First upload!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gundem, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Reclaimer77

You're just a snake in the grass man. I could at least respect you if you were being honest. But fine, play your head games and pretend you weren't trying to discredit me by attacking my stats.

What does my infantry accuracy, again, have to do with my A2G flying experience anyway? See, even HERE you can't be honest about what you were trying to prove by digging up my stats.

You said you played mostly LA. But post video's of you LMG "farming" and admit you are trying to get the Butcher. Was that another lie too? Or do you consider sitting in the cockpit as LA in case you need to bail from your Liberator "playing" LA?

Homocopters offensive? Yeah umm "****" and "gay" stopped being offensive pejoratives regarding sexuality sometime back in the mid 1990's. Nice try, but you know there's nothing offensive at all about what I said. It was a joke anyway!
  2. Savadrin

No matter what, the term homocopter has been around much longer than PS2.
  3. Gundem

You could easily check my stats and see that no, I almost always run Engineer on my Liberator.

And like I said, I actually was discrediting you with your stats it it makes you feel better. I've told you that if you lack experience in some demographic, your opinion of it is less valuable then the opinion of someone with hundreds or even thousands of hours of experience. I have maintained this stance since you first started posting here.

But, this is not the same as someone saying "My KD is better then your KD so your bad!". This is my saying "Fly a Liberator, overextend, push it to it's limits, then come back and reconsider your position". I have even offered to pilot for you, even spawn them and let you fly yourself.

Really? I've honestly never heard it before Reclaimer started using it in PS2.
  4. Reclaimer77

What does my carbine accuracy on my TR alt have to do with flying a goddamn Liberator? Why can't you just be straight and honest for once??
  5. Noooooch

Didn't get the chance to see the video quality, but as long as it's 1080p, 60fps you're good. Graphics quality is an issue too, so medium graphics, ultra textures, no shadows, high particles, etc are what I personally play, record and upload with. Big thing too is your AUDIO. make sure everything sounds nice and loud and bass-y. Need to hear the game. I use windows movie maker for my YouTube channel, it's easy to use. I always turn up the audio to make sure it isn't quiet.

As far as game play goes people usually like to see some crazy ****, and I understand this is just a test upload.
  6. Noooooch

High bitrates are better for slow motion stuff, and 60fps is pretty much a standard nowadays. Shadow play is good but crashes often so I have to restart my computer sometimes.
  7. Gundem

That video is pretty poor quality, but my next upload was 1080p 60fps, so hopefully any quality issues are gone. My graphics should be nearly max, with only stuff like shadows turned off(In fact, as soon as I get my GPU so SLI I plan on turning my render quality to 120% XD).

I'll try and work with the audio, but for myself even at it's current state the fx are too loud for me, they drown out my squad chat and hurt my ears. I'll work on something, hopefully within my next few uploads I'll have it at a reasonable level.

I tried using movie maker for my last update, but either I'm not getting it or it's just highly limiting. For example, I wanted to slow down the specific section when I enter the room for my last video, to show everyone that the medic I killed was not in the room before I entered it, but I couldn't figure out how to slow down specific sections of video. Will I just have to cough up the dough for an advanced program for stuff like that?

Your accuracy on your infantry classes and your refusal to use aircraft are two separate issues, the former I was not referring to. Playtime in a specific vehicle is a stat in and of itself.
  8. Noooooch

I have my render at 90% and it's fine, but whatever you like as long as it's 1080p, 60fps, even in the biggest fights. As far as your audio goes, what you hear in game is what your audience will hear in your videos, so you're gonna have to turn up the fx if you want the audio to be legit.

For movie maker, you'd have to right click the clip, and SPLIT the clip into different parts, and slow down the specific spot you want to slowmo, although you don't get much options for anything, it's very basic.

Edit - you can buy a program if you like but there's alternatives... Like Pirated Software
  9. haldolium

Yeah I know that YT does re-encode, so the question is how to feed it so that you reach the topmost quality. Thanks for the video, but it shows clearly a huge amount of compression artifacts, even in many in static areas (although quite a lot of UI elements in PS2 are semin-transparent, glowing outlines etc.) which should be avoided at all costs imo.

The thing is, you can have extreme quality on YT as well (even below 4k nature documentaries :D) so I am wondering why especially PS2 videos *usually* look like ****.

Well, guess I have to test it out myself. No proper setup for that though sadly.
  10. Reclaimer77

I notice that while live streaming is sweeping across the gaming landscape, Planetside2 players stick to highly edited "look at me" killstreak type videos like these.

It's a lot easier to make yourself look like an MLG when you can cut out all the times you got stomped or did something stupid.

I'm surprised Gundem left that first engagement in the video. The one showing his poor infantry awareness as he passed up the active threat that killed him and a teammate, so he could shoot an AFK infil in the head for the easy kill.
  11. Iridar51

Any fast pacing gaming videos will look bad, because it's harder to efficiently encode rapid changes between frames. Youtube probably encodes at constant bitrate, and when neighboring frames are vastly different from each other, this will inevitably summon encoding artifacts, because bitrate limit isn't enough to transmit all the changes between frames.

How to get good quality on youtube - my guess would be to initially compress the video close to youtube's recommended bitrate, but using a "high" encoding profile. Basically, spend extra time encoding the video on your PC, because when youtube will be reencoding, I doubt they will use maximum quality / longest encode time profile. Ain't got no time for dat.

Another way is to "cheat" the youtube into allocating more bandwidth (higher bitrate) to your video. Mostly this is done by rendering in higher frame size and frame rate than video actually is.

For example, even if your recording is 30 FPS, render it as 60 FPS to get higher bandwidth. And if it's only 1080p, you can render it as 1440p or 2160p, and tell people specifically to watch that version.

I haven't actually done any experiments, this is all just speculation, but at least a place to start besides just googling "how to get good quality on youtube".
  12. Poppington

I always appreciate videos that show the player being bad, because we all are sometimes. I also appreciate videos showing that player doing easy things to get large killstreaks, as long as they are interesting. Yesterday, for example, I got into a lucky position where I was in a corner that was behind enemy lines as a heavy. A minute and 12 kills later, their line was broken, and all I did was stand still in a hidden corner and farm. I should have been seen, I was not skilled, and I was lucky - but damn was it entertaining.
  13. Gundem

Sure I make mistakes, everyone does. And I included that because unlike some, I admit that I'm not perfect. But it shouldn't detract from my gameplay as a whole(Which currently, I haven't posted anything that is legitimately indicative of my normal gameplay).

As for the guy with the BR that killed me, I honestly don't see how that is a poor death. I checked the video, and I don't see him at all on my way up the stairs, and when he did start shooting me I was in the middle of a hectic firefight. My mind was less on "Is there someone behind me?" as it was "AW **** LOTTA GUYS LOTTA GUNS GOTTA GO PEWPEWPEW". Unless you can see him on my way up the stairs, in which I'd like you to point out where because I can't find a place where you can. Obviously it was a mistake to engage that many people at once in the first place, my second mistake was not ensuring that the stairwells were safe before I engaged the people at the terminal landing.

But really, I don't want to have an emphasis on sick mlg killstreaks or stuff like that. My real hope is to eventually create a series that deconstructs the aspects of various highly successful gaming franchises, and finds out what makes them tick. It's just that currently, I've been doing mostly PS2, but later I'd like to do some stuff for War Thunder, Team Fortress 2, and Hawken as well.