Leadership Map Drawing Tool

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Jan 1, 2016.

1. HadesR

2. Colonelveers12

TWIG N BERRIES TWIG N BERRIES EVERYWHERE
    • Up x 1
  3. DooDooBreff

incoming weinerside
  4. PKSpark

I remember when i asked this a long time ago and replies were dongs and wtf.

Thanks DBG for the feature!

Once that drawing tool implemented it will open many opportunities...
    Your own drawing camos, decals, your own banner canvas, unique colors like iridescent, holographic, metallic
  5. XanIves

If I recall correctly, this was implemented a couple years ago after being subsequently removed, and it basically allowed flourishing artists to draw dicks on every square inch of the map until you can't even see the hexes.
  6. Gundem

But if only SL/PL has access to it, it shouldn't be a problem.

SL Drawing dicks? Leave squad.

PL drawing dicks? Leave platoon.
  7. toast2250

Wow! Nice!

I'm glad their simply moving forward with this already, ffs!

Its easy as pie to add a check box to simply disable the map drawings if you don't like them.
  8. SW0V

Wow! I've been thinking about posting a suggestion with exactly this feature in mind but figured "Bah, too complicated it will never get implemented"... I'm so happy right now!

Finally you'll be able to give better instructions than "enemy sunderer on yellow smoke".

2 things I would suggest.
    1. allow the drawings to be squad specific/platoon specific or for everyone in the area (like squad/platoon/proxy chat)
    2a. If you 'mute/ignore' someone, remove the ability to see their map-doodles.
    2b. Allow players to right click on a map-doodle and 'mute/ignore' the player that drew said map-doodle.
  9. Jamuro

one or two things ...

different color coding for platoon /squad leaders (but it looks like that's at least somewhat possible with the shown interface)

the ability for platoon/squad leaders to give drawing rights to SPECIFIC squadmembers and ofc the ability for platoon leaders to remove said from squadleaders and squadleaders -> members.
  10. QQmore

This game has needed this since release. I await this with great anticipation.
  11. xMaxdamage

when I see these kind of stuff being worked on by devs I ask myself if they have any sort of idea on how to reach new players or keep the old ones playing. don't get me wrong, I like this little fluffy tunings here and there but to me the big PS2 problem has always been the lack of player-driven exp gain modifiers, which is the reason why understanding the game is so hard for new players who can't rely on squad/platoon leaders "teaching" them how to play by placing an increased-exp-gain point of interest on critical objectives such as enemy sunderers, generators etc. seeing how paid dev's time is not being used to implement something that should have been in the game since launch makes me feel really uncertain about the future of the game.
  12. \m/SLAYER\m/

i don't always see waypoints, but i hope nc babies will love to drawing tools
  13. Jamuro

well now at least a squadleader will be able to point out what he wants a bit better ... sure squad driven missions would be lovly (and were promised to us ... like so many things a long long time ago) but for now i ll gladly take fluff ... especially since leadership tools have been ignored for so long.