GlobeMaster is coming out of Retirement

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GlobeMaster, Mar 28, 2016.

1. GlobeMaster

You were not seeing a ghost the other day. I was on planetside playing/flying a Lib.

Let me first address a number of questions I received while playing last week.
    (1) Is it true that you are coming out of retirement?
    Yes, I have time to play planetside now.

(2) Are you a real pilot?
    Yes, currently a civilian private pilot planning on going for my other flying licenses. I'm an aviation fanatic in real life as well as gaming. :)

(3) Why did you retire from planetside.
    Work/School/Aviation took up most of my time.

(4) When will you be playing?
    In about a week or two

For those of you that are not sure what I am talking about, please check out the following link.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...masters-retirement.212093/page-2#post-3078684

Also, when I was on the other day I noticed a lack a competition in the air. I’m calling on all pilots; let’s get some skilled air battles going again on Emerald!

Big thanks to everyone, like Oberchingus, who kept me up-to-date on the latest planetside patches over the past year.

Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Be Stealthy! It is the way of the liberator!

I’ll see you all in the air!
    • Up x 4
  2. Gundem

*gets popcorn*
    • Up x 1
  3. Jaronallus

*puts on flight visor*
  4. TheRealNattyIcePS4

*faps to 1337 skillz*
    • Up x 1
  5. oberchingus

Welcome back Globe. It's nice to actually have pilots who'll fight you instead of sitting at render plinking at you so they can protect their stats. I always enjoy our duels. Even though you win most of them. :)
  6. Ryme_Intrinseca

The fact that you're called globemaster and flying a lib while talking about the lack of a2a competition really does show how broken the airgame in PS2 is.

Just try dogfighting in an AC-130 or (lol) C-17. It's rock-paper-scissors rather than big stuff>all. When real life is more balanced than your video game you know you have problems kek
    • Up x 1
  7. Runegrace

Harasser ready
    The Lib that we never killed
    My white whale returns
    • Up x 1
  8. thed1rt

Air is too expenisve. Will skip. Dont wanna die twice then have to wait at the warpgate. BORING.
  9. Scifi

Who?!?! and who gives a toss!
    • Up x 2
  10. AxiomInsanity87

I don't know how long you've been gone but libs finally got an actual engine sound rather than that ridiculously quiet "swooshing" noise.

You can take out the "stealthy" bit from your mantra now lol.
    • Up x 1
  11. oberchingus

He wasn't gone that long. And his ninja skills remain intact. TR/VS remains oblivious as always.
  12. Reclaimer77

LOL I'm trying to picture an AC-130 with the armor of a battleship and the speed of an F-22...but I just can't.

That's basically what the Liberator in PS2 is though.
    • Up x 1
  13. Stigma

You forgot the GAU-8 in the front ...

-Stigma
    • Up x 1
  14. TheRealNattyIcePS4

No that shows nothing other than that you are no better than illuminati confirmed conspiracy theorists.
  15. GlobeMaster

LOL! Good one!
  16. oberchingus

Not much of a response Globe. I think Emerald TR and VS gleefully welcome any Enemas you can offer!
  17. Taemien

Didn't realize my Lancer was as quick as a F22 :p
  18. GlobeMaster

Haha well, Ryme_Intrinseca seems to be joking/trolling but if he is not and still wants a more realistic flight model he should go play Falcon 4.0 or DCS: A-10C Warthog. Better yet become a real pilot. It’s in Ultra High Definition, the most accurate flight models, and there is NO respawn if you make an error! True Realism! :)

Planetside2 is a fantasy game in space.....not exactly like the real world. If Ryme_Intrinseca really think the air game needs to be balanced then I think there are better arguments for it than “real life is more balance than your video game”.
  19. oberchingus

Yeah, but a Cessna 150 or 172; Piper Cherokee or Katana don't offer the same freedoms as ESFs do. Mind you, I once got the good fortune of playing with a Dash 8 Sim from FSI up at the Bombardier factory in Ontario. They gave me 20 minutes of time, so I flew 2 circuits and crashed it! The CFI who loaned me the time said I'd never get to fly planes if I did that. I told him, I won't be flying planes any time soon, and it's not every day a 16 yr old gets to play in a real sim. Good times.

Globe do you fly choppers too?

I had chopper phase after BF2. I did a few tailored intro flights where I negotiated with the instructor to let me hover for the entire time. It's a very wicked and expensive hobby. But I'm over it. I think.
  20. Mianera

Right... fine, I'll be the one to ask it then.

Who the hell are you?
    Why should I or anyone care?
    Why do you think yourself important enough to make this announcement?

I mean.... seriously, do you think yourself the most important and skilled PS2 player to post crap like this?