Restoration Kits: How much do they heal?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarII, Dec 4, 2015.

1. DarkStarII

What is the heal rate and how long do the last?

I've heard (from outdated info) that they only heal 425 health, but from experience, they heal what seems like more than 500.
  2. LodeTria

It's more than 500 but I couldn't give you an exact amount.
    Still no reason to to not use medkits though.

Dunno about the HP Per second but it feels like it's about 100hp.
  3. DarkStarII

Resto kits are cheaper than medkits.
    25 nanites vs 50 nanites.
    Only reason I use 'em. (I don't spam them like some people)

I don't know why but I'm always very reluctant to use medkits if I'm above half health.
    • Up x 1
  4. Gundem

I'm pretty sure Restore kits heal 650HP, so if you get damaged while you are healing you still get topped off.

As for medkits, I don't think there's any limit, they just heal to full, though I could be wrong. Personally, I have pop'd one after loosing most of my HP, been hit several times in the healing process(So pretty rapidly), and still been taken to full. Perhaps they just heal a very large quantity?
  5. FateJH

That's actually why people consider them a form of abuse. It's not that they heal 500 health but, rather, that they heal to "full." They heal you until you are "full" and any damage that deters from that "full" state, until it is reached once, is also healed away by the medkit. If you guzzle a medkit while under fire, as long as you never hit 0, you will always heal to 500.

If they do have a limit, it doesn't seem like something that can be reached in practical gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  6. Gundem

I'd love to see that in a test environment, a ring of engineers plink someone in tempo while they get have a medkit in use.

Luckily, medkit's don't effect me because my boomstick will blow your HP away regardless of how fast you heal :D
  7. OldMaster80

The fact is Resto Kits simply got no reason to exist: Medikits heal to 100% instantly, Resto Kits heal to let's say 80% and over time.
    It should be the opposite: Medikits heal instantly but up to 80%, Resto Kits heal up 100% but slowly and over time.

And they should have a cooldown of like 20 seconds.

We've been saying this for 3 years but devs keep covering their hears and singing LALALALALALA like autistic children :(
    • Up x 4
  8. Moridin6

but thats the slot where my explosives go
    • Up x 1
  9. Jbn0s0rus

I only use restoration kits. They heal a bit more than full health if i'm correct.

The only reason I never use medkits is because I consider that it's a form of abuse to pop one while being shot at.
    Play fair, people.
  10. DarkStarII

:D
  11. SQPD

I use medkits to minimize "glow time" while healing so you're not as visible for as long. The medkit dance is also stupid. Restokits just leave you glowing like a neon sign for too long.
  12. Taemien

I don't know why you all call it abuse. Officially you're allowed to macro them.

Use a gaming mouse or keyboard to make a macro that switches to the medkit, uses it, then switches back to the primary in one keystroke. If you're curious to how legit it is. You're allowed to use any form of macro as long as you are present on your computer.

This change in Daybreak's policy came as courtesy of the multiboxers in Everquest's progression server. They are going to make everything easy for those individuals that pay 14.99 or 17.99 a month 6x over.
    • Up x 1
  13. AxiomInsanity87

Like any game ever made that frowns on/bans macro use has ever stopped anyone lol.
  14. Crayv

That and things like my keyboard has a macro feature built into it (which I always forget to use). At which point it becomes hardware advantage... which oddly enough players seem to like. Or at least the people who complained their GTX Titans wasn't giving them an advantage back in the days when cloak was more visible on low settings compared to ultra think so
    • Up x 1
  15. Moridin6

sigh..
  16. SQPD

I don't think macros that turn burst fire into full auto are allowed. That being said, macros probably are not allowed.
  17. Taemien

Any macro is allowed. As long as your behind the computer when you fire it off. Course a burst fire macro is going to get you killed more often than not.

They're not going to change the policy as long as they keep getting players to sub with 6 accounts per person in order for someone to multibox on a progression server. That's 6x 14.99 or 6 kronos (17.99 each) each month per person.
  18. Campagne

So you mean to say that if I took an Inquisitor, and used a macro to achieve it's otherwise impossible fire rate, effectively making it an automatic, that'd be completely legit? :eek:

'Cause I've reported players for that many times before.
  19. Taemien

Yep.

And if you need reassurance.. just see how many of them are still playing.
    • Up x 1
  20. Moridin6

smh
    but that scares me, id be the one they Did ban