Reasonable changes to AA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname707, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Haquim

I go off the forums for a week and the first thing I see is a thread about AA=up/A2G=op and another one apparently trying to bring it down do reasonable levels. Wow.

Did Scrin and Reclaimer go on a spree again?

An ESF - if it flies very low and has cover by terrain and can only be shot at the moment it actually tries to shoot its intended target, which often is not possible to begin with - has only about two seconds to attack something before any burster or skyguard forces it to turn tail or risk exploding.
    If anybody still got a problem with that, seriously, they need to learn how to play.

Or maybe buff AA for them - if the ESF get the same buff, so it can still reasonably operate. Libs too of course. Valks and Gals are transports, they should be largely unaffected.
    But I promise, when G2A and A2G (excluding "free" equipment of course, meaning lockons) both deal double damage or something similar, the ones flooding the forums with a new stream of tears for sure won't be the pilots.
    Because those guys usually know what they're doing and will simply adapt.

Actually I think if we could convince somebody from DBG to change the values around for a week it would be great, maybe we could finally lay this to rest.

We had this discussion so often its not even funny anymore.
  2. Badname707

It's a pipedream, but I'm hoping that some of the people who see this will take something away from it, so we can deal with these things quicker when they pop up.
  3. Cyropaedia

It's an insane asylum.

[IMG]
  4. Reclaimer77

How you can sit here and pretend you're above it all is a riot.
    • Up x 1
  5. Runegrace

If flak bursted on ground vehicles, they would be the ultimate Sunderer farmers. Remember how easily infantry in Valks died to it?

I'd like to see Flak have the CoF tightened up. More damage if you have good aim, but harder to hit at longer ranges. It would also make it a bit more viable at hitting infantry when air wasn't around.

Or frontload the damage. Give it a higher RoF but shorter clip so you basically have ~2 second bursts that you need to aim. Might help promote people waiting for distance and making shots count rather than holding down the trigger the moment an aircraft renders on their screen.