The Flash

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Katten_BoB, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Katten_BoB

So I've been using the Flash a wee bit lately, and I'm a bit emberassed to ask this...

Do the Flash dissapear from the enemies mini-map once you cloak it?
    Without the Stealth upgrade that is.

And no, I don't know anyone in this game, so I can't exactly try it out :}

I'm on PS4 if that matters
  2. Spoprockl

Yes, it disappears. You can get rid of spots and lockon rockets that way.
    • Up x 1
  3. Katten_BoB

Cheers mate!
    Then I'll dump the Stealth upgrade and try out the Mineguard for a while :}
  4. Spoprockl

From my experience mine guard doesn't help much, because you'll take too much damage anyways to keep going for much longer.

Maxed Vehicle Stealth on the other hand keeps you off the minimap as long as you don't shoot, so you'll have an easier time managing your cloak energy by hiding behind rocks and cover without being detected.

40 seconds of cloak aren't much if there's enemies around who are aware of your presence. And if you get blown up by the occasional mine you can easily pull another one of the cheapest vehicles in game.

Just my 2 cents.
  5. Crayv

I laugh when I run over a mine on my Flash. I know they are in bunches of two, so I know it costed more resources in mines than the cost of the Flash.
  6. thed1rt

Dont listen to this guy. He's just ************ or making stuff up or something. I can eat 3 mines on my flash with it only at mingeguard 3.
  7. Liewec123

i like to run auto repair, it's probably not optimal, but when your flash get hit with some bullets and starts smoking its a dead give away to your position, having the flash stop smoking helps alot for those prolonged wraith sprees :D

if i was giving up auto repair though i'd probably switch to mineguard,
    stealth on wraith flash just doesn't seem inviting enough,
    many have suggested that stealth should make the engine quieter, i'd definitely throw my certs at it if it did :D
  8. thed1rt

I use mineguard and then the invisiable cloak.

Good luck trying to get your roadkill directive without mineguard! It feels good to be able to romp right on the sundy spawn with mineguard. Maybe even make their own friendly mines kill them.
  9. Katten_BoB

This is why I thought about Mineguard, when cheesing around with Sundy spawns.

I haven't realy had the time to try out Mineguard yet... But I've been running with NAR for most of the evening, and it works out quite well with my poor use of the Fury (i.e hitting myself alot)
    (and I've always been twitching when I'm not at full HP in games lol)
  10. Spoprockl

I don't make stuff up, but i admit that i haven't used mineguard for a long time on my flash.

Do you, the driver, survive running over a nest of two or more mines?
    Because more often than not i get blown clean off while my flash merrily drives on, taking surprisingly little damage even without mineguard. That happens with maxed flak armor, mind you.
  11. KuroNoKitsune

Yeah, in my experience mineguard will protect you from single placed mines, however if there's two placed near each other the one furthest away gets detonated by the one you run over which is often far enough so that the blast will hit you the driver instead of the underside of the flash.
  12. thed1rt

I run over them 3 at a time on playstation and im just fine. It works great.
  13. Anjotef

Mineguard and Flak armor seems to work additiv and not multiplikativ, meaning I take no dmg from mines in a mineguard 5 flash with my flak armor 3 infiltrator. Driving over mines at full speed basically leave the flash and driver undamaged.

Overall I think NAR isn't worth it, the fights were a wraith flash is the most useful are open field fights with armor present, so there are enough chances to go back and repair, while reloading the cloak . Or you can just redeploy and pull a new flash with a full cloak. While mines without mineguard can end your adventures pretty quickly.
  14. Taemien

Did they change it for Flash Mineguard where the driver dies from the blast? It used to be rather silly.. hit a mine die... but the flash survives...
  15. Crayv

Oh and as an avid user of the Anti-Tank Vehicle, I run stealth in hopes of not being detected while letting the stealth recharge.
  16. Anjotef

Yes, they did change it. Mineguard has the same amount of dmg reduction for the driver and stacks with flak armor. Makes for a great minesweeper.
  17. Crayv

I may have to try that; run people over near a sundy, eventually they will put mines next to the sundy to kill me the next time I try it, and the next time I drive through I kill the sundy (I have had that happen before).
  18. thed1rt

It feels pretty awesome to drive through enemy garage without worrying about anything, feeling like a mine-god.

While the enemy prowler without mineguard blows up with 2.

It turns the flash into an explosion eating pac-man
  19. Katten_BoB

The Mineguard is sweet, I tried it out more yesterday and ran over two mines at the same time...
    Zero damage to the Flash and zero damage to me (maybe the shield?), I giggled a wee bit
    Maxed Mineguard and the next last step in Flak. Maybe it was just pure luck, i dunno :)

I ran Surger power chassi, while running up the main road to the Crown (they laid just atop the peak). So I didn't realy have any highspeed