SAS-R/TSAR-42/Ghost opinions?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Invictorum, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Invictorum

Has anyone else been running around with one of them recently? I picked up the SAS-R for my NC Infil, and it's been treating me very nicely. I generally run a 3.4x Red Dot for more open areas, and a 2x red dot for tower stomping.

Anyone run some curious loadouts involving one of these hilarious rifles? If so, throw it up here! Might be fun to try a new approach to using one.
  2. Ximinet

They are the best snipers across all 3 factions and every hunter infiltrator must have those weapons. Watch elusive1 videos on youtube,he is an expert on those guns.
  3. FunBotan

One of the best weapons ingame for me.
  4. PanzerGoddess

I gave my tsar42 a womans name cause if I could Id marry it :)

some tsar42 fun, my only video since I newbed myself frapsing....running 30fps is not good and well......not exactly pro at editing videos either so, my first attempt video. These guns make for great kills, but they also make for great laughs when you cant hit a darn thing, look at 1:48....between the hill and my aim....lol, that guy must of been having a good laugh at the rounds wizzing by him :confused:
  5. Aksron

The sasr is one of two snipers I use regularly, the other being the railjack. I use a 4x scope on my sasr for no sway medium range sniping, love it.
  6. ZillFattak

Those weapons are love and life. I wish the TSAR-42 had the awesome reload animation of the Ghost. Always using the 4x crosshair which makes close and longer range shots doable.
  7. Dualice

The smaller-magnification scopes mean no sway and a wider field of view whilst ADS, which opens up really nice opportunities for close-mid range. Plus it's a OHK if you can headshot.

The semi-autos with 4x sights are certainly less punishing for missed shots. Gotta make each one count with the SAS/Ghost/TSAR.
  8. Carl1879

The Ghost is the only sniper I am even close to auraxing (need about 100 kills the next closest probably needs about 900 lol) I put a 3.4 on it and its great fun.
  9. Diggsano

Make a point at the centre of your screen with marker, now you can quikscope better :p
  10. Frightning89

I haven't got it yet, but will eventually. From VR room testing, I came to the conclusion that it is better used as a Designated Marksman Rifle rather than a true sniper rifle. That is, instead of finding a good spot ~150m out to pitch a tent and start ventilating some brains, move with the squad and use the weapon from cover/high ground/etc. to control open spaces. Compared to the Impetus, you trade the firepower of a semi-auto for the ability to kill with a single headshot all the way out to 200m (Nano-Armor doesn't matter because it doesn't protect against headshots). So the SAS-R and its TR/VS equivalents will reward good aim very well.
  11. Nehlis

I've been mucking about with the SAS-R. I'm not that good of a sniper, so I slapped a silencer on it, a straight pull bolt, and a 4x triple chevron scope for drop. It lets me get away with actual mid-range 1 2 bodyshotting, with the occasional headshot.
  12. Mivadeth

Hello!

I have adquired the Gold medals for the Railjack, NC Bolt and Gauss, and I'm going for Gold Medal SAS-R ( I want to pick the Moonshot ^^ Long way to go )

So my experience with the SAS-R is not so extense. But, for me, it's a very, very good weapon. I am using it with the Truescope x4 and going medium range / close combat, and it works excelent. I am able to headshot almost anyone... and the weapon itself looks so cool :p
  13. voidreaperxx5

It is the most skill-heavy of all the sniper rifles because of how small the headshot hitbox is with a 4x or less scope compared to higher level optics, and subsequently, you have to be closer to your targets than any other sniper rifles. The trade off is you're able to pull off multiple headshots in quick succession (1.1 second chamber time and no scope sway) and are effective at ranges the enemy does not expect to be OHK'd at. Not to mention the aforementioned situation awareness of being able to see what's going on outside your scope's field of view when ADS'd.

For these reasons, it can be considered the 'best' sniper at securing kills very quickly, but also has a high skill gap due to being so close to the front lines and having to secure headshots against enemies who do not need the same level of accuracy as you do.
  14. Iridar51

To be honest, if other sniper rifles had access to 4x scopes and below, TSAR and its mirrors wouldn't see the half of use they do.
    • Up x 1
  15. SW0V

I disagree. Yes, no scope sway is a large contributor to why they are used but the other reason they are so powerful in CQC-mid range is due to a 1.1s rechamber time and a 2.5s reload. If the other BASR's were given lower power scopes with no sway you would be trading rechamber time for bullet velocity. A fair trade IMO and I think it would result in more BASR diversity in the game.... but.... I still think I would prefer the TSAR-42 over the a RAMS .50 with a 4x scope.
  16. Iridar51

I didn't say they'd become useless, just less popular. RAMS is an extreme example, the cheap bolt actions are not much slower than close range BASR. I just find it bad design needing to buy a separate, basically the same, gun - just to mount different optics on it.
  17. Moz

Love the SAS:R, only sniper i have on Auraxium.

I run 4x simple crosshair....
  18. Antillie

I just unlocked the Ghost with a 4x crosshair scope the other day. I don't think I am ever going to use the Parallax ever again.
  19. Evito

great for more aggressive play, a lot more fun than the typical smg infil