[Suggestion] Light Assault Buffs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beerbeerbeer, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Beerbeerbeer

If the developers won't tone down HA, then buff LA.

Either give us shields or give us a tool.

Personally, with all the crying about shields and med kit spamming, I would prefer the latter.

Tools I would like:

1. EMP grenade launcher. Six rounds maybe.
    2. EMP mines
    3. Flash grenade launcher. Same thing as 1, six rounds.
    4. Flash mines.
    5. Smoke grenade launcher. Ditto
  2. Gundem

I think a sort of GL6 style grenade launcher could be pretty interesting for the LA, as long as took up the utility slot. The grenades would need to be weaker then your standard support or regular grenades, for obvious balance reasons, and perhaps even come with a nanite cost. Maybe make them 1/2 strength and free, or 3/4 at 20 nanites a piece.

But I don't know about EMP,s though, those are just really, really strong for a class with a jetpack and shotguns.
  3. Mongychops

Three changes to the LA I would like to see:

• Flash grenade: -1 second detonation time, enemies who are under the effect of flash grenade are identified by a special doritos (or shimmering shield) for the duration of the effect, flash effect removes all "doritos" from affected players HUD for the duration.
    • Smoke Grenade: LA smoke grenades block vehicle and aircraft thermal sights.
    • Combine the ASC and Adrenaline Pump: -40% shield charge time and +10% sprint on the same suit slot.
    • Up x 3
  4. AxiomInsanity87

I'd prefer unique defence slot items for the jets like extra fuel, extra vert climb or extra horz speed?. How about an advanced gyro stabiliser or something (whatever name) that removes hip fire penalty while using the jets?

The trade-off is that we'd give up survivability for this.

The jet pack gives us the advantage of getting places with silenced weapons that others cannot, delivering c4 unimpeded if we approach correctly and getting in and out of combat faster than any other class. We can also put spawn beacons in places that they will most likely not be found and we can have eyes on everything constantly for our teammates.

The jetpack is one of the most useful tools in the game and shouldn't be downplayed.

How about a hand held scanner?. Trade-off is that we have to hold it in the other hand but can have our pistol equipped?. It would need to be made directional and fairly short range so it does not make infi's scanner invalid. Maybe give it a battery life that recharges over time (but not too long).

[IMG]
  5. AxiomInsanity87

6. Voodoo Bliss

I think jetpacks pretty much balance these issues, perhaps give the LA a spawn beacon whether they are squad leader or not, just because more drop pods = awesomeness.
  7. Rimaxan

Changes to LA:

Flash Grenade, Smoke Grenades, Faster Speed, Special Gun: Automatic Battle Rifle

Lower C4 Amount

Changes to HA:

+10% To Shield (Not Utility), +5% LMG Accuracy, Higher C4 Amount, More Effective Rocket Launchers, Higher Fragmentation Protection (AT Duties)

Lower Movement Speed, Bulkier (Larger), Higher Reward When Killed, Only Shotguns, LMGs, And NS Variants Can Be Used

Changes to MAX:

Higher Health (I Shouldn't Be Able To Beat One In CQC With A LMG), Shields, More Powerful AT Arms At the Cost of Lower Bullet Speed (More Effective To Slower Vehicles)

Suffers More Vehicle Damage (Cannot Change Color)

Changes to Engineer:

Create Fortifications, +10% Shields

Light Infantry Class Armor (Cannot Change Color)

Changes to Medic:

None

None (Cannot Change Color)

Changes to Infiltrator:

More Silent Decloaking/Cloaking Sound

Can Be Spotted While Cloaked By Thermal Sights
  8. OldMaster80

Imho la could use a small and realistic buff by 1) removing accuracy penalty while jumping 2) making flashbangs more effective (shorter fuse, bigger radius).
    • Up x 1
  9. FateJH

Light Assaults have access to the S-variant carbines which have access to the Underbarrel Smoke Grenade Launcher.
    • Up x 2
  10. Zombo

why would you use flash miney or EMP mines, ever? normal mines are outright killing the enemy, or take away a big part of his health, thats way better than just stunning or EMPing someone

also, even with only infiltrators having emp access, emp spam is sometimes extreme, and then shows how extremely powerfull EMP is

way to high buff,
    doesn't fit the class,
    pretty boring and spammy
    • Up x 2
  11. stalkish

LA is the most powerful and versatile infantry class in the game, nothing compares to it.
    It needs no buffs.

It has a tool already, its the great big thing on its back that is uses to fly.
    Seriously, other classes dont get anything happen when they hold space, just as LA doesnt when they press F.
    Think of it as the devs moving its tool from F to spacebar to make it easier to use.
  12. Iridar51

What utter nonsense.

My AA weapon? My long range AV weapon? My straight up combat potential? My ranged anti infantry weapon?

LA can do two things: flank infantry in base fights and C4 blind tankers, end. Hardly "most versatile".
    Jet Pack is an ability that goes into ability slot. You don't call NMG a tool, do you?

Who said about pressing "F"? Medics don't press F to pull out their MED TOOL. Engies don't press F to pull out their REPAIR TOOL. Heavies don't press F to pull out their ROCKET LAUNCHER.

Honestly, I'm not surprised when noobs make statement like that, but you've been around long enough, should know better than this. Unless you're just trolling.
    • Up x 5
  13. Rimaxan

Med tool, Engi tool, and the Rocket Launcher are triarms, not abilities.
  14. stalkish

Lol here come the personal attacks because some1 dared to say your chosen class was OP.
    Aaaarrrr, shame, did little baby have his feelings hurt?

Thats my opinion from playing LA a **** tonne, and watching a dedicated LA play right next to me each and every day for over 3 years.
    So thanks but no thanks, i wont be taking your word on any of that.

Perhaps versatile was the wrong word but what i mean was it gets around like a ***** in heat, nothing can stop it.

And its tool is the jetpack, just because you refuse to accept it doesnt make it untrue, the jetpack is better than anything anyone else has as a class, it actively negates ALL terrain advantages the enemy has in a defensive position, sorry but that is ******* OP as all hell, even if you refuse to admit it.
  15. TheDarSin

LA should have at the very least access to all grenades. Yes this is coming from an infil main that would be willing to share the EMP.
  16. Voodoo Bliss

We should give LA sniper rifles and Infiltrators should have shotguns and be able to fire while cloaked.
  17. Cynicismic

This post just screams maturity...
    :rolleyes:

While I can appreciate that you have the experience in this game playing the Light Assault, Iridar's had an awful lot more time playing the class than you have from looking at both of your statistics, and from my own limited though albeit somewhat insightful time playing the class across a range of characters of different factions, I have to side with Iridar. Let's address some points your post brings up...

True, though this offers little benefit to the class unless the fight is very up-close and personal and urban - the Light Assault will often have an advantage in these fights because it can inherently reach places other classes cannot, or at least other classes will find it much harder. Versatile was the wrong word, though; I would argue that either the Combat Medic and/or the Engineer are the most versatile classes simply because of what they can do - heal, revive; have access to a range of fantastic weapons; proximity heal and repair shields; standard anti-infantry work, and anti vehicle work with C4... ...resupply, repair friendly MAXes and vehicles; drop turrets to hold points; drop anti-tank/infantry mines and C4 also, as well as standard anti-infantry work also, for the Medic and the Engineer respectively. As Iridar says, the Light Assault can only really do two things remotely well in comparison to other classes.

Silly post is silly.

This offers no advantage regarding survivability. Can this save you in a one-on-one fight or fleeing out in the open towards cover like the Heavy Assault Shield or the Medic self-healing can? No. Does this support your allies like the Engineer's ammunition drops, (as well as farm XP and Certifications), or make you almost completely invisible like the Infiltrator's cloak? No. The Light Assault's jet pack is only good for reaching potentially advantageous locations, getting to high places easier, (and often completely alone and outmatched), and for flanking with more ease and while putting yourself at less risk. It makes you easier to see when you use it, and easier to hit. The jet pack is in no way overpowered, and is useless in far more situations than it is actually useful.

It can actively negate some, not all. And besides: a single Light Assault trooper is hardly going to kill an entire enemy defensive, unless they're all completely inept. Moreover, more fool those who let them sneak around in the first place...
  18. Iridar51

"LA does not need buffs" is an opinion, and it is your right to express it, just as it is my right to contest it. But right now I'm not talking about LA being OP or not, I'm talking about you stating factually false information.

Jet Pack is an ability and not a tool, and everyone who can read knows that.

Made some nice screenshots so even the likes of you can finally understand that Jet Pack is not a tool.

I never said Jet Pack is weak or useless, no need to contest that.

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    3 years of playing LA and you still don't know what loadout screen looks like. Paging shame bell.
    • Up x 4
  19. stalkish

1. I responded in kind of his post
    2. I dont care if Iridar has 20 million days as LA, my opinion differs to his.
    3. It cant support no, shock horror, it isnt a support class. Im hoping you have no problems with HA then since ALL it can do is kill.
    4. Again it isnt a support class so no it doesnt support LOL. Water is wet (just thought id take my turn stating the obvious aswel.) But i would argue that clearing a chokepoint is invaluable to an attack, just as flying over the attacking team at 500m and dropping c4 on them and their spawns (sundy, beacon etc) is. IMO that kind of support is more important, afterall a medic can revive, an engi can give ammo, both these things help to lengthen a fight sure. LA can finish a fight as soon as he feels like it, this cannot be argued ive done it 1000 times at all sized fights.
    5. Tell me, where does it not help you to flank? A spawn shielded room? Using cliff walking and drifters you can get anywhere you want. And who said anything about solo?? LOL a properly formed squad with LAs on the flanks is almost unstoppable.
    I can respect that you've probably read or watched Iridars guide or whatever and so therefore by default will side with him as your mentor, but i dont follow other peoples guides, never have. I form my own opinions no matter who it upsets.
  20. stalkish

Like i said, i dont care if you refuse to accept it, LA has a tool, utility, item, whatever you want to call it that is better than anything any other class has access to put together. Its so powerful that it cannot be given a second option. Its better than a medic tool + healing aura / bubble, its better than a engi tool + turret, its better than a rocket launcher + shield.

The fact it has an empty tool slot in the loadout screen is lazy developing and nothing more.

''But right now I'm not talking about LA being OP or not, I'm talking about you stating factually false information.''
    So all this boils down to arguing semantics then, yawn, im out.

EDIT: I dont actualy think its OP at all, it fits this game nicely, that was hyperbole on my part. It needs no buffs tho imo defo not.