Redesigning the valkyrie

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PKSpark, Dec 17, 2015.

1. PKSpark

I get why so many players are apprehended getting in one...
    Lately been playing with valks with pals, we found, the painful way, many things restricting its true potential.
    The side two reactors create conflicts (mostly engie-medic should goes there but the HAs in 3-4 won't move),
    add to this the top wings, cumulated with lag, makes bullets and explosive teamkill systematic.

All seats could use their weapons without accidental tk with an updated design!
    Does any other game or movie have proofed valk models?
  2. sustainedfire

Are there problems with the Valkyrie?

Yes.

Will the problems be addressed?

Probably not.
  3. sustainedfire

It's a shame, because at times the Valkyrie can be fun.

Though essentially it's just a Ballon for the enemy to pop.

I have tried all manner of methods to make the Valkyrie fun and viable. I have it fully certed. I have regular, reliable gunners.

I have tried using multiple passengers to form an attack vehicle. It's resulted in a lot of exploded Valkyrie, not so many exploded enemies.

Once when I was a passenger, I was playing as a heavy with striker, c4 and av nades. At a crucial moment in a dual with a Vanguard, we tilted so I was directly in line with the tOP of the Vanguard, and I tossed my AV grenade.

Instead of the grenade traveling straight out to the Vanguard, it stuck to the Val hull unbenonst to us, and we popped thanks to the Val design.

It was a clear shot, no visible portion of the Val was in the path to the Vanguard. The Val is just too fickle to be truely fun and usable.
  4. PKSpark

If you have high lag and you throw a nade, it's possible you should have received from the server an update stipulating your valk have flipped in an instant, but come to you too late (lag), so you have thoses tk situations.
    On my part i avoid using stuff like lockon and phoenix in shaking context, guaranteed tk

Updating the side reactors and wings positions is crucial for the valk popularity, it will not fix tk lag but makes valks much more enjoyable