[Vehicle] Taking down a Magrider

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SilentObserver01, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Atis

Try aiming.
  2. \m/SLAYER\m/

it's only half-truth, you must reach him (i bet if there Margider around, VS holding Tech Plant, so you need 10 more mins to reach battlefield).
    you can try with c4+Flash combo - it cheaper than Vanguard, and way more fun...
  3. tijolo

"I'm losing so everything is at fault but me."
  4. Greiztoph

Today I walked up to a magrider while the driver was repairing it, dropped three tank mines and shot them.... sometimes the most difficult things can be that easy.
  5. Taemien

How to kill a Magrider with a Vanguard:

Sneeze on it.
  6. Booface

Also, something to keep in mind is that a Magrider goes backwards very slowly. If a Magrider wants to retreat, they have to show their rear armor. Use that to your advantage, and as soon as one looks a bit antsy push on them aggressively so they have no way to break line of sight.
  7. bLind db

You underestimate the number of complete ******* idiots playing this game that think standing still when being shelled by a prowler 500m away is a solid gameplan.

The prowler shouldn't be nerfed because stupid people are stupid.
  8. Jacques Cayton II

Umm a rival chasis mag can go 50 khp backwards at a 45°
  9. Towie

Oh no it can't. Oh yes it can. Oh no it can't. Oh yes it can.

Right - that's the pantomime joke out the way, the truth is - oh no it can't. It can only just about break 50 going forwards.

On level ground, a Rival 3 can do about 42KPH in reverse - going backwards up a steep hill slows it down considerably (or even stops it).

However, it is the fastest MBT at going backwards - even the zippy Prowler can only muster about 32KPH, porky Vanguard struggles to 29KPHish. Both are faster going forwards though.

Oh and if you're going backwards, it's usually a bad situation - it's behind you. Oh no it isn't.
  10. Jacques Cayton II

With rival going at a 45 angle backwards or forwards you go 50 kph and 54 kph respectively. True going STRAIGHT forward and backward will give you those speeds
    Test it because if you want I can prove it
  11. Towie

Ahh - I read 45° to mean the angle of the hill (incline), not the angle of the Magrider itself ! I've been drinking too much of the Christmas spirit me thinks...
  12. KaletheQuick

Mag needs the old Saron back. It was wonderful. An actual tank gun.

If they nerfed it a bit in durability, kept weapons the same, and gave it an idle cloak, it would be a cool ambusher. Otherwise it's a POS. It's mountain climbing cartwheel powers are directly at odds with it's suitability. as when perched on a mountain, it cannot dodge.
  13. Mxiter

most of people already have 50% accuracy to hit the general mass past 150m and you ask to hit the exact center of the mass until 300m?

sure it's possible to hit a strafing magrider at those range (with impressive aiming skills and luck), but it's mobility reduce virtually by a large amout its hitbox wich makes it way more evasive than other tanks that most of time are immobile due to inferior stabilization.
  14. Gundem

Except it's not that hard. Play like a normal tank, stop when you are about to fire. Put your cursor on the cockpit of the Magrider, the turret if from a longer distance, and press M1. Magrider, hit.
  15. Pat22

Unfortunately, moving backwards at an angle means the Magrider can't fire back at its opponent due to its fixed turret position, making its 50kph angled reverse speed pretty irrelevant. The Vanguard and Prowler will both still move forwards towards the Magrider at a greater speed while retaining their ability to fire their main guns at it.
  16. Atorum

I love seeing Magrider in action, makes me think, were devs on full ****** mode or high when they implemented it in the game?
    Compared to other factions is basically GOD mode, its like, you just cant be bad at it, like almost impossible.
  17. Gundem

[IMG]
  18. Atorum

Truth hurts much?
  19. Gundem

Hurts my sides, maybe.