[Suggestion] Put the primary weapon to the back and....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ximi, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Ximi

...secondary to the belt.

I mean,anyone played Halo???? If not,the weapon system of Halo consists on equip only two weapons,same as Planetside 2.

But Planetside 2 doesnt have a good characteristic of Halo and that is that the secondary weapon,depends if is huge or small,is placed to the back or the belt,showing what secondary weapon u have.

I mean,u have ur TAR equipped and ur Repeater off,but the enemy doesnt know which secondary u have,so would be fine if the secondary is placed on the belt when is off equipped,showing to the enemy what secondary u have and viceversa.

I mean,u put ur Commissioner on and ur Gauss Saw goes off,so is a good idea to put the Gauss Saw on the back of the char,showing what weapon u have as primary.

This doesnt occur on the accessoryes like medic healing pistol or engie repair pistol btw.

Do u think that is a good idea???? This would look better ur char...

There is a image that explains what im trying to say:

[IMG]

He have the weapon on the back (maybe he have equipped at the moment a pistol)
  2. Ximi

I think that this idea gonna be not very popular...
  3. FateJH

Tripling the overhead of the client and server sounds like a great idea!
    • Up x 4
  4. Ximi

Dunno man,i dont understand about overheads of clients or servers,can u explain me what are u talking about???? Thanks.
  5. gartho33

best explanation.... aka layman's terms.... drawing 1 person takes the server 1 cpu cycle (just bear with the simple idea as deeper stuff gets complicated). if you have 1000 people it takes the server 1000 cycles to draw and track them all (this contributes to lag and performance). Now, to add any detail to that one person takes 1 extra cpu cycle (again simple example), if you add that extra detail to 1000 people it now takes 2000 cycles to draw, effectively doubling the lag and performance problems.

The basics of the problem comes down to this, the more you add that has to be computed, the longer it takes. The longer it takes, the worse the server performs.... As nice as it would be to see what my enemy has "under his sleeve", I don't think it is worth the extra processing power, and thus server performance, just to showcase what is not being used.
  6. ColonelChingles

Same reason why you can look into the cockpit of a Galaxy and note that it is completely empty.

Why not show the player model inside that Galaxy cockpit?

Because we need more computational power to show off hood ornaments! :p
    • Up x 1
  7. Foxirus

Putting more things on the players body would cause the clients and your computer to have to load more data. This causes unneeded stress on the server AND your computer which would slow things down. So ask yourself, Would you like to have a slower game/computer just to be able to see hilted weapons?

Just do what I do, Pretend the weapon nanodeconstructs itself for easy storage when not in use, Then when you switch to it, It rebuilds itself in your hands.
  8. Steza

I like to trick my enemy with a auto pistol as a medic shoot at them run hide in a building they think im out of ammo and wait with a shotgun. They never expect it! until they do then I never expect a grenade! it's genius I know.
  9. SnatchMaster

You lost me as soon as you mentioned Halo...
  10. FateJH

Come to think of it, this doesn't affect the VS much at all - all of their firearms look the same.
  11. AxiomInsanity87

More lags no plox.

Fank u.
  12. Ximi

Well,putting off the aspect of lags,this option that ive proposed would be fine or not???? That is what i want to know.
  13. PKSpark

If this allow strapping any players with C4 on the back weapon this may prove to be interesting!
  14. DefendYourBase

This comment takes the cake... Yeah... Hood ornaments but not players in cockpit (which I wondered why too)
    I don't think these people talking even know what they are talking about... CPU cycles and crap.....

How much CPU cycles for hood ornaments seriously?
    How much CPU cycles for all the dif helmets (which most look lame as Obama's foreign policies)
    How much CPU cycles... Really? Lmao rofl.

HOOD ORNAMENTS!!! SO MUCH WIN!
  15. cobaltlightning

You also forget the tools for many of the classes, like the HA's Rocket Launcher and the Engineer's turrets, which would equally count as weapons. Let's put other things on them, as well, like med kits, mines, and c4. Not only would it be lag inducing, but a programming nightmare for any class-based asymmetrical FPS.

The reason why Halo does it is because the players are not a 'class,' but instead simply players. You can run around with a Sniper Rifle one moment then go on a killing spree with a shotgun in the next in Halo, which is not possible in Planetside 2 (aside from NC's side-arm, but it's meh at best). Lack of class means less programming obstacles, meaning the devs had the time and resources to put that little gem into the game as a bonus.

Another example is Team Fortress 2, another class based game. The classes there don't show off their holstered weapons either, but we know what they roughly have because of the class the player is when we see them. That same concept also applies to Planetside 2, to a lesser extent: Heavy Weapons Guy always has a bigass gun, Heavy Assault always has some sort of rocket launcher.
  16. Ximi

U dont read the entire thread then. Ive said that things like medic healing pistol or engie repair tool must not be shown,only the primary and secondary weapons and maybe the grenades,Halo 3 uses this system and it doesnt show the object that creates a bubble shield around u but ur primary and secondary weapons.
  17. JustBoo

[IMG]