planetside 2 and some mistakes they made

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VampyreAurodin, Feb 16, 2016.

1. VampyreAurodin

So I was just wondering what idiot created the redeploy pods cause I'm just wondering since you control a base than why can't you deploy there? I'm sorry but this is by far the dumbest feature on this game because it makes no tactical sense yes you can spawn in any of the five bases right next to where you spawned so there is no point in capturing bases too far away cause you can't transport to them to protect them anyways as well I'm sorry why does the red faction have the definitively strongest weapons in the game like there is no balance there what so ever I mean if purple had the strongest weapons it would make sense they are obviously more technologicly advance but no some random rag tag faction that doesn't show any signs of technological supremecy can one shot nearly everything I'm sorry but until you guys figure out how to make gameplay constructive and make sense I will never play this sad excuse of a game also I would suggest turning off team killing or making punishments more severe or just move team killers to their own server because I find it ridiculous that one guy on my own team can follow me around and blow up my sunderers and kill me without losing his weapons really fix the spawns I should be able to instantly travel to any one of my bases as I see fit limiting my ability to do that makes no sense in any way shape or form. I hope someone of importance reads this cause I enjoyed this game until I realized these heinous and absolutely ridiculous problems that could have only come about by some moron thinking it was a good idea like yeah let's make it so you can't deploy inside of your own base as well one faction out of the three doesn't need skill or tactics to win they can just bring one of their tanks and clear an entire army
  2. haldolium

whyevenwastingyourtimewithblanks
  3. Pfundi

Your thread and some mistakes you made:

Shift and enter dont hurt.

And its easier for us to follow your thoughts.
    Cause when theres a break in the text our brain can rest a second and actually understand what you wrote.
    If there isnt any break its just a lot of words and we dont remember the start once finished.
    Then we would have to read it again. Thats were the people jump ship and just dont bother or dont read everything and then comment totally unwanted stuff because they didnt read properly. And even if they wanted to their brain is just like "Nope"
    Not to mention the fact that a wall of text looks boring right from the start.
  4. Armcross

Just some mistakes?
  5. cobaltlightning

I assume you are complaining about the PS4's redeploy system. Last I heard it was a mess yet, but PCs is more of an annoyance than anything else

Your 'Red Faction' is the Terran Republic, and they are generally the weakest on a per-bullet basis. They have the highest rate of fire and largest magazine sizes in the game, making it seem like they're 1-shotting when in fact they're actually 10-shotting. Purple Guys are the Vanu Sogereignty. They don't have 'power' but they have ease of use; their weapons are the easiest to control. The ones with the power are the New Conglomerate, but are slow to fire and can be unwieldy.

Team Killing has always been a problem in this game, sadly. Only thing that can be done is /report and move onto a different battle. Unless you're teak killing one of their sunderers just to place your own there, which is a big no-no.

Lastly, for your last complain, that may depend on what tank it is, but generally tanks are much more easy to kill in close quarters with a ROCKET LAUNCHER.

And, as stated already, take yourself a moment to breathe, in through the nose and out through the mouth. With a bit of patience, you probably wouldn't come off as spouted an unorganized garbled mess.
  6. FateJH

You apologize a lot. I think you mixed up the TR and the NC when you tried discussing their weaponry too.
    • Up x 1
  7. AxiomInsanity87

No paragraphs the latest fashion or way for hippies to fight "the system"?.
  8. Poppington

I'm not sure what's going on here, but I know I don't like it.
  9. EPIC389

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Behold the Great Wall of Text
  10. Pikachu

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  11. Razzyman

How much time and how many people were needed to create it? Also, can it also be seen from space?
  12. Shiaari

It makes perfect sense when you consider that the game provides you with vehicles to get from point A to point B...

RedeploySide sucks.

Drive... or fly.
  13. Shiaari

Keep it up and you'll be giving Iridar serious competition for my heart.
  14. ExarRazor

the biggest mistake ps2 made was putting higby in charge in the first place
  15. Eternaloptimist

The full stop is occasionally useful too. The only part of the text wall I really understood enough to respond to definitively was the bit about making penalties for teamkills more severe - and I agree with that.

I'm not sure about the points OP is making regarding redeployment but I think Redeploy allows you to drop into bases where no actual deployment from the map is available, though I haven't tried it recently.

As to limiting freedom to deploy from the map, I once read somewhere that you can no longer do that when your faction outnumbers the enemy by a certain percentage (though I have seen some massive differences in numbers at some fights but still been able to join in on the larger side).

(Fun fact: the Red faction is also known as the Terran Republic (TR) and the Purple faction is the Vanu Sovereignty (VS) and they both have weapons that can kill you 'definitively' dead in the blink of an eye).
  16. stalkish

[IMG]

The new planetside empire.
  17. Hammerlock

[IMG]
    vanu update
  18. OldMaster80

The problem is players shouldn't be able to redeploy at all besides to go back to warpgate, to beacons or to a vehicle with Squad Logistic System. Redeploy, while nerfed in the past, still remains the biggest strategy killer of Planetside 2. Any attempt to outmaneuver the enemy on the map is mitigated by the fact anyone can teleport bascially bypassing terrain obstacles and enemy forces.
    The main tool of redeploy should be beacons, which should instead be buffed and expanded.

Those who want no downtime in fights should click on Instant Action.

This is even more ridicolous if you think Instant Action has a cooldown and it's a complete russian roulette, while Redeploy give you a choice about where to go and can be used at will. Then some wonder why Instant Action is not used...

Yes, basically this.
    • Up x 1