[Suggestion] Moving Targets at the VR Range?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CovertYank, Jan 25, 2016.

1. CovertYank

I've always thought this would be useful after seeing moving targets in BF4's shooting range. It's helped me a lot when it comes to hitting moving targets. Why not have them in Planetside 2?

Maybe have some jogging on the outskirts of the VR while some others are sprinting? Sure you can say, "Hey, you can train on the battlefield, get some experience that way!" But.

No.

That's stupid.

What do you guys think?
    • Up x 1
  2. Benton582

Great for someone to think up of what I thought the first few minutes when I went into VR.
  3. Tiili

You can train aiming at bots in any single player FPS ever made :) This game doesn't have bot AI, and would require plenty of work from the developers to create something that's pretty much useless for PVP.

Aiming is just putting your crosshair on a target you want to shoot at, it's the same in every FPS game ever made.

Just stick to training on the battlefield, that way you will learn about positioning, awareness, mindgames and aiming on the move while being shot at.
  4. CovertYank

No, but seriously...every game is made up differently. Every game has a different feel to it, a different flow. When jumping to one FPS to another, it takes time to get re-used to how everything works, from the recoil of your weapon, to the spread and velocity of bullets. Every FPS is not entirely the same. It's like saying COD is just the same as Red Orchastra or Halo. Two FPS games that are totally different in every aspect.

Planetside 2 does not have a single player (Obviously) so I have no idea why you think that would solve the problem. And if you're putting your cross hairs on a target and firing without aiming, you're doing it wrong. As the wise say, practice makes perfect. Why not learn how to do these things in safety, rather than in a actual fight that could be detrimental to the capture or defense of a base?

And I'm not suggesting this for myself, I'm suggesting this for newer players.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I wish emotes would die already.
  5. Tiili

Well, you're suggesting something that's really hard to implement into this engine, and every FPS is essentially the same, so if you are having trouble following a target with your crosshair, you can learn that in any other FPS because it's simply about dragging your mouse across the pad.

Of course recoil patterns and such differ between games and weapons, but the first shot often connects with the center of your crosshair if the target is in your weapons optimal range.

Why do you think this would help new players? If they're here to learn FPS basics, they're gonna get better faster if they just stick to shooting people instead of bots with predictable patterns.
  6. CovertYank

How do you know it's really hard to implement? Fact of the matter is, neither of us know if its hard or not. Because we don't work their, and we've never worked with their engine before personally. You don't know if its hard to implement or not, so stop saying that. And the only thing "essentially the same about every FPS is the concept of shooting = kill. That's really it. I don't care if you don't want to admit it, but the truth is, every FPS is different (Not including obvious FPS games that are similar because of the developers/engine behind them: Titanfall = COD with mechs.)

And with that statement, you seem to not understand the whole point of me SUGGESTING this be implemented. For most people, even me, my first shot will not hit the target when I am down the sights (Seriously, stop saying crosshairs, your making me worry that your just going around hip firing.) This is about moving targets, not stationary.

And yes, it'll help a ton. Trust me. The learning curve is already difficult for newer players. Giving newbie's the chance to practice each and every scenario (This includes moving targets) would be very helpful for both them and vet's alike. And I only know a few Infil players that can head shot (Or even just plainly hit) a moving target after months of play time on em'.

Either way, both your suggestion and mine could prove to be just as helpful. But this is a just a small thing to implement. I'm not slamming down the hammer sayin "DBG GET IT DONE, NOW!" No...I never went of like that. So then why are you so quick to put down my suggestion as if its just another NERF thread?
  7. haldolium

• Up x 2
  8. Bindlestiff

/endthread
    • Up x 2
  9. CovertYank

Hard to implement my ***.
    • Up x 1