[Suggestion] Annoyances

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IronMouse, Feb 11, 2016.

1. AxiomInsanity87

Op that sounds like a really good game.
  2. IronMouse

The point is, if the developers thought stats don't matter (like you do), there shouldn't be stat tracking in the first place.

But if there IS stat tracking in-game, like there is, it should be done right. And SPM and KPM should be calculated relative to the time ACTUALLY spent playing, not afking while not deployed.

You are just being stubborn.
  3. IronMouse

The point is, if the developers thought stats don't matter (like you do), there shouldn't be stat tracking in the first place.

But if there IS stat tracking in-game, like there is, it should be done right. And SPM and KPM should be calculated relative to the time ACTUALLY spent playing, not afking while not deployed.

You are just being stubborn.
  4. EPIC389

This should help a bit
  5. IronMouse

I'm missing your point. What has this have to do with anything in this thread? No one is angry.
  6. stalkish

O and the forum doesnt display a picture, ironic considering this thread.....
  7. ohmikkie

I see hit detection issues PS4 version as well (I've played both version BTW).

The problem with client-side hit detection is that it gives access to those to manipulate their network latency to improve accuracy; targets don't move as much and on the flip-side the target feels they've been insta-gibbed.
    • Up x 1
  8. Shiaari

The devs provide stats for the same reason they provide a lot of things: Because it matters to some people. That being said, do you know what the devs have never and will never provide? Victory points for having high stats.

Having high stats is like having a snazy helmet. It's cosmetic. It makes you feel good. But when victory points are tallied and continents get locked and alerts won, stats are left out.

They are doing it right. You, however, have an incomplete understanding of a statistic really is. What you don't seem to understand is that your averages are set in stone. They are permanent. They are unmovable. Once you've killed so many, died so many, fired so many shots, that sample size becomes too large to affected by human actions. Stopping the clock for any period of time is just pissing in a hurricane.

Statistics are done right when all data is measured, not just most of the data most of the time, but all of the data... all of the time.
  9. IronMouse

No, you are wrong. You see, KPM as well as SPM are very dependant on how active you are and how often you AFK while not deployed.

Example: let's say I only have 1-2 hours per day to play due to my tight schedule. Out of that 1, best case scenario 2 hours I have to go afk often, adding up to some 30 minutes of inactive time. Look at the PERCENTAGES there. My SPM and KPM will be disastrous. "Set in stone" eventually, yes, but in a very very WRONG way. Do you realize you're the one with incomplete understanding?

Stats matter to some people? Right. They matter to most people. But let's say you're right about that, it's only a handful who do care. Fine. But the stats are there, they exist, so do them RIGHT.