Need Help Shadowplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by StarvinMarvin, Feb 16, 2016.

1. StarvinMarvin

Hi, i use shadowplay to record some PS2 stuff as a lot of players do.
    But in some of my recorded videos there is some freaking drop frames, or freeze really really short like little lags. That doesn't happen everytime but its really annoying cause i cannot use these videos. Even when i don't have ps2 on ultra settings.

Am i the only one, is there any solution ? i remember some guy on a forum saying that he got this kind of problem but manages to fix it god only knows how.

I fixed my shawoplay settings so i can record 2 min before i tape on my keyboard. Highest quality possible in 1920*1080.

My pc config : GPU - GTX 970 MSI
    CPU - 4690k intel
    Motherboard - Gigabyte z97x-ud3h
    Ram- 8G

Any solution ?

Thx
  2. Shiaari

That's one feature of my new card I've never used. I'll give it a shot later tonight and let you know how it goes.

With those specs it should be running fine. RAM's middling, but not low enough to affect ShadowPlay that way... at least in my opinion.
  3. RainbowDash9

actually, it happens to me, but for some reason its the video PLAYER not the actual video itself. this is if youre on windows 10 using the default player though. if you just restart the video it plays perfectly fine. its really weird
  4. Spoprockl

I've had the same problems, and i seem to have found the culprit:

My game and OS are installed to an SSD drive, but my recordings go to my normal 2TB hard drive, which seems to have troubles writing the amount of data in time.

My solution: I reduced the recording quality a notch and changed it to 30fps, and since that i haven't had a single hitch in my shadowplay recordings.
  5. StarvinMarvin

Yeah i know this problem but what ever i compress it to edit some footage or play it with every player i can found, same lags are happening. So its the video itself that got some problem
    I only have one Hard Drive ... 2TB
  6. StarvinMarvin

Any solution ? Anyone ? anyone with this problem too ?
  7. SuperTrooperWaterloo

And on that 2TB HardDrive you run: OS + Planetside2 + Shadowplay + Background Programs?
    If so:
    Like ["Spoprockl, post: 3363105, member: 181963"] i would say your HardDrive´s writing speed cant handle the additional, massive amount of media data at the same time. Therefore you´ll lose data once it breaches the maximum writing speed = frame drops.

Mby there is something to check that or read that out? Resource monitor or some external program?

If thats the case you need another fast HDD only for that or the best would be a SSD.

You could also try another record program with a different converter than shadowplay to compress the files. Would need more CPU for smaller files to adapt to your HDD writing speed. But as far as i know shadowplay is already really good in terms of raw file size and quality, could be difficult to find one.

Ofc thats just a guess and it could still be somthing else, better check it before you get something new.
  8. Taemien

Next time I run PS2 I'll shadowplay it myself. I have the same GPU and a similar (though slightly better, not enough to matter) CPU. I'll see if I have those issues.

Though on a second thought I might need to boost my filespace first.. I remember a few minutes of video being a couple hundred MB.