[Suggestion] "Death Cam" suppressor

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by XyNox, Mar 26, 2016.

1. XyNox

I know this game is trying to appeal to as many players as possible, including "casuals". Yet, I really think equipping a suppressor to your gun should eliminate the red cone a killed player can see on his death screen.

I would like to think this is something that you would quite naturally expect from using a suppressor in a game and I guess it has been suggested some times as well. I can only imagine it is not in the game yet to prevent people - especially casual players - from ragequitting after 2 seconds when they cannot manage to figure out where they got killed from.

I would understand that if the penalties for equipping suppressors wouldnt be ludicrously high. The decrease in bullet velocity and drop is enormous though and I think it justifies getting rid of the red cone. Have you seen somebody doing long range sniping for example with a suppressor on ? I cant remember.
    • Up x 1
  2. Trudriban

Wait, suppressors don't remove the red cone? What the hell am I doing advocating their use then!?

For the sake of Devil's advocat though, I put a suppressor and a 6x on my Longshot whenever I have access to a nice hidey hole to great effect, so effective I actually overcompensate bullet drop
  3. omegaskorpion

Yeah, being able to detect the place where supressor user shot you kinda kills the whole purpose of supressors.

Well i guess we have to sit back and wait year before we get that changed.
  4. LaSouris

Is the red cone really that bad for anyone though? ? If I get sniped, I tend to not need the cone to figure out where I am being sniped from, I just use logic from where I was shot to figure it out. That's if they are sniping of course, if they are being sneaky up close, they probably are being really mobile so the cone won't help.

To be fair, if you're constantly sniping from the same spot anyway, you are asking to be killed. Suppressors aren't really used by snipers simply because they don't need them. I'd take a red cone over a kill cam any day
  5. XyNox

My point exactly, you could easily figure it out by using your brain. With the red cone though, I take a look at the death screen, spawn as an infi and within 20 second I countersnipe the guy, no matter how hard he tried to find a concealed position.
  6. Mianera

Actually, this does make sense. +1

Remove the death cam red cone when killed with suppressor