[Suggestion] Give ES pistols akimbo.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Maybe...... just maybe this would make them be better then the Comish when it comes to pistol duty.
    • Up x 3
  2. RainbowDash9

but i want dual commissssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... insta kills fo days
  3. Pikachu

Magscatters instant death.
  4. TheFlamingLemon

Dual TR repeaters? No thanks I choose balance
    • Up x 1
  5. haldolium

Akimbo for regular infantery has no place in PS2.
  6. Iridar51

OPness of commish is vastly overrated.
  7. Hegeteus

Wielding different sidearms(1 burst, 1 non-burst) would be cool and managing them could bring a new kind of skill aspect into the game. I'd probably go for Mag-Scatter and Rebel personally

I don't think it would be OP if given to light assault in exchange for jet pack for example(and having no ADS possibility of course), but it's one of those things that should be tried in practice to determine if it has too big balance problems
    • Up x 1
  8. Scr1nRusher

It still would be balanced considering they are ES Pistols.
    • Up x 1
  9. haldolium

Entirely.
  10. Hegeteus

Wiping my *** with it :cool:

[IMG]
  11. Okaydan

I'd like akimbo... but there's gonna be some tweaking/restrictions required.

Also, screw VS, right :(
    • Up x 2
  12. AxiomInsanity87

Can't ads while akimbo

X2 reload time

Let's go!
    • Up x 2
  13. Reclaimer77

Still on your quest to make Infils OP I see Rush?

No more Infil buffs until LA gets something!
  14. AxiomInsanity87

Dual emperors though
    • Up x 1
  15. AxiomInsanity87

Dual inquisitors after the 2 round burst buff that should be coming though

Pretty much dual anything though lol
    • Up x 1
  16. Hegeteus

I've seen the akimbo idea a couple of times and it has often been suggested as an option for LA ability slot where it would do the least harm and bring LA something new for a change

No ads, 2x reload time and taking up an ability slot sounds like enough balance downside to me, but like I said, it's something that should be tried in practice to tell if it's OP or not. I like to compare it to heavy assault and I don't think this would directly beat heavy assaults in terms of overall combat efficiency

E: Alternatively, they could have a small jumper jetpack included in it and call the whole thing Reaper jetpack ;) making it possible to wield the said dual pistols only while still being able to do small jumps
  17. AxiomInsanity87

How about no ads, X2 reload and it takes up primary slot as well?.

Not affected by jets where cof is concerned?.
    • Up x 1
  18. AxiomInsanity87

Yes, i love this idea :)
  19. Abraham with Cheese

I shall rule the battlefield as an infiltrator with my silenced pistols, taking out everyone but MAXes before they can react!
  20. TheFlamingLemon

I don't think we want weapons doing 167 damage per bullet at 1000 rpm.