[Suggestion] Split C4 into AV & Anti-Light & cut down the number of classes its on.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

C4 has a fundamental problem of being good at killing everything(due it this games developmental **** ups it was more then likely created as a bandaid & to compete with BF) & the "it could be everywhere" factor.

So here is what I propose:

AV C4:
    • Good at killing Heavy Armor(MBT's,Lightnings,Sunderers,Liberators,Galaxies,Base Turrets/Structures)
    • Very small splash radius, but very lethal to MAX's who are in it
    • Does less damage to Light Armor
    Anti-Light C4:
    • Good at killing Light Armor(ESF's,Valkyries,Flashes,Harassers),MAX's,Infantry & Deployables.
    • Decent size splash radius(Think HE tank round size)
    • Cannot damage Heavy Armor.

Now that is taken care of(C4 is seperated into 2 different C4's), C4 needs to be on less classes.

C4 is currently on:
    • LA (Flying allows for great synergy)
    • Engineer (Demolitions & has Utility Pouch.)
    • HA (AV class, but it also causes problems due to power creep.)
    • Medic( I think most of the games budget was spent on Alcohol for this to even be possible)
    So....... with that in mind, the only classes that should have C4 Access(both types) are the LA & the Engineer.
    • Up x 3
  2. DeadlyOmen

You died to C4.

Relax, and respawn.
    • Up x 2
  3. CrimsonEpsilon

False, he actually wants LA's buffed.
    • Up x 1
  4. Scr1nRusher

No.

C4 is poorly designed & balanced around "what if's" and how Infantry MIGHT die in the process.
  5. Scr1nRusher

That is true.

LA has only 2 things going for it.

Jumpjets

C4(which considering how its on 4 classes(when it really should be on 2), really doesn't make it unique or special to the LA class).
  6. Campagne

You had me up until who gets the C4.

In my opinion, flight and high explosives shouldn't mix. Plus The HA could make good use out of the AV C4.

Other than that though, I agree.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pelojian

Assuming they don't split C4 but remove it from heavies and medics would you be able to live with more medics and heavies using ether healing kits instead?

I don't think they'll remove C4 for heavies or medics because it removes choice in absence of them getting something else to pick from instead of just healing kits. lets be honest anything they'd add to soften the blow someone would complain about.
  8. Savadrin

The HA already has some pretty effective and flexible AV. Why does the HA have AV grenades but the Engi doesn't?
  9. DeadlyOmen

You died to C4.

Relax, and respawn.
    • Up x 2
  10. Scr1nRusher

Actually that begs the question on why the HA needs C4 if it has the AV grenade & RL's.
  11. DeadlyOmen

He died to C4.

He needs to relax, and respawn.
    • Up x 1
  12. Scr1nRusher

If your just going to troll then thats quite pathetic.
  13. ColonelChingles

Makes sense.

In order to penetrate heavy tank armour you need a shaped/directional charge. But shaped/directional charges are poor for general area explosions because they direct the energy of the blast in one direction.

The same should probably be true of AT Mines actually. They most likely work by projecting directly upwards, so a tank driving next to an AT Mine when it explodes would not suffer catastrophic damage.

Making an AV C4 that has essentially no blast radius and relies only on the skill of the attacker would be the first step towards making C4 balanced against vehicles.
    • Up x 3
  14. Scr1nRusher

C4 should not be a "do it all".

Like everything else it should have specialized variants.
  15. Azawarau

Im going to go with no for the same reasons as the last thread

C 4 isnt an issue

Fix the actual problems or start looking up

Only died once by C 4 on ym nooby mag rider and it was because i was shooting into a tower with a sundie in it and accidentally hit T

By the time i looked back the medic already had me blown up

Thata a stupid "Deserved to die" situation like many of the campers with their 10+ tank KDs have and yet complain about C 4 actually being able to stop them while they arent paying attention

There were actually people saying ti was bad to have a spotter or radar that spotted incoming troops because looking at the map is too hard apparently

Im out of sympathy for those players
  16. Azawarau

Its not a do it all and never has been and never will be

Against infantry and max suits youre more likely to get shot than successfully C 4. LA is your best shot but again, youre either going to spend 75 certs on a few kills or people are bunched up enough in an area that they should know to watch out for LA attacks
  17. Scr1nRusher

What is it "bad" at killing?

Don't let your bias blind you.
  18. Scr1nRusher

Keep putting your head in the sand.

Problems don't get fixed if you don't look at them.
  19. LodeTria

Spitfire.
    • Up x 1
  20. Wind_Walker

I could actually get behind this. I could only see it getting removed from Medics, however. With HA being an AV class, the devs would most likely give them access to the AV C4

Also, I would change the name of the Light C4 so that there's C4, and _____. Maybe semtax. Idk, I don't work in military demolition.
    • Up x 1