Faction flipping to TK. Anything we can do?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chubby Monkey, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Chubby Monkey

Has anyone else encountered an increase in TK'ers lately? I play on Connery, usually a support class. I do not use voice coms so I am not upsetting people with that. Almost always I roll as a lone wolf. I try to support the push for capture or the defense. Either or, but I prefer to defend. My KD ratio on any of my three toons (Have one for each faction.) reflects that I am not a very big threat. I give a little better than I get.

Most are obvious low BR players with 100 or less directive scores. Lately however I am seeing more and more 50+ BR TK'ers. No offense intended, if it was summer and school was out I could understand the influx of this type of activity. If I was going out of my way to disrupt other's gameplay I could understand. If I was some sort of PS2 slayer that laid waste to entire squads I could understand it. But I don't, and I am not.

So my question to the community, especially on Connery, is this: Am I alone or are others experiencing this as well? What can I do, other than smoking players who pull this type of stunt, to avoid or prevent being shot gunned in the spawn room or knifed in the back while out and about?

Lastly, what does the community think about a 30 minute lock out on faction flipping? It's not so long that players can't log in to receive their free certs for the day. Or to change things up if they want to. It will not prevent a second client from being run. Or an alt account from logging in I understand. Just a thought for a quick fix that may help with the problem. Thanks in advance
  2. TheFlamingLemon

I don't think a 30 minute lock is a good idea. It locks out players who just get bored of playing one character, like myself. Rather, I think there should be a smaller cap on the amount of team damage a player can do. A player shouldn't be able to dish out the damage required to kill a friendly sunderer before getting weapon locked. Once weapon locked, no additional damage should be done. We should just significantly lessen the amount of damage it takes to be locked and the time weapons are locked for, as well as have the amount of time one's weapons are locked for, if it has increased due to repetition, slowly go down over time to its original amount.
  3. Nalothisal

IMO there should be a three hour lock on a server once you log off from a character on that server. Essentially if I log on my NC and later log off, I would only be able to play NC on that server I was on and no other characters, (even freshly made ones).
  4. Bassmeant1

whatever, work around it.
    we are already underpop, yet we take the asset or defend the asset anyway.
    so the best the enemy has is to switch teams to tk and it still doesn't work? just a sign of the times
  5. Cheezy Q

That would strongly discourage membership. I doubt they do that.
  6. Azawarau

I had this problem recently when a few Vanu spent hours trying to kill me

They got me the first time but failed every time after

I doubt my reports had any effect since they didnt kill me

I couldnt really afford to die since i was in a max suit and was largely responsible for making up for the lack or AV and AI we had that day
  7. Imperialguardsman

But unless you care about k/d or easy to earn nanite resources... there's nothing Wrong with tking for alas there is a weapons lock system that will stop them from shooting eventually.
  8. Moz

There is a report option for intentional team killing i think?

That's probs the only thing you can "do"..... Besides shooting the ****** back!
  9. Eternaloptimist

I have six avatars - two in each faction. Weapon lock a TKer by all means but don't lock me out of ability to switch between avatars if I've done nothing wrong.

I think weapon lock for TK should trigger more quickly (immediately in spawn rooms) and successive locks should get longer if TKs happen repeatedly.

I experienced a short run of TKs a few weeks ago (kill a 100+ BR and die almost immediately to a low BR "ally"). I actually saw one spawn (a BR1), run about a bit without engaging the enemy we were figthing utill he saw me, kill me then log off. Ironic really, I was watching him becasue I was thinking "you poor new guy, this must be incredibly confusing for you".

But this behaviour against me has not been repeated recently.
  10. SunnyXtreme83

Bingo I was going to say 2 hours. But 3 hours is even better. In that way they will not be able to disrupt the alerts even.
    it kinda feels good too that those were definately burthurt from other factions, that they got so desperate to switch faction to kill u.
  11. Spoprockl

This would just piss off people who play all factions on one server, with one account.

It wouldn't stop any faction switching teamkillers. Those people would just create alt accounts to use for faction switching.

Do you really think the added few seconds it would take them to log out and back in would keep them from doing it?
  12. SunnyXtreme83

insta weapon lock in spawn rooms.
  13. SunnyXtreme83

J

Its not a ban its armistice from switching accounts. Those swappers problems isnt bigger then the ones getting killed by team mates. U want to play all factions in one day ??? Then I say its a must 3 hour lock. So u dont swap characters to ur advantages.
    we have one of the bigger problem here of tkilling.
    u can play ur other factions other days cant u ???? Seems fishy to me.
  14. Problem Officer

Side note: Today an NC TK'd me with BASR, v8ed, switched to medic and revived me, v8ed again. :oops:
    [crying] Give em a ribbon!

You can't penalize TK, because it's often the fault of whoever died.
    Do that and instead of faction hopping to TK, it will be faction hopping to run in front of you and get TK'd so you get punished, an extremely effect griefing method compared to now.

Putting character-switch on a cooldown is a commonly successful method of preventing related exploits.
    Have a cooldown on both character swap and account swap.It doesn't need to be a large cooldown, just one to prevent switching soon after logging out of one character. Restroom break length, 5-10 minutes.
    Then, also punish accounts that have a character with lots of TKs.
    Avoiding being framed many times consecutively isn't a problem for anyone, so this would work.
  15. Spoprockl

Why?

Why should i have to wait 3 hours if, lets say, i'm fed up with my Vanus *pew pew* weapon sounds, and instead want to hear some good old TR *dakka dakka* for a change?

Those additional character slots have been bought with real money, why do you think it is necessary to put them on a 3 hour timer?

Disclaimer: I only play one Character of one faction per server, so this doesn't affect me.

But i don't see your argument here.
    If you want to keep people from faction swapping during alerts you can easily create your own thread about that, and not hijack this one which is about faction switching TKers.
  16. SunnyXtreme83

It is related to the said topic and im not hijacking a thread. I re-responded to a guy here go tell him plz. Trying to make a scene here ?
    And also they should reduce the warning of friendly teamkilling and increase the time to standard 10min lock down every time they exceed to final warning.

like I said tkilling is a major problem then anything else. And hey u can get 3 default and 3 extra avatar selection by default. I dont want to argue with no body. I have posted my suggestion.
  17. sebastian oscar post

[IMG]
  18. Taemien

The only way to prevent this is to make the game buy to play.

People are reluctant to use main accounts for this sort of thing. So they use multiple accounts. If you notice the launcher actually allows you to switch accounts very easily. Some actually use laptops and separate internet connections (Cell Phone Tethers) to actually login without logging out with their main.

So Lockouts don't do anything but punish good players.
    IP Bans are circumnavigated.
    MAC Bans are easily spoofed but it doesn't matter as a different NIC is used.
    Free Accounts are readily disposable.

If the game was buy to play, new accounts would not be as disposable. And that would stop most of the TKing. However in a 3 and half year old game. Making it B2P now is impossible.

So in hindsight, we know to request PS3 to be B2P. PS2 is screwed as far as this goes.
    • Up x 1
  19. Diggsano

If there will be a cooldown for Character changeing....there would be people who just make a new account if a other faction.....so it is pretty useless.
  20. Slip

There are easy ways of fixing this. And it should be fixed. But....
    The flipping to TK rarely happens, so I'm not worried about it. What does suck though is when large groups of people flip factions during alerts. As I type this, it's going on emerald. It's early Sunday morning and a bunch of people are taking advantage by taking bases half the alert as TR and now they have all flipped to VS to take those bases back. The population distribution is very telling. When one faction is up 10%, taking a lot of ground and then the next instant, at "half time" the other faction is up 10% but the total number of players on the server remains the same and all those bases start to fall the other way...
    You may or may not care about padding your TR guy, you could use a low BR throw away character to take ground easily when the over all pop is low and then switch to your main that you want to pad and win the alert by taking all of those bases back. That's a lot of points. You can't cap bases you already own. However; you could play the other side and take them for a moment, just long enough to go back to your main and sweep in for the win.
    If all you care about is XP padding, that's the perfect way to do it.
    But DBG is focused on bringing us a FPS version of mine kraft and wants to ignore the bazillion problems that have existed since launch and sell you a lot of helmets in the process. They don't care as long as people are still playing and more importantly, spending $$$.
    This game was dead and buried a long time ago. I still play out of sentimental value and what was a lack of SSD space. Now I have a new, much larger SSD and there are other games to play that aren't broken all the time that all my buddies play. They got the hint about PS2 over a year ago. And I think I'm starting to see it too.