[VIDEO] Beginners Tutorial on Air to Ground ESF

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ReNz0r, Jan 18, 2016.

1. CorporationUSA

I meant it takes 3 of them to destroy it.

What bug is that?
  2. FunBotan

WAT
    I'm getting needled down by some BR100 skyknight within a minute after takeoff! There's simply no airspace on Cobalt excluding the middle of Hossin.
    And sky isn't the only problem. On the ground the number of vets is overwhelming as well.
    I agree about the lack of fresh blood, but for an opposite reason: currently Cobalt is BR100Side.
  3. Jamuro

@Fire sup "bug": nope 25% is what it heals no bug or anything

@FunBotan:
    Well a handfull of good pilots will usually absolutly dominate the sky and give you the impression that it's filled with br100 skyknights ... but truth be told, the number of people i used to see up there on a regular basis has shrunk considerably.

Even just a year ago the sky was filled with a lot more dedicated pilots and the lack of pilots overall and especially experienced ones is also why you get the impression that there are so many.

Let me try to explain:
    More people in the air ... and more important more people that could stand more or less toe to toe with the best, meant that those pilots duked it out between themselfs or got their share of fun/blood faster and without killing the same guy over and over.

Nowadays you have to travel accross the whole continent and all warpgates several times before you find a good fight (i don't count lolpoders that crash the second you look at them funny) ... which also means that if you are only one of the few guys in the sky that are actually worth a fight then you ll get visited by the friendly A2A esf fairy over and over.

Edit:
    Also you are trident ... which means you have no nosegun and a tendency to die pretty easy ... and if i poke you often enough you get a whole platoon of your buddies in the air for me to kill.
    (seriously tough ... please train your new pilots a bit more ... it's long past the point where it was fun to watch)
  4. ReNz0r

i never claimed to be an ace pilot and i do win my share of dogfights that means there are more than just proes in the air
  5. Dualice

Feels like I see less of them on NC, but generally, yeah I'd agree.

It's when we start seeing a preponderence of BR120s that we need to be really concerned :p
  6. ReNz0r

fortunately BR is only a matter of time spend in game. Ofc time equals experience but it doesnt mean new people cant win. The air game might be a bit of a problem though
  7. VXMorte

Thanks for the vids ReNz0r, keep up the good work and play.
    Looking forward to seeing you on the field next.
  8. ReNz0r

thanks a lot for the backup man I will! Thanks to some subscribers and other commentors on reddit and here i learned a few kewl tricks connected with hornets that im going to share in a video prolly tomorrow so stay tuned!
  9. zaspacer

Most players hate some other player group. And most players only blame the group they hate, and never consider (or care about) the group that hates and blames them. I am probably only still playing because I can pull an ESF to deal with the group I hate, but I fully recognize that many people hate me when I use the ESF.

I can totally appreciate that A2G is very frustrating to you. It probably doesn't help that Air is often very powerful (I consider it my Super Flying Squirrel Exoskeleton), hard to counter by the average player, and extremely difficult to learn to use well. Though I would point out that most Units being played at this stage in PS2's lifecycle are the kings of the food pyramid of OP, and that each exerts high levels of frustration on various other players. At this stage in PS2, if you are *not* playing an OP Unit/Tactic/etc., you are probably getting hosed.

And there are many times (espcially during higher usage times) when Pops or Terrain make flying an ESF weak and a deathtrap. At those times, do you consider or care how much those ESFs are frustrated?

SOE/DBG do not do Balance. "Sidegrades" is a sales pitch myth. Enjoy the fiery wreck of PS2 for what it is (if you can), until it's your turn to exit for reasons of unplayability or hitting bottom on no confidence in Dev's plans/direction or any other number of other irreconcilable differences.
  10. Reclaimer77

OP is scum in my opinion. Why would you want to help more people groundspam? And why even bother with a tutorial?

Here's what you do:

1. Point nose at ground
    2. Press down trigger
    3. ???
    4. Profit

I mean, it's not that hard to use OP rockets in your OP ESF against helpless infantry. Why you would want to encourage this playstyle...I don't know. But I hope you have some bad Karma coming your way.
  11. ReNz0r

i even dont know how to respond that a post like that, you call me scum because i explore a gamestyle presented to me in ps2 oh im sorry i dont fit in to your describtion of what the game is.