Thoughts after my Return

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnGalt36, Dec 22, 2015.

1. JohnGalt36

After not playing for a few months, since right after the new harasser weapons were added, I played the last few days, both tanking and flying.

It seems like the Harasser spam is a little better, aside from the Gatekeeper spam. While I was flying yesterday on Indar, I saw a pod of like 12 Gatekeeper Harassers with a Skyguard. It seems a little absurd. I mean, I like that fewer people are running around with Vulcan-H's, but jesus... thumpthuthumpthuthump

Liberator spam seems worse. Every time a pulled a tank on Saturday, it ended up getting killed by a cloud of Liberators.

I think the vehicle game is still very unbalanced and it's not very fun to tank. However, I did have a lot of fun flying. I might just have to be a full-time pilot now. I got my gold directive for my Reaver and I'm looking forward to aruax.

Overall, it's good to be back.
    • Up x 2
  2. Shockwave44

There's no such thing as spam in a game that encourages this.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  3. Gundem

It's not limited to Liberator spam, don't get caught up in that idea. It's aircraft spam in general. Next time you get swamped by aircraft, check your population in that hex. I would bet money that you are either highly underpopulated or the aircraft are attempting a lightning-strike attack and will probably get taken out pretty fast.
    • Up x 1
  4. JohnGalt36

I don't know, there were a bunch of fights where 3 or 4 libs rolled in on a 24 v 24 fight with no ESF's and just daltoned everything in sight.
  5. Gundem

Well sadly that fight size is generally the optimum for most pilots. It's suicide to attack higher population and lower population more often is just ghost-capping or base-hoppers with no real vehicles. It's one of the main issues with Aircraft, they are excluded from large fights but dominate smaller ones.
    • Up x 1
  6. JohnGalt36

I think it's more a problem with Liberators. I can take ESF's in a small fight with my Vanguard, but I'm pretty helpless against a Lib at skybox just raining Dalton rounds.
  7. Scr1nRusher

Walker or ranger?

Also the liberators job/role is the A2G aircraft.
  8. JustBoo

I'd very much like to see that someday. Total Chaos. Sweet.
    • Up x 1
  9. JohnGalt36

That just tickles them.
    That would be all well and good if G2A was a thing, but you have to have a squad of libs to fight a squad of libs. You don't have to have a squad of anything else to defeat any other vehicle.

This is an old argument, though.
  10. Gundem

Then tell me, why does the Liberator have a wide array of A2A weapons and the ESF has a wide array of A2G weapons?

Because the Liberator isn't "The A2G vehicle", it's a 3-man VtoL Heavy Fighter. The ESF is actually a 1-man VtoL Light Fighter.

There are plenty of solo, ground and air, based options to deal with Liberators. Ranging from Walker/Ranger Harassers to render-plinking ESF's, the idea that it requires an entire squad, or even any teamwork for that matter, is false.
  11. WeRelic

No, you don't. Pull an ESF and hit them from render range. They're literally helpless from those ranges, even if they have a phenomenal tail gunner.
    • Up x 1
  12. JohnGalt36

OK, I was just offering up my thoughts coming back. I'm not going to get into the Liberator argument. I was originally just commenting on the fact that I noticed a ton of them compared to last time I played.

Liberators are fine. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  13. Mxiter

Libs are fine: it's just a vehicle with the best firepower, 2nd highest mobility,heavily armored and total lack of hard counter wich gave it an insane skill ceiling.

It"s only saving grace is relatively high skill floor; at least for casual players.
    • Up x 2
  14. LodeTria

Tanks are something you pull when you know there are a lot of vehicles around. Don't bother pulling them otherwise and use a liberator/ESF instead, since it can relocate to another fight so much faster.

Tanks don't have the cheapness of harassers or sunderers to be disposed of when they are no longer needed, and the travel times are too long and fa too exposed to air to bother.
    • Up x 1
  15. AngusPrime

If you're on Connery, odds are you can thank 90% of Vanu airspam to DonAlfago.
    • Up x 3
  16. JohnGalt36

Yeah. I just drive/fly away when I see the Don Scytheball. No thank you. Even if you manage to take a couple of them down in a Skyguard, they will just bail and C4 you from the sky. :rolleyes:
  17. Gundem

Render Plink ESF, a technique so easy even you could do it.

No hard counters my ***.
  18. JohnGalt36

Even Hellen Keller could just run away to friendly territory or WG in a lib getting "plinked" at by an ESF. Anything you can just fly away from casually is not a hard counter. If there were an equivalent to getting one-clipped by a tankbuster, C4 Fairy insta****ted, trashed by a Dalton, Tankmined, or shredded by a Vulcan Harasser, I would agree with you.

Plinking is not a hard counter. It is a deterrent at best against anyone with a triple-digit IQ.

Edit: I told myself I wasn't going to get sucked into this stupid argument again. Oh well.
    • Up x 1
  19. Gundem

ESF can trash a Liberator, it's just a higher skill counter then "hold M1, acquire certs".

It's actually about as hard as taking out an MBT with a Vulcan harasser. Dangerous, yes, but kills quick. Only the best part is that a skilled ESF puts himself in even less danger depending on how he/she fly's.

I suppose this is the point where we "agree to disagree". I've given you options, it's your choice to use them or not.
  20. JohnGalt36

I killed a few libs in my Reaver last night, but they all just sat there. All they have to do is AB away. There is almost nothing you can do against a skilled lib pilot.

But yes, we will have to agree to disagree.
    • Up x 1