[Suggestion] Make medics get revive points when they complete the circle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Akashar, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Akashar

Not when the guy choses to be revived. You're a medic, you did your job, if the guy choses the easy way out, well, that's not yours to chose. But I think this kind of oddity can make people think that medic is not such a good class to play to get exp.

So, as soon as you complete the revive circle on someone, xp!

What do you think?
    • Up x 8
  2. Lord_Avatar

Makes sense.
    • Up x 1
  3. Reclaimer77

Umm no. You didn't "do your job" if someone doesn't want to get revived just to die again. Sometimes you guys revive people knowing they will just die again, just so you can farm directives.
  4. SpartanPsycho

This post doesn't cover the OP's full spectrum of discussion.
  5. SpartanPsycho

This change would be fair and would encourage medics to do their job more.
    • Up x 1
  6. Akashar

Yeah but even if some medics do work this way, you can still refuse to be revived...
    Nobody is losing if we do push this change, while today you sometimes work your *** hard to revive people only to see them disappear because reasons.
  7. Liewec123

sure but make it once per revive
    (I.E you can't spam it repeatedly on the same dead guy to get thousands of xp, you get it once until they next fall down.)
    • Up x 2
  8. FLHuk

exploitable, no reason to make this change this late in.
  9. Taemien

I'd like a reverse of this idea.

You get points when you revive someone in your squad, but not outside the squad. Same with engie repairs, and other support actions. Let the non-squaded peeps focus on cert farming by killing with a LA or HA. Let the support elements only get exp from helping squad/platoonmates. And increase those rewards to compensate.

Lets be honest. Pubbie medics usually rez you with an uncerted tool and bad moments.
  10. XanIves

if it's an uncerted tool, you would be able to tell by the eternity it takes them to revive you. And even if it is low, they're usually ready with their left click to heal you to full anyway, so unless your corpse is lying in a fire lane, being camped by enemies, you're probably fine. Rez grenades are worse than uncerted med tools, because people throw rez grenades into areas too dangerous for the medic to reach, which is usually somewhere too dangerous for your corpse to be suddenly standing up in as well.
    • Up x 1
  11. Shiaari

Sounds legit to me.

Make it so.
  12. Dennisz125

I like this idea, but here's the better idea,
    Full circle when reviving,50 xp ,when he accepted it, another 50 xp to you thus you get 100 xp instead of 0 xp when he decided to go somewhere.
    • Up x 1
  13. Taemien

When they revive me, it blocks my squadmate from reviving me. It'd be nice if the superior revive trumped the inferior one.

I'd rather stick to just squadmates only. Not giving rewards sounds like a good way to do this. The pubbies sticking to DPS/Killing classes also helps alot more than them sucking with support classes.

At least they'll get a kill or two instead of doing useless support.
  14. Archard

Making it squadmate only is an incredibly stupid idea that would just encourage even more medics to ignore people who could use the revive.

Getting experience for going through the full motions would be nice, but I'd also like it if the tool would ignore people who are already prepped to revive. A lot of times you can't pick everyone up until the guy on top of the pile gets a move on.
    • Up x 3
  15. Mxiter

a good medic rez people and keep them alive until they're full life & get shield fully recovered.

25xP at full circle and 100xp when full life + fully shielded.

Good medics should be rewarded, not bad ones.
  16. Moridin6

too
    much
    logic
  17. Taemien

That's the idea. I don't want revives from pubbies. I want revives from squadmates. Three reasons:

1. I know my squad medic won't rez me when it doesn't matter.
    2. I want my squad medics getting the credit for it.
    3. It encourages support classes to squad up, those who don't can just go kill stuff.

At the very least give us an option to be untargetable by non-squaded medics.
  18. Akashar

That's really, really weird honestly, if you're untargetable and your mate gets shot, what happens? You'll see a friendly medic try to revive your for a while then give up, lol. Anyway this has nothing to do with the topic, do you like the idea I brought forth or not? Independantly of if they ever do the change you are asking?
  19. Archard

If you don't want a revive from them then either decline or get over it. There's no other way around that, and there never will be.

Those who aren't squaded up can, and should be encouraged to, heal/revive anyone who needs it. It is a very valuable source of experience for them and helpful support to everyone else. Taking it away from them would only hurt the game and everyone else playing more than it would "help" you or your squad.

1) If your squad medic won't revive you when it doesn't matter, why does it matter? CMs have "Combat" as the first part of their name for a reason. They have exclusive access to Assault Rifles for the same reason. If a random player is helping them make use of the other half of their class then you should thank them.
    2) It is their responsibility to get the credit for support. Wanting them to get it is great, but it is entirely up to them.
    3) Already covered above.

Sorry if any of this sounds hostile (text doesn't convey tone well), but the idea of restricting support to "Squad only" is just too stupid to let live.

The only part where I agree with you is how annoying it is if an unmaxed tool is used and they don't bother to top you off. I just blame that on inexperience or the battle getting out of hand.

Putting that all aside: I like the idea Akashar. Mentioned this a couple of times before, but it would also be nice if it shut off the Auto Spawn when we start getting revived. Always hate to see that revival notice pop up right when Auto Spawn kicks in.
    • Up x 1
  20. Taemien

As I said before, when a non-squaded medic starts the revive it BLOCKS my squadmate from reviving. That's the issue. Even if my friend has a superior tool, he's blocked. I pretty much have to decline and maybe he can do it again, but by that time too much time has passed for the rez to mean anything in the fight.

Non-squaded support classes is an oxymoron in itself. If you're not squaded, you're not really supporting. I'd prefer if they just used their primary weapons instead of padding points supporting that which either doesn't need it, or in a terrible way.

Ideally I think lone wolves should just go HA or LA. They're more 'useful' that way. They might get a kill or two, and not get other's killed.

At the very least, if we're going to give medics exp for completing the circle as the OP suggested. Give people like me the ability to cancel their rez immediately so we can have someone else do it if we don't recognize the name as a squadmate or friend.