Please fix the auto-respawn system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vectore, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Vectore

Why would auto-respawn bring me to the sundy below the biolab instead of the spawn room?
    Why would auto-respawn bring me to the base next to the one I'm fighting at?
    Why would auto-respawn bring me to the sundy at the other side of the hill instead of the one next to the base?

Seriously I don't want the game to decide where I should spawn at. Just spawn me at where I started, and if the spawn is dead, just tell me auto-respawn is not available and please manually select a spawn point. This is also to help some fresh meats who get autospawn into random stupidly-placed sundy behind enemy spawn and get roflstomp by c4 fairies and farming cheeselord.
    • Up x 1
  2. NinjaKirby

I've personally never used auto-respawn because after every death I feel the battlefield must be quickly examined for best possible entry... to a certain degree, what the OP asks for supports to that end too (at least more-so then what the current system apparently does for you), thus in-turn I support the OP's request.

Although, I would personally encourage people not to use it altogether ;)
  3. DooDooBreff

you can just choose your own spawn point right? am i missing something here?
  4. Azawarau

It once warped me from a TR battle on the top right side of the map to a VS one on the top left

Literally across the map

This is why i usually dont just spam click
    • Up x 3
  5. haldolium

Far worse though is the fact that squad respawn in provided vehicles is unreliable and spawns you at random locations way too often.

Auto-respawn takes the nearest spawn instead of the last one usually, which sucks but at least is somewhat coherent.
    • Up x 1
  6. Archard

Auto Spawn has a habit of throwing me across the map to a fight that is literally seconds from being lost.

I end up needing to redeploy more often than not when I use it.
    • Up x 2
  7. Vectore

I just got auto-warped from crux mining operation (northeast warpgate of amerish) to auraxis firearm corps (near raven landing) this evening. Either auto-respawn should be remove or at least fixed it to previous spawn. A lot of time the battle is way too tight and I press auto-respawn without looking, and got teleported into defending a base with 1 allies and 2 enemies.
  8. Vectore

yeah, since auto-respawn is so annoying i just ignored it. But a lot of people are just too lazy to check the map, and i feel it should be fixed or removed altogether. Once on briggs an entire zerg got warped into another area because of auto-respawn, which pissed me up and I ragequitted for a while (the only time i ragequitted in 6 months).
  9. Pfundi

He really is asking for:
    Do something against those ********* that place a sundie below a Bio Lab
    • Up x 2
  10. Vectore

or behind enemy spawn room
    or right outside of enemies' vehicle terminal
    As much as I TK sh*tty sundies, the numbers of people whose brains lack logic-thinking capability is increased outrageously.
  11. Pfundi

Its not that they cant think, its the fact that the Auto Spawn rewards them with XP for placing them there
    • Up x 1
  12. Vectore

another way to piss off the newbs and make them leave the games.