[Suggestion] ES Liberator weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PatateMystere, Mar 2, 2016.

1. PatateMystere

I would like to see some empire specific weapons on liberators. I'm not talking about creating new ones, i'm talking about making the existing one feels empire specific. Same stats, different model, sounds and mechanics.

I will only talk here about: vektor, shredder,drake and tank buster.

TR:
    I think that the existing weapons are nice as they are for TR. Bullets based weapons.

VS:
    More pew pew weapons!
    Vektor: shoot long range laser beam.
    Shredder: shoot large plasma bolts
    Drake shoot small plama bolts
    Tank buster: shoot a continuous short range plasma beam. Increase mag size increase the duration of the beam.
    (1.5 sec to 2.2 sec, actual time to shoot entire clip)

NC:
    MOAR shotguns!
    Vector: shoot enfoncer like projectiles
    Shredder: shoot long range canister like projectile (pellets)
    Drake: Shoot canister like projectiles (pellets)
    Tank buster: Shoot short range high damage pellets. increase mag size, increase the number of pellets.

What do you think? Any more idea to make those weapons unique?
  2. Jawarisin

this idea is beyond bad. no offense
    • Up x 1
  3. DooDooBreff

any reasons why? or are you just tyring to be "first" and "E-cool" ?
    • Up x 2
  4. PatateMystere

Why? reasons?
  5. Jawarisin

give me 5 good reasons not to use your feets for everything instead of your hands, and I'll give you reasons for this. Both ideas are so rubbish it should be obvious. In the oddball case you comply, I'll give you 5 reasons myself.
  6. FateJH

During the last Liberator weapons update, they actually had a few weapons when they started, some of which were ES.

After a lot of hand-wringing and an inability to get positive results from most of them, we got the Duster, originally the TR's weapon, as a common pool option because that's the one the players were actually slightly enthusiastic about. We also got the Hyenas and the Spur, though those might have always been common. I don't even remember what the NC and the VS bellygun options were but I get the feeling that the NC one was probably a camera-guided missile system of some sort.
  7. DooDooBreff

could you give 5 reasons why you put the letter "s" at the end of feet?
  8. PatateMystere

My suggestion is all about change the graphic of the weapon: 3d model and projectile model. We are talking about aesthetic so i don't really understand that reaction of yours.
  9. DooDooBreff

hes edgy
  10. PatateMystere

I would also suggest to make the dalton, zepher and duster explosion LOOKS bigger for NC and plasma for VS ( use magrider shells model)
  11. Nehlis

Liberator is completely lacking in faction flavour at the moment, the problem is it currently is under flak (pun intended) due to its current power in the game. It would be nice to add, as soon as we can make sure it's balanced first.
    • Up x 1
  12. Imp C Bravo

Well, the Lib is getting an ES Model update as I understand it. I think weapon matching that is a good idea. They can function exactly the same as the 4 weapons we have now, same in every respect, just different graphics.
  13. Blippy

SoE already tried it, but being true to themselves, they scrapped it and left only the Duster, which was supposed to be exclusive to the TR.
  14. PatateMystere

ho
    Hope that DBG will not do the same.
  15. HAXTIME

Variations of current Empire Specific AI vehicle weapons could be used for the tailgun without much hassle (Proton II-PPA, Cannister, Marauder). Or variations of ESF AI Noseguns (Light PPA, Mustang, Banshee). These would be sidegrades to the Bulldog in performance.

However, AV weapons as well could be used with necessary adjustments IMO, especially the long-range variations (Saron, Enforcer, Gatekeeper). Yes, these would straight-up increase the Liberator's effectiveness against ground vehicles at the expense of A2A and A2G AI capabilities.

As for the belly gun... I've had my ideas, but they require both extensive development to be used in the game and propose numerous balance questions, especially now that the Dalton is effectively a no-splash, low-velocity railgun. What I could now imagine for Belly guns are weaponry based on current long-range MAX AV weapons. Gatekeeper-like dual-Fracture-like weapon for TR, Raven-like for NC (although that would require significant adjustments regarding guidability), and dual-Vortex-like for VS.