I snapped.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Taemien

That's what happened, but people like you throw temper tantrums and TK.
    • Up x 1
  2. Foxirus

He most likely had the Walker on only for air units that were trying to attack him. You jumping in his tank and firing at ESFs that probably didn't even care for him at the time was only making him a bigger target.

I do the same thing, When I have my Walker on, Don't jump in my tank and start firing at random ESFs, That walker is only to be used if an ESF is actively targeting the tank.
  3. Endlave

I meant from the start, genius.
  4. CovertYank

I would have been a bit annoyed, but TKing him? That's just low.

And stupid.
  5. Taemien

How do you know that wasn't the case? Remember, only one side of the story is given. For all we know, the driver may have told the OP to knock it off in proxy.. and the OP either ignored him or didn't hear them.

Besides, the setting isn't persistent and a bit of a pain to deal with. If you don't want to get booted, just gun for your own squad's stuff.
  6. Runegrace

If you don't lock your vehicle every time it's pulled, it's your fault if it gets TK'd? You're a terrible person. There's basically never justification for a TK.

Random gunners are certainly worse than outfit mates, if nothing else because of communication. Based on OP's story, do you think the two of them even exchanged words? Doubtful. You can't work together, communicate intent, pubs are often bad shots or cowards, bailing when you take damage to avoid dying. Even if a pub is skilled, they are still a liability because you simply don't know what they're going to do. If you want to work with people, squad up. You can talk, keep track of where helpful people are, etc.
  7. blackboemmel

The guy with that Prowler had a good plan. I'll tell you his thoughts and maybe you'll consider to send him a sorry and a friend request:

"Oh, so many NC-Air is up! I'm gonna help the TR and pull a stealth Prowler with AP cannon (and a Walker, will help a lot if i get spotted by enemy air). Yeah, nice plan - most effective AA a solo-player can do!"

After he killed 2 Reavers with his AP cannon and managed to survive a Liberator attack (because he had the Walker) he repaired his Prowler at a safe spot. A friendly engineer comes out of nowhere and helps repairing. Then that "smart random" jumps into the Walker and immediately starts shooting at a passing Reaver that had no idea the STEALTH-Prowler was around.

"OMG! 3 Libs and 10 Reavers around and this newbie shoots a Reaver he can't even kill - that will kill us! Must kick this guy, obviously he isn't experienced enough for this situation. I hope he ain't that "ME? YOU kicked ME from YOUR vehicle?"-kind of player that will start to insult me because of this...."

BOOOM!

"Oh no, really? I needed freaking 15 minutes to get here with my Prowler! Where is my dog? Must kick something now..."

(Dog howls: "Thank you, random engineer!")
    • Up x 3
  8. AxiomInsanity87

I guess the waste need some form of offing themselves.

I guess it is a good thing. I became sexually active at 13 and have never caught nothing myself.

That gonorrhoea had to adapt so i think it is a case of filthy reprobates.
  9. The Rogue Wolf

Now let me tell you something. You are not entitled to a spot in someone else's vehicle, no matter how far you ran to get into it. It is their vehicle; they spent the nanites to get it, so who gets in and when is entirely up to them. Saying that they deserve anything bad that happens to them because of some disgruntled chucklehead due to a simple oversight of forgetting to lock the vehicle is reprehensible.

And this is coming from someone who never joins squads and doesn't pull any multicrew vehicles (except for Sunderers intended for use as a spawnpoint).
    • Up x 1
  10. Endlave

I am so happy I never have to play with any of you. Sometimes it does not make me wonder why I hate people so much.
  11. Savadrin

Your sense of entitlement is the problem here, not those who don't want their own playstyle infringed. But you'll never step back and see what kind of a spoiled brat you're acting like right now.
    • Up x 1
  12. Okjoek

I'd honestly like to see this thread closed now. I got my point across. I made a bad decision in game because my war mode was activated or it was a full moon or something, but that's okay because all humans make mistakes. I'm sorry. Am I a bad person? IMO, No. There are bad people who when they get mad hurt or kill real people in the real world. That's why I play these games so humanity can have an extra way to vent their emotions that usually have too negative of consequences when acted upon in the real world. I killed the wrong pixels, he raged me out over said pixels, in the end nobody is hurt and the game has done one of its jobs. And I'd like to think both of us are still playing. I like that suggestion for a little marker next to vehicles that are already locked as a more positive outcome for this thread, but otherwise I'd like to see my ill conceived rant thread closed.
  13. Endlave

you can call me whatever you want. I am not the one looking down on other people by generalizing them just for lone wolfing. It's funny how everyone wants people to join squads in order to become a teamplayer, yet the main reason why lone wolfs don't want to join your stupid squads is because the majority of players are pricks.
    People pulling crew vehicles and insisting to play solo are teamplaying, apparently.
    People who are trying to man your damn gun are not just because they are not in your stupid squad.
    I really don't get this kinda logic here. But whatever. I may be getting too old for this. Must be some kinda MLG uber 1337 stuff going on here.
    • Up x 1
  14. zaspacer

Well, I'm not a huge fan of any group offing themselves.

The outbreak/mutation is probably a combination of those actively catching/passing the disease, those in the groups that become aware of it and understand it and share that info with others in those groups, and those who are in positions to affect the awareness and lifestyle of others and the rate and pattern of the spread itself at a macro level.

Oftentimes individuals and/or groups act with closet agendas. Many publicly denounce and lament drunk driving, but there is often negligent systems that fuel it: in the US, bars often have "Last call" pushing drinks on patrons 10 minutes before closing time, and then kick everyone out to the street where many will be compelled to drive home. I think it would be better to mandate a law that any establishment selling alcohol after 12 PM must stay open 1 hour after drinks service ends, and must provide water during that time. (if they don't want to stay open that extra hour, then they can close at 12 PM).
    • Up x 1
  15. Pelojian

If a tanker doesn't like what you are doing expect a kick from the vehicle, walker is just one example they have the walker on to defend against ESFs attacking them. even if you don't have a mic listen to the driver, they may want to do something specific.

if you want to gun in someone's vehicle make sure you understand the weapon by trying it in the VR, nothing annoys a vehicle user more then trying to be stealthy is for a gunner that doesn't have a feel for the weapon firing randomly at terrain calling attention to them with their weapons sounds and getting the vehicle destoryed.

It helps alot as a gunner to get a feel for how vehicles play by using one, experience from fighting in a vehicle with a main weapon as driver and main gunner is useful because you will learn how different vehicle users (allies or enemies) use their vehicles, also remember to learn what attachment models are what.

someone running stealth taking a roundabout way to enemies, that can also see some enemies at range and not firing is obviously sneaking up on someone. holding fire to the right moment is extremely difficult for newbie gunners they see anything and they fire.

vehicles are cert hungry, it may be hard on you starting out but you can bank certs from infantry play to upgrade your vehicle to make it a bit easier.
  16. EViLMinD

If you think some stranger is obligated to parade your uppity nub a$$ around Araxius and will tk them if they don't, you deserve to die.

I troll 'teammates' who ff/tk me after I kick them from my vehicle (usually, a harasser). It vexes me when idiots hop in, have no repair tool and then get ragey because I booted em out. F 'em. I ALWAYS punish for such a betrayal, and I feel marvelous about it.
  17. Pelojian

to be fair the game makes no real attempt to educate players, how is someone who doesn't frequent Reddit/forums supposed to know most drivers want only engineers as gunners? send them a tell if you want them to be an engineer politely and maybe they will swap for you.
    • Up x 1
  18. EViLMinD

These creeps don't care. I verbally tell them sometimes. Makes no differences.

Educated ps2ers or not, ANYONE who intentionally attacks a teammate who has done them no harm, is someone worthy of a boot to the head. Unfortunately, boot kicks can't be sent through the web. So, a tk will have to do.

I try to avoid such people. I'd much rather fight vs or tr. Can't back away from a just fight, though. Pests must die like the rest.
  19. Pelojian

i was talking in general about gunners that don't know what they are doing, not the asshats that try to TK you over getting kicked out.
  20. zaspacer

I wouldn't worry too much over it. Forumside has a habit of running wild with posts, often in strange directions. Take it in some ways as a compliment that people find your post so compelling.

Almost nobodies gonna hold it against you. It's not like you kept on trying to push buttons as you continued to post. And your reactions have been honest. And PS2 is chock full of non-intuitive stuff and people with obscure personal-codes-of-conduct/Hobbesian-social-contacts. Some of those that post later in the thread often are only reading your first post and reacting to it, not a big deal. And most won't remember it after a little while has past.

Apparently many others get a deep fulfillment in joining a gang, being in opposition to other gangs or people, being able to rebel against everyone else, and getting filled somehow with a sense of being empowered and acting oppressive and displaying and feeling prideful. And a lotta people respond to all that with a sense of wanting to be a part of it.

And yes, for people like us, it just seems strange, backwards tribal, and a headache to deal with.

Hard to take things like the Anti-Bullying campaigns seriously when the spokespeople are chock full of the substance of social oppression. And when the automated urge to bully sits on a hair trigger just below the surface of most people, waiting for a suitable target to pop out.
    • Up x 2