Nerf the TX1 Repeater

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diggsano, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Diggsano

The Repeater has the highest DPS of all Pistols!
    According to these Stats:

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/TX1_Repeater

The Repeater has a Firerate of 845 RPM.
    The Repeater has also 112dmg before 8m and 77dmg after 50m.
    DPS=(Firerate x Dmg) / 60

(845 x 112) / 60= 1577.33

That means it has higher DPS than:
    NS-11C Carbine (1489)
    NS-11M LMG (1489)
    NS-11A Assault Rifle (1553)

All Sidearms: (The Most interesting listened)
    Emissary:1173
    Commissioner:1275
    Underboss: 1381
    Beamer: 1255

AND THAT FOR FREE

A SIDEARM shouln'd be able to compete PRIMARY Weapons.....or even overperform them!

It simply means you can win 1v1 versus a Medic with a NS-11A and win....with a Sidearm....

Nerf it by the Damage, firerate or Mag Size
  2. Spoprockl

Yes, because effective range, accuracy and cof/bloom can all be thrown out the window when it comes to comparing weapons.

Only DPS at point blank range is what makes weapons OP. Well done.
    • Up x 11
  3. TOXIC_MACHAMP

Umm mm have u used it the accuracy is just wow so Arnold like just everywhere just buy the emmissaru its awesome

Edit:and look at the NC shotgun pistol stats
  4. breeje

what are you talking about? really the repeater
    the only pistol i get killed by is the commy all the other pistols just scratch me unless i stand face to face with them
    if you get killed by the repeater it's your own fold for letting them get close to you
    nerf every pistol they are too good in CQC, in my opinion every pistol can be buffed to outperform any weapon in the first 8 meters
    like smg's and shotguns should outperform any weapon in the first 20 meters
    only after 20 meters should the other weapons be outperforming on the rest
  5. Taemien

DPS only matters on vehicular weapons.

TTK is the stat you're looking for. (((1000 / DMG) - 1) / RPM) * 60

However TTK doesn't tell the whole story either. For example the Trac 5 has .48s TTK and the AMC has .55s TTK. AMC is more accurate at range. So to see if a weapon is balanced, there's a few stats you can look at. Kill Per Unique (KPU), and Kills per Hour (KPH), and so forth.

The NS weapons you listed have 2x, 3x, and up to 10x the KPU, and KPH.

Meaning the Repeater isn't performing how you are describing.

Stats alone in a vacuum aren't actually great on their own. Feel free to make a TR and gun down some Medics like you say you can with a Repeater. Make a video of it and upload for us to see.

Especially considering the Repeater's TTK is 1.0s after 50m (assuming you can land all shots with 3x burst per shot with those ironsights), vs the NS-11A's TTK of about 0.64s at the same range.
  6. Liewec123

i agree that repeater is the best faction specific sidearm, but lets not start swinging the nerfhammer at everything.
    this game is balanced asymmetrically, so swing the nerf hammer at one faction and they might swing it back.
    oh you nerfed our repeater? well your max deals X dps NERF!
    your launcher has X velocity and 0 drop? NERF!
    • Up x 1
  7. Crayv

I view the Repeater as one of the most overrated weapons in the game.
    • Up x 2
  8. ObiVanuKenobi

Not even there, Banshee has the highest DPS out of AI noseguns but it's by far the worst.
    • Up x 1
  9. ObiVanuKenobi

I like how you compare it to weapons that have low DPS and high accuracy as their main trait when Repeater is a high DPS low accuracy weapon. And then you completely ignore accuracy. Try comparing it to SMGs because they are more similar to Repeater.
    Repeater has higher DPS only within 8 meters and only if you hit all your shots with that terrible accuracy.
    DPS isn't the only stat that matters.
    Comissioner and Underboss are much better than Repeater, ask any good player.
  10. AxiomInsanity87

1/10
    • Up x 2
  11. thingymajigy

A pistol happens to have the highest DPS of all pistols...genius.

Guns have different accuracy in this game. You can see it in the lower part of the stats. The repeater has one of the lowest accuracies in the game. The high rate of fire also means it becomes even more inaccurate very quickly. As you can see, there is also a damage dropoff. It's also a burst weapon. So those primary weapons would win most of time, even though they were designed for ranged work.
  12. Mefi

Repeater is overrated, it's a good pistol but its CoF bloom is so bad that at max DPS it has effective range of a shotgun.
  13. Moridin6

when i pull out my es pistol and tap tap tap tap tap and some infil on tr pulls out there WRRAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP im dead

it Does make me want one :/

the emissary comes close But
  14. Ryme_Intrinseca

I don't like the repeater at all. It's useless as a 'main weapon replacement' - beyond very short range it cannot compete with the commie, for instance. And 3-shot burst is a bad choice for emergency back up IMO. Usually in CQC you and the enemy are strafing like lunatics, making it hard to consistently land bursts. A more sprayable weapon like the AMP works better there IMO. I guess its niche is for a stalker dishing out backshots on unsuspecting enemies, as that's the one situation where you can really access the theoretical DPS.
  15. DeadlyOmen

This.

You guys get so wrapped up in nerfing the last weapon to kill you. Because there are no immutable physical laws and an infinite number of possible scenarios, unintended consequences arise...putting all of you in a never-ending cycle of nerf and counter-nerf.
    • Up x 2
  16. AxiomInsanity87

Please do not give up spreading the reality of nerfing and buffing.
  17. Cyrax Servius

Just bought the commish and absolutely love it on all my classes. I have greatly changed my playstyle and now value a good sidearm.
    • Up x 1
  18. GhostAvatar

This thread sounds like someone picked the easy faction and still sucks at the game, lolz.
  19. Azawarau

Thats an awful way to look at it. Revenge nerf complaining is dumb and shouldnt be used as a defense nerfing

That said

The repeater hurts like hell...Face first

Its single fire mod is awful because the damage per bullet is crazy low and its accuracy is well.... yeah...

Its powerful but far from too powerful
  20. Alchemist44

Wow. Havent touched the game in some time, decided to check back to see whats new (on the forum, updates and such). I see some things never change :)