[Suggestion] Tiny feature for Sunderer...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by _Kettenblatt_, Mar 30, 2016.

1. _Kettenblatt_

I use the Cloak-Sunderer a lot, but sometimes I would a personal spawn option only for platoon or just for me.
    If I try to infiltrate a base to lay mines, hack or what ever... I don't must wait a long time and other soldiers spawn at my Sunderer which haven't a clue to react nearby a cloaked Sunderer. They stay now to close at the vehicle and shot with their rifles to Galaxy/Liberator or run out of the cloak-bubble to the opponent even they can't win - mostly its better to do nothing for a short moment!
    It's only frustrating if you hear gunshots... and BOOM! in the direction of your Sunderer after a few minutes of deployment.

That's why I think it's good to have an alternative in the vehicle menu to use the Sunderer as Spawn-Location for Platoon or a single soldier too.
    Maybe it should be only available for players who have absolved the directives "Expert"- or "Master"-Level of Sunderer to stop lone wolfs on the whole map.

What do you think about it?
  2. Respawn

Agreed that in some scenarios it would be nice to have the deployed sundie as a private spawn point.
    Until then, spawn beacons are closest you can get to that.
  3. Liewec123

i have a love/hate with this "outfit only" mentality,
    sometimes you can see the benefits, like locking the guns on a cloak sundy is a good idea,
    but othertimes it can really screw your team, i've seen 5/12 locked sundies transporting 5 members of an outfit to the next base for example, driving past everyone else while we all spam "need a ride!".

if you gave them an option to disable public spawning, then i imagine a lot of greedy self absorbed outfits would have their own personal sundies and the rest of us are really limited.
  4. XanIves

This. This says it. The problem isn't newer players not knowing any better, the real problem is that veterans would rather not interact with newbies instead of say, educating them? If everyone who ran a cloaked sunderer occasionally said "hey, try to keep this sunderer discrete, that means no firing while near it, and please don't fire the guns" then the problem would disappear overnight.
    • Up x 1
  5. Azawarau

Im against it

As frustrating as it can be at times this is a world wide team based game and should be played as much as possible in that way
  6. Steza

There is a platoon option already implemented into the game for sundies. Platoons already have the ability to spawn in squad moving sundies as long as there's a driver. When the sundie is deployed the whole platoon can spawn on it. Why not take a cloaked flash if you want to go across to another base and hack stuff?
  7. Bassmeant1

just give the sundie halberds
  8. Armcross

Remind them in /re chat, works for me. Atleast in server(Connory) and faction(TR) that I play.
  9. The Rogue Wolf

To be fair, this is kind of hard to do when you're getting thirty people spawning on your Sunderer per minute.
  10. PatateMystere

Cause being invisible is for couards ! Get ballz and run into battle soldier !
  11. Demigan

I think it would be better to introduce different options for personal spawns. Rather than having deployed Sunderers with a no-deploy zone only accessible to a single player I would like all vehicles to be equippable with a personal spawn module. That way you could deploy any vehicle, from a Flash to an MBT, and use it to personally spawn on top of it without anyone else being able to. As an addition, any vehicle with that kind of module can have any squadmate spawn at the vehicle as well if you open that option.

That's already a much better system. It avoids the no-deploy zone's from Sunderers (but not bases) and doesn't create any no-deploy zone's either. You can use the humble Flash or other vehicle as a easy to hide spawn vehicle, giving the Flash more use than stealthily mowing people down.

More options could include giving the Medic access to a spawn tube in the utility slot. Costs 200 resources (could be less) but can be placed anywhere. These tubes would be perfect to push the front forwards, allows defenders to circumvent spawncamping by placing a spawner somewhere else in the base (attackers have almost guaranteed vehicle superiority so bringing a defender-Sunderer is suicide) and it opens up for a deeper meta where scouting, stealth and agility are more important. Considering 95% of the game currently relies on firepower and health because almost every part of the battle consists out of a king-of-the-hill gameplay this would be a massive leap forwards in versatility and the importance of using more classes than Heavy and MAX.
  12. TOXIC_MACHAMP

how about we be able to shoot wile invisible sound good :)