Animal/Alien NPC's that attack players?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MidnightStranger, Feb 17, 2016.

1. IronMouse

Completely against that idea.
  2. MidnightStranger

Um... wouldn't that be considered exploiting? Isn't exploiting against PS2 rules? Correct me If I'm wrong.

If it isn't, then thanks for helping the players find a way to avoid the hard times. But still, AI combat would be fun.
  3. Taemien

Nothing against the rules about longing into a second account. Heck I can bot said account as long as I don't statpad (that is against the rules) with it. Their stance on macros and bots are that you need to be 'at the computer' and not AFK.

You can thank Everquest's Ragefire server for that stance on macros. The multiboxing thing has always been legit though.
  4. Hammerlock

[IMG]
    :p
    • Up x 1
  5. 10thRMDredd

We have been suggesting this for 3 years. Not a new idea. A 4th faction natural fauna option when you are a bit sick of playing a human.
  6. haldolium

You are aware that they didn't even made the VR Training puppets move despite the fact that would be quite possible? That should speak for itself regarding any kind if "A.I." in the live game.
  7. Taemien

Mechanic issues, server loads, and the potato chips wannabe PC-Master Race halfbreeds call PCs aside..

I don't see NPCs adding anything that is either fun or challenging.

Planetside 2 is about the HUMAN conflict between the various factions that spawned on Auraxius. That's from a lore standpoint. From a game standpoint I was brought in here in 2012 to fight PLAYERs. Not NPCs. Its bad enough players act like NPCs, but at least there is still something that acts human enough at that keyboard.

If they want to make a single player game that is a spinoff of PS2, that's all fine and dandy. I don't actually care if they do. But to change this game away from a PVP game after I've invested a little over a grand and nearly 4 years of my time would be, well utterly wrong.

The way I see it, there's dozens of dozens of games on Steam that have plenty of solo games with aliens and all kinda of nastiness. And if you're looking for a MMOFPS with alien NPCs to fight. You've got options. There's Firefall for one. Runs well, has plenty of little quests and junk to play around on. Another is Defiance, based off the show from Sci-Fi.

You all have options for NPC fighting. I don't have options for MMOFPS that focuses only on PVP.