[Suggestion] To: The Developers (Need Medals for Record Holders)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Destroyer0370

Need Medals to show up on death screen(when k illed by the record holder) and other screens(screen/website that shows ribbons etc.)

Note: The medals/titles can only be kept if the player is the leader in whatever fields or fields. Therefore the player has to constantly defend his/her Title/Medals!

Titles/Medals for:
    Highest Kill Death Ratio(in the entire game/all servers)
    Longest Range Kill ever(maybe also give the Meters if mouse is pointed over the medal)
    Aircraft Kills(General Medal that is for Kills that includes all aircraft types)
    Medals for most "Fighter Planes"/"Liberator"/"Galaxy"/"Valkarie" kills (specific medals)
    Most Tank Kills
    Medals for most "Main Battle Tank"/"Light Tank"/"Buggy" kills(specific Medals)
    Sniper Kills
    etc.
    • Up x 2
  2. DooDooBreff

id be for this if it was time period specific.

everyone needs a chance for glory. when you say most overall it kind of favors the oldest players.
  3. YoungPedro

If those would only apply to legit gameplay that might be a cool feature.
    sadly in reality all it would encourage is even more stats padding and i don't feel like those individuals deserve something to show off
  4. Destroyer0370

Hi.
    Regarding it being time specific and the oldest players getting some kind of advantage..then you can do it yearly, for each year.

Therefore, those people that have a character for 2013, will only be matched up, in terms of who gets the titles/medals, to others that had a character for 2013. 2014 players would match up against each other, so on. This give a chance, to anyone who falls in a certain year/signed up with a character(s) and play the game, to fairly earn a title/medal of this kind.

2. Some other titles/medal I just thought of in addition to the above:
    Most max kills ever(Title:"Max Killer" or something like that+the medal)
    Most head shots

3. Maybe can get the imprint of the medal as a decal for your vehicles, and to put it on your character. Also, maybe change the "Triangle over the person's head" and when viewing screen to the "Medal", so that other players can see the player's status as a record holder. Note: If the player holds more than one, multiple records and therefore have different Medal symbols, then he/she chooses which one is shown to others over his/her head, and on the "map screen".
  5. Taemien

Too easy to get for stat padders.

Lets give it to outfits who capture the most bases.
    Lets give it to players who participated and won in organized play.
    Lets give it to you know.. players who actually win, not farm.

And definitely give it to team players, not solo ones. There's no I in Team. And this is by far a team based game. No solo player.. even hacking and cheating his brains out has taken a continent, won an alert, or won a server smash.
  6. Hegeteus

It favors whoever raises to the challenge. Commissioner used to hold largest amount of sidearm kills(15500~) but then I went in and broke it with my sidearm of choice, mag-scatter. I'm not a good player, it was just pure dedication
    I agree that some of them could be unfair or hard to get at this point, but it would of course be cool to get something out of the ordeal I mentioned above, though I did it as a personal challenge and accept it as it is

However, it wouldn't be far fetched if people could get medals or titles for their effort. I have to disagree a bit with OP by saying that the medals should stay on the player when they reached the top place at least once and there could be medals such as Bronze, Silver, Gold and Auraxium depending on your placement. Scrolling over them would show the date when you got them. While aurax medals for weapons are a thing, I don't see harm in implementing something for players to contest over

Something like this would in my opinion be healthy to the game as long as statpadders etc. are flushed out, since it would aspire people to keep playing PS2 and set new goals for them

While you seem to be loud and proud team player and I definitely respect that, not all players who rack up a significant amount of kills on X weapon are farmers who care only about themselves. I've always wanted to be effective for my faction and I've always been looking out for my fellow NC, at the cost of my KD and getting teamkilled often due to my playstyle(close quarter infiltration)

I think it's unfair for you to say what other people should get, by praising your "team play". This system could be extended for outfits, medic tools, repair tools, etc. easily. Just don't disapprove other players getting nice things because you have gone through thin where others have gone through thick. I know I've done my fair bit to NC, whether i play in a squad or not and I value those thousands of times when I've heard a random player thanking me for saving them
  7. DooDooBreff

8. Taemien

Solo players get certs. That's all they need. If you want to win and get credited for it. Join a team. No one that matters gives two sh-t's about SPM, KDR, or whatever solo based stat there is.

Whenever I run Ops with my outfit we never have felt, "oh thank goodness for those light blue named random players!" They're nothing more than the 'zerg'. At best we can rely on them to take a hit for us once in a while as literal cannon fodder. Occasionally we get one or two per evening that is 'somewhat' useful. But we never remember their names. Usually they join the squad or platoon (we normally keep it open).

But make no mistake. We're not thinking of Randoms when we see our Outfit tag appear over the base. Which happens more often than not when we do run squad/platoon stuff. That means the 'randoms' are usually not putting as much effort as we are.

Are you a useless player? Absolutely not. I'm sure you're quite helpful, and I'm willing to believe that you are as helpful as you claim to be (I've got no reason to believe otherwise). But to be rewarded more for it? Why? You get certs. That's your medal for participation.

Medals given out for more than that is for competition. You're not competing when you play solo. You're just playing to have simple fun. There's nothing wrong with that. But don't think for a moment you're on the same level as a team playing against another team. There's a whole other dynamic that goes into that than simply putting up darts, repairing, dropping ammo, healing, reviving, and so forth.

Think of it like a MMORPG. When you solo quest. You get quest gear. When you do dungeons with groups, you get group gear. When you raid with multiple groups in a guild or alliance, you get raid gear.

You don't get raid gear for doing solo content. Why should PS2 be any different?
  9. Hegeteus

I'm not saying that I should get rewards or anything. I agree with you that things such as KDR and SPM should not get so much recognition, but think about kill totals for example. It's a metric that doesn't care about your KDR or SPM and it essentially measures your dedication(or weapon score total for fairness, why not)

Like I said, this idea could be extended in ways that would be appealing to everyone. You shouldn't shut people out who just play in a different way you do. I don't swim in certs for not going along with my silly NC teammates, It's just a playstyle choice I made for various reasons(I still use motion spotters and dirty my KD to help my teammates)

I can imagine rewards for squad play, support play, outfits and kills all fitting in the game at the same time. Just don't brush people like me off as some kind of statwho*ing egoistical douchebags, there's usually much more to players than that
  10. Taemien

No one is being shut out. You get out what you put in.

Like I said. Dinking around healing allies, reviving them, resupplying them, and so forth is alot different than speaking with them, brainstorming with them, and coordinating with them. You're not doing that as a Solo player.

Try it. Get 48 people in 4 Galaxies as solo players. See how long it takes. If you can even do it. The base you need to reinforce would have likely fallen by the time you get airborne... IF the lone wolves didn't get bored and redeploy in the mean time.
  11. Hegeteus

Yes, but you're just warping this suggestion wholly around your own values. Which is why I suggested of considering all spectrum of players and playstyles
  12. Taemien

Here's your medal of participation:

[IMG]
  13. Hegeteus

Not gonna stoop any lower. I'm inclined to believe that you got nothing to show for and are just mouthing off with low effort posts, so it's best if I'll just ignore you

I have played all kind of different playstyles seeing things from multiple points of view and I'm getting bored of bigoted low effort posts -.-
  14. Taemien

I'm bigoted? Lets put this into perspective shall we?

Medals:

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    For every weapon in the game.

And Ribbons:

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    Continuing to next post (20 image limite)...
  15. Taemien

...Continuted

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

All of which can be obtained through soloing. Many of the above graphics are reused.

There is only ONE ribbon that can't be obtained soloing. And that is for Squad Spawns. So your playstyle is pretty damn well represented in rewards. Others' are not. So who's the bigot now?
  16. Hegeteus

I cringe at myself for continuing this thread...

...but this is not what I meant. You shouldn't go around ridiculing people just because their playstyle or lack of coordinated teamplay displeases you and treat them like they're crap under your boots. I've never played regularly or had much time/desire for outfit activities and to be honest I'm not that social guy in games or IRL(even if I was, I'm not sure if there would be much opportunity for that kind of stuff in my server anyway)
    I hope you'll at least understand why I won't take it lightly when someone comes and says that people like me should be fully excluded from OP's idea, just like that. Note that I don't really give a damn if this idea even gets implemented or not

E: I do respect current medals of course, but OP's idea goes further and would give players who like to specialize in specific gun(s) etc. something to aspire for if that's what they want. This whole idea may not have any real importance or urgency to it, but I just can't see what harm it would do
  17. Taemien

Take a look from my point of view.

Imagine if I were to go to a Fallout 4 discussion and ask for multiplayer content. How welcome would -that- community be towards the idea? You and I both know the response would be to be 'go play a multiplayer game' (well that'd be the 'nicest' response anyway).

Now look at what you've been saying. "I'm a solo player and I want multiplayer benefits when I solo."

The point I've been making is solo players have been rewarded and rewarded well, with progression even. While the rewards for group play are... minuscule. That's a travesty in a MMO.

Squad Leads get one ribbon.
    Outfits get a tag on a base.. which you can't see once you capture the continent (kinda counter-productive).

Solo players already get more than they are entitles to in a MMO. Its about time the group scene got a ton more attention.
  18. Hegeteus

I really am all for improving the group scene, but why are you trying to make OP's suggestion sound like a squad-play benefit only in the first place? If you want to improve group scene, undermining players like me who have taken different routes is not a good way to improve it

Besides, I never go "solo". No one does in this game(except for ghost cappers I suppose). Just because I like to work alongside randoms to achieve victory for my faction should not invalidate the effort I put in

E: I post from a point of view that goes beyond ribbons and directives. Since you seem to find current ribbons, directives etc. for organized play lacking, you should make a post or even a thread about it and I'll stand fully behind it without a problem
  19. Taemien

Nope. I'm not Scr1n. :p
  20. Hegeteus

How is highjacking other threads any better? You should keep things as separate issues instead of discriminating groups even as small as record holders because you're unsatisfied with other related things. I am the current record holder for kills on sidearms... maybe it seems petty, but getting to that position was not as easy as you think.
    I speak for all of those who have done the walk instead of the talk and don't really deserve this amount of bitterness