Ps2?? ps3?? ps2.0?? doubts...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by marcelomormaii, Mar 8, 2016.

1. marcelomormaii

We are nearing the end of Planetside 2 ?? we have a Planetside 3 ?? this is my greatest doubt because every day that passes emptier are the servers ... yesterday (03.08.2016) had few people online. What will be what is happening, the developers will not do anything? the Planetside 2.0 rumor is real?

all these issues are lost in my head.
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

Why are certain words red in your post?
    • Up x 5
  3. Towie

The overall population has actually been quite stable since the beginning of the year - so I guess we are the hard-core players keeping it going ;)

There is a bit of faction inbalance but we don't need another thread on that subject. (Thought i'd use cyan to improve the aesthetic appeal)
    • Up x 1
  4. Pikachu

Game has been declining since summer 2013, stop being surprised.
  5. marcelomormaii

only a whim.
  6. marcelomormaii

7. Vanapapi

It's for emphasizing key words in one's text.
    • Up x 1
  8. Savadrin

year three or four of end-of-auraxis posts already? I missed the first bit since I just started playing.
    • Up x 1
  9. Pikachu

I remember a few weeks after release when like 60% of the players had left the game someone made a thread with the title something like "proof this game is dying", which contained a picture showing all servers being low on population.
    • Up x 4
  10. user101

There were 2 updates 3-7-2016 PM and a 3-8-2016 AM update.... both took out stuff I have never seen before in the game. I have no idea what the DEVs are doing. PM update was 90,000 and AM update was 30,000 size wise. Game seemed to work in both cases.

I did notice if you try to spawn in the middle of an update the game crashes.
    • Up x 1
  11. marcelomormaii

the problem is not the developers take in updates but the problem is the lack of communication with the players. The we want the best for the game but the developers do not help. They could formalize something and not speculate.
  12. SwornJupiter

Need some context here.
    - What server are you playing on?
    - Where are you playing from?
    - Do you play regularly during peak/off-peak hours?

I don't know what people mean when they say this - EU servers had a MASSIVE influx of people in the past 3 months or so, and Emerald is still holding very strongly. Connery is still stable, and can still be very fun during peak hours.
    The game's population is holding quite stable over the last 6 months. We do not seem to be bleeding players quite as quickly as some people claim, but we'll see how PS2 fares after the construction update.
  13. marcelomormaii

I am the Emerald server, set the schedule starting from 18, 19 hours ... old at that time was packed at least 2 practically sold out maps and a third with playing some ... yesterday in Amerish was crowded got a queue of 2 people. There were days I got queued alerts 125, 150 people. I just miss that time. But I believe that everything will improve, unfortunately depend on the willingness of developers to want to help.
  14. AxiomInsanity87

Triggered
    • Up x 1
  15. Sulsa

I think many people have returned lately based on the TR Overpop in the past few months.
    I have been playing my VS toon consistently to try and help the underpopped side.

Sure it is a declining game but Emerald is always on fire during East Coast prime time.
    • Up x 1
  16. marcelomormaii

yeah!!

We need developers to bring good news to us.
  17. ObiVanuKenobi

18. Pelojian

they are damned ether way, if they inform players about things they take crap because people don't like it or developing it takes longer then a player's patience. if they don't communicate people complain that they aren't getting enough information.

look at the ANT system they are doing pretty good and still some people complain because they aren't patient.

this is before you factor in that sometimes information is given out in such a way that it's content is down to interpretation so the poster can basically claim they were misunderstood.
    • Up x 1
  19. marcelomormaii

20. marcelomormaii

I agree with your point of view.