LOVE the new NS-61E pistol!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by prodavit, Mar 2, 2016.

1. prodavit

SO hmm.... how can I put this? I might have to quite the game if you guys nerf the damn thing (ns-61).
  2. Movoza

Hmmm how do I put this?

Less NS, more ES. We have enough same weapons. We can use more diversity.
    • Up x 7
  3. Moz

While i agree with the OP that this is a great little gun, this point IMO is important.

ES > NS
    • Up x 8
  4. Eternaloptimist

I found that using it at longer range than is normally sensible for a pistol is entirely practical but it felt like I was exposed (de-cloaked) for longer - not sure if that was TTK or just poor aiming on my part.

Only gave it a brief trial as a stalker but overall I agree with OP - positive first impressions of range, accuracy, stability, suppressor and reflex sights (needed ammo belt for sustained use though).

Not sure I'll replace my Desperado or Inquisitor on other classes though as I main engineer and they already have carbines for that sort of engagement. Hmmm..........wait though - Shotty plus Emissary? maybe a good short range/longer range combo?

I'll probably ditch the Spiker though, as I only had it for the burst fire mode and I am a bit underwhelmed by it tbh.
  5. prodavit

the reason they come out with common pool is because they can make money on it. people usually don't buy ES because it only unlock on one character. Also ES weapon have the issue of balance, where NS doesn't have as much problem since it's usable by everyone. Ex. gatekeeper
  6. Pelojian

NS weapons are cheaper to make and have just as much more potential customers(in other words every player). 1 weapon that is NS is less expensive to make then 3 weapons that are ES and fill the same role.

It's harder to argue a NS weapon is unbalanced when all three factions can use them.
  7. Joexer

Case in point: commisioner
    • Up x 2
  8. Reclaimer77

A poor man's SMG for a Stalker infil? What's not to like.
  9. nehylen

I've used it as my sidearm with primary shotguns, and while for me it's not quite as good in general as the Blackhand is for that kind of role, it's workable.
    It's not great, but i've surprised myself with some kills with it.

Emissary does lose 1 tier of damage too many however (4 compared to 3 on the 2 comparable 15m max dmg pistols).
  10. Movoza

If there was more ES and more effective ES, this might not be such a problem. Enough people pay for the ES weapons, especially if they have something better to offer. If they continue pushing a lot of NS, a chunk of the playerbase will leave at an earlier stage.
  11. freeAmerish

It`s a poor SMG for Stalker infil.
    + full auto, full dmg to 15 meters
    but this slow TTK 577rpm X 112 DMG
  12. CrimsonEpsilon

I think that a buff to the emissary would be too much. It performs really well as a pistol but is abused for a quick headshot machine. A higher damage profile or more fire rate will be a bit too much IMO. If it were to get a buff in that aspect however, it should get some handling tweaks.
    • Up x 3
  13. voxmachina

Its damage model is fine, but it needs some kick in the recoil so there's at least something to control like every other automatic in the game. It feels unreal.
  14. cobaltlightning

As with all NS Weapons, the more holes you poke in your target's brainz the better the gun will perform.

I've honestly come out of CQC scraps with the Emissary the victor, more than once (including some primary damage + quick-knife) so at these ranges I better play to the NS Strength of headshots, and the slow TTK and ROF gets negated by headshots, like with most every other NS weapon in the game. Plus the control-ability means I can keep on target an extra few meters out as I backpedal away from a hopefully confused enemy.

I've also found it to be better than my commy or underboss for Infiltrator Hunting, especialyl if they manage to run and my revolvers just can't seem to stay on target well enough. Best of all, my favourite rule about pistols is still in play: Flashlights.

Paired with the Archer, I've actually felt underwhelmed. Tried to use it as a support-primary, but never lasted too long. And yes, I brought all my cousins with me.

Ext. Mags are meh at best, I feel, but that's because I use the Emissary as a ghetto finisher with some extra perks. I don't run a suppressor so I can keep that range, too. I wouldn't go past a 1X scope, and keep it in the pocket SMG role.

TLDR
    Not what everyone was expecting, still has use, decent all-rounder and workable to Beamer min-damage range.

Try replacing your current pistols with the Emissary. You might like the extra versatility.
  15. Skooma Lord

According to the patch notes the Emissary was added mainly to complement the Archer for the Engineer. I like it and think its in a good spot, but would love more ES weapons though.
  16. Taemien

Does this very well. It also compliments CQC snipers as well.
  17. Khallixtus

I think it feels fine at first, but quickly becomes weaker.

If you don't take Ext Mags you can't kill a HA at longer (60ish metres) ranges, which is what it was designed for if you think of the low damage and super good recoil. It has 1925 damage per mag, and a RS HA has 1667 HP. If you miss more than 3 shots (and the accuracy is low enough to make this a VERY possible reality) they live. And there are lots of HAs running around currently, so this situation is going to happen often.
    At close quarters, the damage is so poor that opponents with good skills and reflexes will be able to kill you even if you start shooting first.
    For long ranges, the accuracy, DPS and ammunition means it is almost impossible to kill an enemy before they kill you, someone else kills you, and any half decent player will find cover before dying.

The only real redeeming factor of the gun is how it handles. It is very easy to keep it on the target, and feels good to use as you shoot it. But that's all.
    • Up x 1
  18. Skooma Lord

Also I would like them to use more creativity and originality when creating guns: [IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. Pelojian

Game may be set into the future sure, but we are talking advanced technology and nanites, who's to say mechanisms for future guns wouldn't be small and adaptable enough that they could make them look like old fashioned weapons?

I reckon it is pretty cool to have some weapons that look like real life equivalents.
  20. prodavit

After play testing it a bit i feel that it does need a bit of a buff. the only way you can be effective with this weapon is to score all headshot or come up behide someone, hence stalker. Outside of infil, I dont see it being very useful. Suppose to be for archer engi but it better if you just use the commissioner or the underboss in that case. Dont get me wrong, I love this weapon for stalker, it's a sidearm/poorman smg it that case.

Wrel, the designer of this gun is thinking about a buff because it doesn't fill the roll it suppose to.