CRAZY BALANCE RANT: REMOVE SOCCER MOMS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue_Shift, Nov 29, 2015.

1. DeadlyPeanutt

unsportish is a word? at any rate, that is why there ARE no other MMOFPS, and PS2 is dying fast.

Unbalanced fights are boring, both for attackers and defenders. In a 80-20% battle, outnumbered defenders are camped in spawn rooms and attackers are twiddling their thumbs. Personally, I simply don't get into battles with a +20% pop difference. They're pointless. And those are the majority of battles in PS2.

can balance problems in this MMOFPS be corrected? sure, easy to do. Simply don't allow the side with more than 10% pop advantage to spawn in the hex. also eliminate most of the lattice system, allowing people to engage in multiple small to medium battles across the map. If I like tower defense (which i do), i can spawn in any number of available balanced battles.

rant of the day for OP, btw, congrats :)
    • Up x 1
  2. Diilicious

*calmly presses back*
  3. DeadlyPeanutt

i assume that 'rogue' means a casual player who is not in a platoon/squad. 'rogue' is a stupid label to attach to most of the players in PS2, btw.

casual players make up the majority of player base in PS2... and they're leaving fast for the reasons the OP brings up in his over excited way. :)

your sarcasm won't change the fact that OPs point about balance is well taken, and is killing PS2 quickly.
  4. Dennisz125

Hey devs,if you reading this, make people use the same weapons as everybody for a week so we can see if there is a issue with skill of the player or weapons of the Faction
  5. Dirge

Individual skill is perfectly valuable in this game, more so than in most. You just need to L2P.
  6. Beerbeerbeer

Maybe you should go find a one-on-one game if you are so concerned about individual skill.

I don't care how good or gifted one person may be in this game, he or she will eventually get overwhelmed by sheer weight of numbers and if you put yourself in a position where that could happen, it's your own fault.

You signed up for a game that is as dynamic as it can be in an FPS environment. There are no guaranteed 20 vs 20 arenas. Things change constantly, there are no static environments and frankly that is the appeal of this game.

We are all but small cogs in a huge wheel, and our individual contribution to a fight probably doesn't mean squat when taken as a whole. That's what you signed up for. That's what we all signed up for.

I would suggest either redeploying to fights where you have the advantage or find a niche you can exploit in a Zerg. There are many, you just have to know that running head long into a sea of opposing enemies, thinking you are superman and your individual "skill" should prevail is really ********. Well too bad, it just doesn't work that way.
  7. DeadlyPeanutt

that's the appeal of the game that lost 80% of it's player base in a year? some appeal...

OP's point is well taken. I was popping around the front in miller NC today, trying to find a fight worth fighting. about 90% of them were +20% pop imbalance, so I ignored them. the one good fight was back and forth for almost an hour inside the base. the pops were almost exactly 50-50%. defenders ended up winning, but it could have gone either way.

ten minutes of dev time could program hexes to stop spawning players who's pop is +10%, and create good balanced fights all along the front. Lattice should be relaxed so players can spawn in any active battle.

dev have abandoned PS2 and are content to watch it die, however
    • Up x 1
  8. Taemien

You do realize that the OP is probably too young to get the reference?

:D
    • Up x 1
  9. Beerbeerbeer

Well if you find yourself outnumbered by a significant margin, just leave. Chances are there are probably two other bases being attacked at that very moment that has better odds. I always try and find fights where I outnumber the defenders. Just makes it easier and if a base I'm at gets massively outnumbered, I'll leave.

Symmetry in such a game will never be achieved and frankly that would be boring. Who wants a sterile 20 vs 20 every fight. May as well play CoD.

I agree that the Zerg sometimes avoids each other in the quest to win alerts, but even the Zerg gets bored and disperses after swarming two bases farming the same ten people in the spawn room.

I think the warpgate point system lends itself to this imbalanced phenomena. The Zerg will steamroll towards a warp gate and there really isn't an incentive for the opposing team to defend against it, so they rarely do from what I'm seeing.
  10. Shanther

Is there an actual point being made here?
  11. Imp C Bravo

This one time, in band camp, I played Everquest 1. Enchanter. I had a jobz and skillz!
  12. stalkish

So if ive never really played any of those games, but i played Planetside 1, where does that leave me?
    I only ask because your 'requirements' are games that arnt really anything like PS1 or 2.
    Why should Planetside become something else to please you?
    Especially when you consider how you've just listed 4 games you prefer and already have available to yourself, dont you think its a bit selfish to want all games to adhere to your idea of 'cool'?
    Dont you also think its a bit sad and pathetic to rant hard that you dont enjoy a game, instead of simply not playing it?

Also Farmville?? Really?? thats an old one. If your going to try and be abusive or funny or whatever at least be original about it......
  13. Runegrace

I assume you mean pop is >10% above the other side. In this case:

-You could not spawn in any hex with friendles that had just a random enemy infil, as you'd have several times the pop
    -You could not spawn in any hex that had no enemies, similar math
    -In general it would be hard to start fights, as people would have to join one at a time from alternating sides
    -To deny enemy spawns, you could pull allies out of the hex temporarily
    -Bases with weird hex boundaries in general would have a lot of issues
    -3-faction fights would have issues as well

I completely agree that you can manage the fight population, and futhermore think that the game would play better if we did. But it's really NOT as simple as what you're asserting.
  14. Imperial Sect

I'm sorry but those games are for wimps. If you haven't beaten Contra without the infinite life code than please delete this game.