damage because its just ridiculous.
    The musquito and Reaver just cant compete there, because a scyte with PPA will take out 5-10 people at a time with ease
  2. UberNoob1337101

So much wrong in this thread.

1. VS is the faction that got nerfed the most, TR also got nerfed a ton and NC... was almost never nerfed, but the game's balanced well now.

2. Jackhammer is the best shotgun in the game, period and is amazing in the right hands. Chaingun is really fun to use, the sustained dakka is amazing. Betelgeuse got it's 0.75 ADS removed for a tiny accuracy buff, which is a pretty big nerf. All LMGs are viable. Also, Jackhammer and MCG got BUFFED, they weren't nerfed AFAIK.

3. Also why the hell are you comparing the Betelgeuse to the Jackhammer and the Chaingun? Wouldn't a better comparison be the GODSAW and the Butcher?

4. As far as I know, cosmetics are bought almost equally amongst all factions.

5. Have you ever used Mustang AH? That thing is also a good AI nosegun, and definitely the one I had the most fun (OHKs all day). PPA is balanced because you need to stare at your target for 1+ seconds to kill it and once an AA source comes up, gg. Banshee definitely needs a buff though.

6. A mossie and reaver can obliterate 5-10 oblivious people too. Also, they can't compete in terms of A2G? Have you ever heard of rocket pods? AI noseguns aren't the only A2G in the game, son.

Sin tally : 6

Troll score : 0/10 - You didn't even try. Don't take bait pls.
    • Up x 7
  3. TheKharjo15

first of all, stop being a vs fanboy and wannaby smartarse
    Secong, rocketpods suck at long distance unlike ppa
    Third the jackhammer is useless in long rage encounters , where the bettlejuice is good in close, medium, and long combat
    Fourth the chaingun is fun to shoot but thats it, it fits no role, not even supressing , because nobody is dumb enough to charge at it.
    Also the musquito is OP? pls i strafe around its bullets with my nc char and ... Heavy shields dont give a **** about rocket pods unless i am in the open since their spread and area damage is low compared to the ppa (wich is a maingun so you can equip aditional area damaging weapons if you really suck at aiming and still get kills)
    The reaver shutgun is the only good anti infantry weapon but you need to get close for it to be efficient and usually get rocketed like hell on your second try
    Now can i get someone who can make a serious reply not a wannaby troll spandex, please?

P.S i play vanu too, but not that much, because easy mode is booring
  4. JDCollie=VX9=

Lol, you're comparing the Jackhammer to the Betelgeuse? Shouldn't you be comparing it to the Godsaw?
    • Up x 4
  5. UberNoob1337101

1. I play all factions and I'm not biased towards any.
    2. They're good there too, but PPA is better, but that's what it's supposed to do and you lose your AA nosegun. I wouldn't give up my AA capability for extra range.
    3. Again, it's supposed to be that way. It's a shotgun ffs, have you ever used it indoors? Best cert farm ever.
    4. Suppression, group kills, sustained fire, good hipfire accuracy for LMGs. It can do a lot, and it's especially good for point holds and defending.

It seems as if you didn't play the game much and you've jumped on the #VanuOP bandwagon. Play some more, then you'll realize the factions are balanced in every way, and even if they're imbalanced, it's so small that it's almost unnoticeable.
  6. EPIC389

The light PPA was nerfed to crap, it is extremely inaccurate and is more of a nuisance rather than a proper killing tool(although it does still murder people)

The Betelgeuse has (not including scopes) no attachments. The Betelgeuse is more of a farming tool rather than anything. The orion is mostly better as running out of ammunition takes time and is enough to build up kills. The orion is also able to for example, use the laser sight or the forward grip both very useful tools

Your notion of comparing the Betelgeuse to the Jackhammer is completely the wrong path to take. They are designed for completely different scenarios.

The jackhammer is a close quarters powerhouse with a tad bit more versatility compared to other shotguns. The Betelgeuse is a close quarters lmg with a theoretically slower TTK but much more versatility at other ranges

You'd be better off comparing the Betelgeuse to for example the T9 Carv

Or even better. Compare it to the T9A butcher, or the Godsaw
    • Up x 1
  7. Hoothers

why are you comparing a non auraxium weapon (jackjammer) with teh auraxium reward (beetlejuice) ?
    for the comparison sake, do a study between GODSAW and Beetlejuice.
    Jackjammer is the faction specific weapon for HA, not a reward for completing the auraxium missions.
    0/10
  8. TheKharjo15

I cant compare it to the godsaw, because the godsaw is worst than the gauss saw(given you have the proper attachments)
    Also no matter what weapon i use at mid to long range (and even close range if he gets the drop on me) the Betelgeuse has the advantage, fast firing , accurate and good damage its, only weakness being the amount of bullets you can use before it overheats (weakness which is solved by a good side weapon like the commisioner or underboss)
    To be honest i have yet to try a weapon from TR or NC that matches or beats the performance of the Betelgeuse
    Also i still hold my statement, the PPA is a powerhouse against ground troops and that is because absolutetly everybody can use it with good results unlike the banshee which needs a experienced pilot to get kills, the PPA can be used by newbie pilots with ease wich makes the Vanu ESM much more oftain used by players than the other esm's (in wich i got my **** kicked so many times without getting any kills, before i learned how to fly , that i didn't wanna fly anymore for several months until i joined an outfit and got some training from its members, )
    At least give the banshee a much higher magazine size.
    My point is, the NC and TR dont have any weapons that are just plain AWESOME , like the lasher , the Pulsar C (personal favorite , best carbine ever) or the bettlejuice.
    The TR have a lot of bullets to shoot and fast firing rates but low accuracy all around compared to other weapons, The nc have high stomping power but no fire rate to make it efficient (by the time i shoot 10 bullets i already have 30 in my ****)
    Give us a allround good weapon too or remove the nerfs on the signature weapons (chaingun and Jackhammer)
    Because so far i have yet to hear somebody screaming that TR or NC are op (not as much as i hear it about the vanu)
  9. JDCollie=VX9=

Wait, do you have a Betelgeuse? For that matter, have you ever used a Lasher? It isn't awesome. It's mostly a great way to get weaponslocked.
  10. Liewec123

LPPA is great sure, but so is airhammer, if anything banshee needs a small buff to compete with those 2.

i can't really comment on the BG, i do get wrecked quite a lot by people using it,
    but the same thing happens with other weapons.

something fishy is up with jackhammer, the burst mode is so 50/50 now-a-days,
    sometimes you'll shoot someone and barely any of the shots will register hits.
    othertimes it will OHK like it is supposed to, it just seems so random,
    i have auraxiumed it twice and havebeen using it for years,
    something has definitely changed with the burst mode hit detection!
  11. Metrack12

Nah the PPA isn't that good.
    Bettlejuice isn't that good either,I mean yeah infinite ammo is cool as hell,but it only give 49 bullets instead of 50.
    BTW Jackhammer/Chain gun doesn't sucks. The Jackhammer it's the king of CQC weapons in biolabs,chain guns are kinda spray and pray but pretty good for surpress.
    The only op thing of VS is their camo at night...And that's it.
  12. Taemien

At first I thought this was a troll post.. then...

[IMG]

Here I'm going on about how VS is a useless faction and should be stamped out on Connery because their junk sucks.. and you go and make this thread claiming they are OP.

The only issue I see with VS is Dual Photon Pods. Not because they are OP, but because they infringe on the NC's upfront alpha damage trait. Basically swap the stats (but not visuals) with the Breaker Rockets.

But anything in the VS arsenal, being OP? There's no freaking way. If it wasn't for continent resets after unlock, the VS would never see the outside of their warpgate. Here's how it goes:

1. Continent Unlocks.
    2. VS push to a base.
    3. VS gets stomped.
    4. VS watches from the spawnroom as NC or TR take their base.
    5. Repeat 4 until continent locks.

Vanu Sovereignty should be renamed Spawn Warriors.
    • Up x 1
  13. Pfundi

Well, I can understand his frustration.
    Imagine being new here and all you see when fighting VS are Betelgeuses on horrible looking heavies with voicepacks that make nightmares. All BR 100+
    And the LPPA is a little overused on Cobalt atm, but that'll settle. Problem is, with 40% TR pop theres no way of avoiding it really. Be overpopped or be farmed or Zerg basically.
  14. SanPelicano

We, Spawn Warriors are still winning alerts and locking continents on Miller. Even if we are the underdog faction of the server...

http://www.ps2alerts.com/alert-history

So adapt and evolve!
  15. Taemien

I don't have patience for newbies who aren't willing to learn or adapt. There's one thing to have interesting new perspectives and ideas, and some do. But the OP is whining, b-tching, and moaning. I can't do anything with that. I don't want to even attempt it. I'd prefer if he uninstalled and went somewhere else to be someone else's problem.
    • Up x 1
  16. Lord_Avatar

Oh my... Here we go again.
  17. ridicOne

Nerf the BG, Lancer, Orion, PPA2 and LPPA and the Vanu transformation will be complete also remove mag burn and make those swagriders even slower.
    Would people even be able to complain about Vanu anymore after that?
  18. Pat22

By these standards of comparison, I think sniper rifles need to be nerfed because my pistols clearly aren't effective at the same ranges sniper rifles are.
    • Up x 1
  19. Pfundi

Yeah sure, youre kind of right. I still wonder what kept me here at times.
  20. Pfundi

Yes. They look and sound awful.
    • Up x 1