Battlerifles Accuracy ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by XyNox, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Erendil

Yeah, it's a difficult stat to interpret for sure.

The Oracle of Death says technically it's a performance stat and not a usage stat since KPU is the number of kills per Unique killer in a 24 hour period. But I'm not sure I buy that since most people's play sessions don't last for 24 hours.

Two weapons with different KPUs could mean that one is simply used for longer periods of time per user than the other, or that one kills at a higher rate per user than the other. It's hard to tell which. Probably a bit of both.

Here are their KDRs for all players and for just BR100+, taken from http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/items/weapons

KDR

Eidolon = .893
    Nyx = 1.658
    Phantom = 1.777

BR100 KDR
    Eidolon = 1.29
    Nyx = 1.911
    Phantom = 2.357

313 would be a better max Damage number, since 300 damage doesn't change the base STK or TTK compared to 250. So it's impact won't be felt as much.

250 Damage

STK vs unarmoured targets = 4
    STK vs Nanoweave5 targets = 5
    2-HSK to 15m

300 Damage

STK vs Nanoweave5 targets = 5
    2-HSK to ~55m

313 Damage

STK vs Nanoweave5 targets = 4
    2-HSK to ~58m

334 Damage

STK vs unarmoured targets = 3
    STK vs Nanoweave5 targets = 4
    2HSK to ~62m

I must admit that I really like the idea of Battle Rifles effectively defeating Nanoweave up close - which 313 damage provides. BRs fire high energy, full-sized rifle cartridges, like most sniper rifles use. It's one of their defining characteristics that separates them from lower-powered assault rifles and carbines.

Defeating Nanoweave up close would definitely give them more of that high-powered feel. It'd also give BRs a unique hook that'd make them a little bit more appealing to use.

Not quite on par. SA Scouts can 2-headshot kill at any range. Battle Rifles, if they did 334 max damage, would only 2-headshot kill out to ~62m since their min damage is a lot lower (225 vs 280).

Plus Infils have the cloak which is by far the most synergistic ability with med/long range weapons of this type.

But yeah, the bloom on SA Scouts needs to be lowered too IMO.
    • Up x 1
  2. Azawarau

Id agree if it werent for the short max damage range for that 334

At a distance the scout should be able to stand on its own by comparison
  3. chuck105

Battle Rifles are semi auto, not full auto, and fire more slowly. Thus cone of fire bloom is less of an issue. Besides, at the range this matters, you don't spam your shots, you let the weapon reset after each to maintain accuracy. In short, your comparison is invalid.
  4. nehylen

CoF quickly becomes an issue, at ranges which aren't so far off (~20m), even with 1x sights. Anything higher than 1x and you're going to feel it even more. Not as bad as a slug shotgun of course, but very clearly feelable.

Probably not what i would alleviate first however : I'd like higher RoF -366rpm-, lower bias, and higher recoil decrease .
  5. DeatnKnight

Battlerifles are not supposed to be as effective up close, and the high damage warrants high recoil. Working as intended is the result.
  6. Azawarau

I think the point was missed here

They arent effective close up but arent really effective at a distance either

Close up you cant land a shot

Medium ranges you stand on even ground with auto users

Long distance you have recoil killing potential ttk on top of lower damage because of how far you are

Youre mostly food for snipers as well though you can beat them if they arent a good shot
  7. Erendil

The theory is good, but the implementation is still bad.

Despite the recent well-intended-but-misguided buffs they received in January. Battle Rifles are still just about the worst performing primary AI weapons in the game by almost every single metric we have available to us.

BRs have 3 glaring flaws that are well-known to players who've had significant experience with them, but which the Devs have still hardly touched:
    1. low DPS - 1387, one of the lowest of all primary AI weapons in the game (only the Lasher is lower)
    2. high COF/bloom, leading to inaccuracy on the move and during followup shots at high ROF
    3. high recoil bias, further decreasing the accuracy of followup shots due to their semi- auto nature
    They need to fix at least 2 of the 3 before Battle rifles will become competitive options.
    • Up x 1