[Suggestion] Split C4 into AV & Anti-Light & cut down the number of classes its on.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Azawarau

Try it on infantry

It doesnt get you far
  2. Scr1nRusher

oh it does.

Corner camping/doorway fights?

C4

MAX crash? C4

Point hold or defense? C4
  3. Azawarau

I could say the same to you

I hope they send you soon

Corner camping? Shot C 4 wasted 75 certs

Max crash? Same situation

It can work when people dont pay attention but that already has a solution
    • Up x 1
  4. Scr1nRusher

Ok, before we go into a pointless ********** because in the past I triggered some negative feelz in you.........

The point of the whole thread is that C4 should be specialized & it should be on classes that can make the most of them.
  5. Azawarau

You havnt hurt me though i seem to have had that effect on you at least a few times. Im not as petty as that

The whole point of the thread is to nerf C 4 by splitting it into two

I dont agree with that

Theres no reason to do it
  6. FateJH

Scr1nRusher's perspective on this game is so alien to other people that attributing even common player experience bias is regarding his thought process as unduly terrestrial.

In any case, I think it was Taemien or Demigan who first proposed the splitting C4 idea some time ago, even before Scr1n was here. Maybe.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pelojian

he's called scrinrusher after all. he probably knows foreman 371 personally.
    • Up x 1
  8. Reclaimer77

This is just a terrible idea. Even for the OP, which holds the record for bad ideas.

You died to C-4

Relax, and respawn.
  9. Reclaimer77

You haven't backed up why that "should" be, as usual. You have provided no statistics or even logic as to why the current situation is a problem. Besides calling the developers idiots and implying that somehow the game THEY designed isn't working how they wanted it to.

And on that note, gee, I wonder why they hired Wrel and not you? What a mystery!!!
  10. prodavit

I Don't agree with you here. It seem like you want this change to benefits your play style. You're just thinking about yourself as what would be good for you as a player not for the good of all plantedside community. It's like if I come on here and demand that they add C4 and tank mines to the infiltrator (benefit infil, no one else).

This buff to the light assault will make this class way over power, all people are going to do is spam light assault C4. C4 is fine where it is now and some can argue that it's over power and discourage team play. Don't get me wrong, I love C4, I already arx my C4, but come on man, a HE size explosion? You can wipe a whole room with one of this OP C4. Don't even get me started on what you can do in a max crash. Are you crazy?

I dont see why you want to remove c4 from other classes? you made an argument that it's worthless to other classes but I think you want to justified your buff with a nerf for "balance", which is bs since you main LA so it won't be a nerf for you.
  11. Scr1nRusher

I didn't know you & DeadlyOmen were the same person, you might want to get your split personality disorder checked out.
  12. Scr1nRusher

A foundation with cracks in it is going to come down, unless you point out the cracks & fix them.
  13. Scr1nRusher

Nope, just looking at the game design & how crappy balance has impacted it since the beta stages.

If you really think that, you are sorely mistaken.

But which C4 now that you have 2 types that have strenghts & weaknesses?

It seems like my changes would impact YOUR playstyle.

Do you even know how big a HE explosion is even more?

Also, the best way to compare the 2 C4's is that one is a AP tank round, the other is a HE/HEAT round.

Are you blind?

Do I have to link you my Profile to show you?

Also, C4 should be something special, so the classes that have access to it have a reason to be played & better tactical usage preference.
    • Up x 1
  14. Scr1nRusher

Nerf or Buff?

Ones really ******* good at killing strong stuff, but not against light stuff(comparatively)

Ones really ******* good at killing light stuff, but not good against heavy stuff.
  15. prodavit

Looks like someone a bit pissy, that people are not agreeing with him.

It's like jack of all trade, master of none. You're not going to run out of the spawn room without knowing what you're going to kill. If you do, then you're a bad player. It's like a carbine, if you want to kill someone close range, you would pick the serpent. If you want to kill someone at longer range you would pick the Pulsar C. If you pick a jack of all trade gun, you're just not competitive.

This is the case for the C4, with your proposal, you will make the C4 overpower since like I said, you're not going to run out of the spawn room without knowing what you want to kill.

Well the problem is that he and heat round take 2 shots to kill someone with splash damage, C4 only take one. The thing that make C4 balance is that C4 only have 2 meters of effect kill range, HE rounds is effective up to around 6.

So what you're telling me is you want a C4 that can kill at 6 meters away? Like I said you can just pop one c4 into a room and wipe.

C4 is suppose to be an anti vehicle weapon with some application for anti personnel but you only can get 1 kill or maybe if you're lucky 2 kills with it, not 6 or 7 which is what you're trying to make it.

If you want an anti personnel explosion just use your flag grenade.

not to mention in real life, there's no High explosive C4, there's no anti personnel C4. C4 is a bleaching charge, it can disable vehicles, but you have to place it in the right location.
  16. EPIC389

I'd like to see:

Heavy get AV C4

Engineer and Light get both

Medic doesn't get any c4 and we need to give something unique to the medic

I don't feel the medic should have an AV option. I feel it should focus on infantry and revs and heals

Hey Sc1n in warhammer 40k the apothecary has that stabby thing(I dunno, im not an expert) that essentially heals up allies. What was it called and you think that can be implemented into planetside?
    • Up x 1
  17. Azawarau

But the C 4 we have now is perfectly fine at both without missing out on one thing or another

Youd be better off suggesting alternate types of C 4 than changing C 4 entirely
    • Up x 1
  18. DeadlyOmen

He died to C4.

He needs to relax, and respawn.
  19. DeadlyOmen

You died to C4.

Relax, and respawn.
  20. Pelojian

HE OHK splash radius is 1 meter and any level of flak armor will make an indirect HE shell take two shots at least. unless the area is devoid of cover don't count on a third shot if you can't even manage to get a close splash hit.
    • Up x 1