Terrible Micro Stuttering/ Hitching After Update.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TyrantJo, Oct 30, 2015.

1. amega

2. Gabriella

They released a small (50mb) update today.
    Did it fix the issues?
    Has anyone checked it out yet?
  3. TyrantJo

Still not fixed... heavy hitching and freezing that lasts 5-10 seconds prevails. Also encountered getting stuck at warp terminals for a good 5 seconds.
  4. Gabriella

Υeap not fixed.
    And of course radio silence from DB.
    • Up x 1
  5. henrickbr

04 November and the problem persists.
    FPS keeps falling from 20 to 40%
    Guagueira
    Micro persistent freezes

Changed settings, minimum, medium and maximum, did not notice difference, the problem persists. That's all.
  6. TyrantJo

Just ordered a i7 4790k, lets see if it's just related to dual cores.
  7. Lord_Mogul

Memory leak?
    Still running the 328 Drivers on nvidia cards? ((tehre were some freezing issues around at the time)
  8. TyrantJo

Running most up to date 358 drivers. Never had an issue before this last update so its definitely related to that as ususal.
  9. Cremation

Seems to be a dual core issue. To answer my ticket they said that I should change my old processor. Guess I need to upgrade.

Specs: e7500, 8GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 750ti OC, Win7 X64
  10. Gabriella

I have 2k+ hours in this game with a dual core.
    Had zero problems before the latest update.
    So its not my pc's problem.Yeah its old but it works fluently.
    They are just changing stuff and if they screw something for old/low end pc users they just dont care.
    ITS A BIG F*CK YOU TO ALL LOW END/OLD PC USERS.UPGRADE OR G T F O.

Also most of the people lost performance.its just mid/high end pc users fell from ex. 100fps to 60,not a big deal.
    But others fell from -30-40 to unplayable.

This is their big plan for bringing more ppl to the game.
    But its ok majority of the ppl have i5s+.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOT(go see steam charts about peoples hardware)
  11. Joay

Same here, e8400 @4Ghz and a 7970 and can get 60 fps most of the time, but ever since the hotfix for spawn hitching, it started to do it constantly.

The sad thing is, there isn't even something implemented that explains this performance drop. The only reason, it seems, is bad programming.
  12. Dave345

Yep same problem here... Fps drops make the game unplayable
  13. Joay

JFYI, PhysX is a core part of the game. Only the particle effects and sorts, are disabled due to the issues they brought, but physics of vehicles and such, are using PhysX.

Probably something done goofed in there...
  14. user101

The DEV's have said on reddit that at some point PS2 PC graphics was going to surpass the PS4 box game graphics. And that dual core would die on PC at that point. That seems to be the case that they are still moving forward getting ready to kill off the dual core people. I assume at that point they will have 4 fully functioning cores in PS2. Level 3 PhysX is not free you have to have a license for it to use it in a game so DBGC is paying for it. That to me seems to be a forward step in some direction. Other wise there would be no point in upgrading the PhysX.

So far Nvidia Windows 10 drivers have not been very good... and have a lot of bugs in them. I am still running 353.62 seems to be the last good driver from Nvidia before windows 10
  15. Joay

PhysX to the extend it is now present, was always there. I don't know about licenses; I'm just saying, that explains why PhysX was part of the update. It's very doubtful taht the partciles would come back as that would pretty much exclude AMD users.

About graphics, im pretty sure most PC's could run it as beautiful as the Ps4 version. Afaik, in that regard they are basically identical, even. Heck, im not far off with my 7970 doing the same or better FPS, but that still doesn't explain why, even you with a 6 core, lost a lot of frames.

It just seems like a user error rather a hardware issue. Coincidentally, last year about the same time, there was a big issue with hitching too. Maybe it's seasonal xD

However, time will tell, i guess. I'm not going to upgrade until Zen is out and we'll see how it compares to Skylake or the likes. Im not a hardcore gamer (although i've played PS2 for the last year almost every day), so upgrading just like that, isn't very viable. Maybe i even get over my addiction to it ^^
  16. henrickbr

I tested the game on an intel i3. The problem is the same.
    Stuttering. Freezes and low FPS.

... really is the time to abandon Planetside 2 after three years. :(
  17. user101

Well after 3 years DBGC is going to have bit the bullet or be left behind. Because next year is going to release a lot of new games that may wipe them off the map. If StarCraft is as good as they say, that will be the end of PS2. And the other playstations games graphics wise is way ahead of DBGC games.

I realy don't see any option for DBGC but to bit the bullet and go with DX11 across the board and say goodby to the XP / VISTA and dual core people. Other wise the pretty games are what will get all the money. Pretty games make money.

What is bad is PS2 since the maps size is so huge and big you can make a all in one game with out doing a whole start from scratch game. But I don't see them pushing that way.. I have floated to 30,000 meter in PS2 take my word PS2 MAPs are huge. We could have moon bases in PS2. I have no idea how far the stars are out there. maybe 200,000 meter or more.?????

I think we are seeing 2 problems here in PS2 part of it is a nvidia problem. And part of it is a DBGC problem with graphics. PS4 is what will get all the attention for at least the next year.

AMD can run some physX but maybe level 3 is AMD frendly.??? Just remember even with my 6 cores PS2 only uses 3 of them. I have had to reduce the graphic in the game to keep the FPS up. I have no idea what they are processing so much stuff with if the graphics are not using it.

If directives take that much processing time they need to dump directives... ! And focus on graphics.
    • Up x 1
  18. Damz49

Everything started with the Valkyrie patch for all of us who have freeze/stuttering problem after every update since 4-6-8 months, stopped to count.

That Valkyrie patch decreased my framerate by 20-50% (depending on the battle) and I had to add 2GB ram and OC my cpu to +0.5Ghz to be able to play over 15fps.

I dont know what they broke with that patche, but it has never been fixed EXCEPT with 1 hotfix after ValkPatch that increased my framerate , but the following hotfix after that hotifx ( :eek: ) broke all the improvment :mad:

And now, after every update its stuttering/freezing - hotfix+1+2+3+4+5 - fixed ---- New Update stutt... etc.
  19. henrickbr

I have two PC.
    Core 2 Duo E8700 @ 3.50GHz + GTX 550ti + 8G Ram
    AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz + Asus HD7790 + 16GRam
    The game needs to run at low settings, on older processors. Many games today run on older processors at low settings. (Millions of people use old systems) At high configuções, okay, you need a good system, but in low need, it seems ridiculous.
    I doubt I'll have the same 'performance' of October 2014, when the game was incredible. (SOE did a great job) Today, I need a SUPER, MEGA HYPER computer to run the game.
    That sounds superb.
    I play the three years (for more) Planetside 2, and I want to stop.
  20. Damz49

"Many games today run on older processors at low settings."

The only activities I know who are able to completly take down a C2D are Video encoding / Unziping archives and that game.
    My cpu activity do not go over 70-80% on both cores !

Imagine for an I5 or I7, it's like buying a Bugatti Veyron to drive only on parkings at 10km/h with full throttle from 0 to 10 , an unbelievable waste of resources :p