A little bit of infantry balance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Oberoth234, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Oberoth234

Every player in every faction should get 1 slot every 20.BR where he can equip 1 infantryweapon from any other faction he had bought with real money.
    This slot should be assignable with 1 weapon that could not be changed without buying a respec token to change it so that noone can change it anytime he wants.
    With this system nobody can say anymore that the other factions infantry weapons are OP because he only has to buy the weapons with real money to play with them himselfe.
    And of course the prices of the weapons should be a little bit increased.
  2. DooDooBreff

youre kidding right?
    • Up x 2
  3. CipherNine

Shotguns on my ZOE MAX? Hell yeah
  4. DeadlyOmen

Any mention of balance in a game that has no immutable rules of physics and infinite numbers of combat variables is complete and utter nonsense.

Nonsense, I tell you.
    • Up x 2
  5. DooDooBreff

its more about increasing cert prices being nonsense
  6. SamReye

Uh... no. :confused:
    • Up x 2
  7. Azawarau

His idea is bad

You starting this assumption that balancing is impossible with planetside is even more ridiculous .-.
  8. Scr1nRusher

This idea is so bad, I cannot even.
    • Up x 2
  9. DeadlyOmen

Tell me how to balance a game that has no physical laws and an infinite number of asymmetrical possible combat occurrences.
  10. FateJH

By changing values in code, paying special attention for the emergence or refinement of a set of goals that we have defined (and may have redefined). In the real world, the feather and the hammer always fall at the same rate unimpeded; we can't do anything about that. In the game, we can make the feather accelerate faster than the hammer, as expediently as we like. We could even make them head in opposing directions.

What we, as players, get ensnared with is not the methodology of balance but the definition of the goals.
    • Up x 5
  11. Eternaloptimist

What has this suggestion got to do with balance? Balance is innate, it's something that is built-in. Whilst I don't have a view about the suggestion I think it is about people who can afford it having more choices and not about anything else. 'Balance' is the new jargon word for 'Choice' it seems............(or 'Advantage' when people use it to argue for their favourite weapon to be buffed, or the one that kills them a lot to be nerfed)
  12. SwornJupiter

Lock-down raven maxes... pls no no no no no and no.
    • Up x 1
  13. DeadlyOmen

And therein lies the rub. The are so many variables that the goal cannot be defined absolutely. Thus, the goal is defined by the most vociferous, not the most reasonable.

In a vacuum (even this physical reality is affected by variables, but an immutable equation is the foundation of the event).

Arbitrarily.

Well put. A perfect arena for the crybully.
  14. Reclaimer77

It was pretty cool in Planetside 1 that dead players dropped their backpack and you could actually equip weapons from other factions.

However I don't think the OP's idea is the best way of replicating that experience.
  15. asmodraxus

Simple, make it so you can switch load outs with corpses like in Call of Duty.

When the other two empires see how bad x weapon is, or how good y weapon is it might make calls for balancing them easier.
  16. Garrum

All I can think of is the total ****ification of infantry combat once all three sides are fielding the Cyclone.
  17. Lord_Avatar

Boy am I thinking termination...

No. Bad idea.
  18. Goldmonk

I can see it now, fields of Heavies armed with nothing but Orions and Battlegooses......Sweet Baby Jeebus, that's a ******* nightmare.
  19. CapperDeluxe

Nah, defeats the purpose of them actually balancing using perfect imbalance.

Though it would be cool if it could be like in Planetside 1 where you could nab the gun from an enemy and use it against them until the next time you respawn with your own gear :)
  20. OldMaster80

This sounds a little "planetside 1 flavored" :D

Personally I don't think we need such a radical change because infantry balancing is not so bad as many pretend to be. In particular on pts where HA shield has been seriously changed.
    Of course Max units are still a painful argument even if things got slightly better since mines can harm them, 50% discount has gone and the Archer is in the game.

Honestly I think the ground vs air situation could use instead more attention.