Does PS2 needs True Proximity Chat?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GNN Auraxis, Apr 5, 2016.

1. GNN Auraxis

2. thebigbortishbort

It would definitely be entertaining , but i could probably only see it as a way of shouting profanity and spam music at your enemies instead of your teammates , it happens anyway but i've wanted to shout at nc scum for a long while , 10/10 would support?
  3. FateJH

No. You might like it, but it doesn't need it. It's not really going to benefit from it, either. You can already do most of the important things you've itemized with normal Proximity Chat save for the cross-faction communication, and nothing worth doing is going to come from that. Especially not the worthless trash talking.
    *hovers over hyperlink*
    The tinyurl is longer than the hyperlink it's masking. And even that link is a redirection.
  4. Tycoh

But my feels... I can't have my feels hurt from people over the internet. Even though i can mute them or turn down their volume with just 3 button clicks but, you know, my feels are more important.
    • Up x 1
  5. kushmir

LOL at Tycoh, that Arma video was wild. Count me as a guy who'd love to see Prox Chat.
  6. Septus

Imagine a infiltrator, "im gonna get you" "not over there" "Im watching you" "you about to die!" "Its stabby time!" "Im behind you!" *turns around* gets stabbed in the back

I actually like the idea. i am sure there would be lots of spam and annoying crap so seperate it from regular prox chat so you can mute it, same button so anytime you prox chat enemies can hear, but you can mute just enemies.
  7. Obscura

Know what would fix proximity chat? The ability to be able to turn it on as squad/platoon only proximity chat. It's annoying to have to mute every loud annoying music spammer. Maybe they could tweak the voice ranges, but seriously thats it. That is all they have to do and its a usable thing again, and also fixes the issue of platoon voice chat being overwhelmed by call outs and such, and can be used only for what proxy chat cant.
    • Up x 1
  8. ChUnKiFieR

My proximity doesn't even work. I have to notice somebody speaking on my screen and then turn them up with numpad+ if I want to hear them. Just me?
  9. The Rogue Wolf

This post is obviously sponsored by keyboard manufacturers. They want people slapping their KP-Enter keys so fast and hard to mute every last loudmouth that they'll have to buy new keyboards.
  10. zaspacer

While I think it would be neat, I can't see many of the Outfit/Squad players wanting to do it: they love to just blah, blah, blah constantly and PS2 seems more of a social hour thing for them (I often leave Squads because I can't hear environment noise properly over the chatter).
  11. stalkish

I feel i would suffer tactically with this change.
    There have been times while cloaking that ive communicated with another infil while the enemy is around, id like to continue doing this without having to invite to squad and hope they arn't in one already, or type.

Perhaps have a new channel, corss faction proxy. That way i can turn it off since it will never be of any tactical use, and i can turn it on if i want some banter with the enemy.

You confuse not liking with being hurt.
    Sure we would enjoy a bit of banter back and fourth, its what we're used to.
    But many people prefer not to hear all that stuff simply because they dont like it, not because it hurts their feelings.

I often hear kids passing my house screaming profanity at each other, hearing little kids of that age scream swears and abuse isnt pleasant. I not going to loose sleep over it, it doesnt upset me, and im not even sure why but theres something about it i just dont like (pre-teens). It feels the same as when i dont like a piece of art, or i dislike a film or music peice, its just a preference.
    • Up x 1
  12. user101

TinyURL is the hacker and scamer site... it SOOOOOO bad and I mean this site is realy bad. I have it blocked on my router. That it can't even hit the PC in any fashion. Bank hackers use this site to hack your PC bank account.

Why would you use this site in any fashion. ?????????

No one should ever go to tinyurl.com for any reason ( BLOCK tinyurl.com ) at your routers end. Never go to that site for any reason.
  13. FateJH

The forum filter censors the hyperlink of where he's trying to go (Blogspot).
    Admittedly, he's indirectly linking through a t.co (Twitter) redirect so it's just layers of silliness.
  14. Armcross

You can Increase volume of proxy chat in social tab

I would love this. This would enhance my role playing.
  15. user101

Yes layers of java script taking you bank information from your PC.... as you go from layer to layer.
  16. kushmir

This really needs to get added, like yesterday. I was in a Valkyrie today and I couldn't tell the pilot that I ran out of ammo on the main gun--I also couldnt tell him that I could repair him while he was flying. There's just too many times you're cut off from people because communication isn't quick and easy.

Prox would solve so many of those problems. It's a quality of life addition IMO.
  17. FateJH

PS4, I take it? (Otherwise, you got a button to make those calls. And you have a specific callout for needing ammo.)
  18. GNN Auraxis

yes this is a suggestion for the PS4 version which does not have that button, or a callout for ammo. still curious as to why the PS4 forum was closed, these are still two distinct games & communities.
  19. Badname707

Nope. It would only be abused and would end up making the current proxy chat system only less useful.