[Suggestion] If 2 C4 instagibs tanks, this should not happen.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnGalt36, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Armcross

Rumble seat mechanic to pilots, that would stop sundie for becoming a tank. I remember back when you can see interiors of the vehicle from the outside true windshield.

And that galaxy seems have a nosegun.
    • Up x 1
  2. Reclaimer77

There really isn't much of a valid argument for why it shouldn't in all honesty.
  3. Moridin6

lets make the damage placement specific..

2 c4 on the main hull of a lib= intagib? no
    but two on a single wing joint or engine? youre going down right?. . i mean that makes sense to us all right?

so if they wont give us positional damage like that, and i could see why not(net resources), then it makes sense that 2 c4 anywhere on a lib pops it
  4. Azawarau

There is a valid argument why it shouldnt but there isnt one for why it should do so little damage to them

I feel like it should damage them heavily but not quite kill

Im not against a 2 c 4 kill but am on the side of almost kill is better for liberators
  5. Reclaimer77

I'm all for the suspension of reality when balance calls for it. However in this case, I kind of fail to see the issue if 2 bricks of C-4 exploded Liberators like it does with MBT's. I mean it's not like this is someone you'll be able to reliably do anyway. Once in a great while a Light Assault player might get lucky, but that's about it.

The Liberator has benefited from some truly baffling balance decisions. It's immune to C-4 for all intents and purposes, it's been made highly resistance to tank shells for whatever reason, and it CANNOT be brought down by any single AA unit aside from other air.

Is there some reason it needs to be so goddamn tough??
    • Up x 1
  6. Azawarau

Im with you on that but dont want to push too far to one side with these things either
  7. Reclaimer77

Me neither. But making C-4 gib Liberators won't destroy playstyles. It's a very rare occurrence when someone can pull it off, and honestly they should be rewarded.

It's an aircraft after all. If infantry are seriously able to reach you with explosives...well..you dun messed up.
    • Up x 1
  8. TOXIC_MACHAMP

Well c4 doesn't fly so it's all good but wait LA can whaaaaat oh what they can only fly a little :(. What they can't fly like iron man. WHAAT THEY CANT AIM WHILE IN THE AIR la almost sucks almost
  9. Reclaimer77

True, Drifters let you stay in the air a really long time. But the max speed you can drift is just a little more than sprint speed. So you would have to drop over a Liberator and hope to HELL he keeps hovering for this to even work.
  10. FieldMarshall

Honestly, if someone manages to get 2 C4 on an aircraft it should blow up.
    • Up x 1
  11. Runegrace

As someone who flies more than most, I agree. Given how irregular the opportunity is, you can't even really call it a nerf so much as highlight clip material.
    • Up x 2
  12. Jake the Dog

Wouldn't that depend on your initial speed?
  13. Jake the Dog

^ This, all of this, needs to be a thing, also a redesign of the lib... all EXTREMELY biased opinions about the lib aside having the belly gun clip through the ground constantly kinda breaks immersion for me anyways, just kinda reminds me that "hey there's not actually dirt down there its all just a paper thin sheet to nothingness."
    • Up x 2
  14. Reclaimer77

Would still be very hard to pull off. I mean statistically speaking here, it wouldn't even make a blip in Liberator death causes.
    • Up x 1
  15. SourceDecay

I tested in VR, two C4 kills a vanilla lib, if I pull a lib and C4 it, two c4 plus two crossbow exploding bolts kills it.

Regardless, I agree that if you're crafty enough to get TWO C4 on a Liberator, that thing should not survive.
    • Up x 1
  16. SourceDecay

It is definitely possible to get some serious speed with drifters using jump pads, but it is very difficult to use that speed to track and attack aircraft. You basically have to be very lucky and hope that one happens upon your path.

Additionally, when drifting, it's almost impossible to get a C4 on a moving aircraft. JohnGalt actually once did this to BakaRaymoo's Valkarie, but that's the extreme exception, not the norm.
    • Up x 1
  17. Jake the Dog

I was pretty sure there were other ways people were using to catapult themselves, I think I've seen people use things like harassers and flashes.
  18. SourceDecay

You can do this too, but it's way less consistent. Jumpads have superior height, speed, and consistency.
  19. Jake the Dog

Apparently theres a bug out there rn where you can have infinite boost...

Friend of mine had a flying flash...
    • Up x 1
  20. JohnGalt36

I hold a grudge. :)

• Up x 2