Shotgun logic?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Heavybeam, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Heavybeam

So i bought the jackhammer and its awesome :D
    But i do need to ask: I has lower rate of fire and damage compared to the SAW (my second main weapon) and still does more damage on close range? So what are the shotgunns physics? Do they deal double damage to infantry or how does it work?
    -Radicator
  2. Spoprockl

The damage you see in its stats is only for one pellet.

You got to multiply that with the number of pellets per shot to get the total damage.
  3. Hegeteus

You're confused over the stat numbers? You need to multiply shotgun's damage with the number of pellets(damage is shown per pellet) and I don' think Jack's burst fire mode is accounted for in the firerate anyway. Just remember to switch over to the Jackhammer's burst mode by pressing whatever is your switch fire mode button
  4. Heavybeam

ok, thx for the answers. Now that i think about it it does make sense, i does shoot multiple pelets at once. Thx for clarifying :)
    Also, i realise whenever i get killed by a enemy that ive shot at, their shield is full but they are low on health. Is that coinsidence or does the shotgun ignore shields?
  5. Crayv

As far as I'm aware nothing ignores shields.