I have a question

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by nutrega4, Nov 2, 2015.

1. nutrega4

What is the longest sniper rifle headshot on PC and PS4?(recorded)
    I have a PS4 video. It has a good range but I want to know what is the maximum range for sniper rifle headshot?
    Anyone know?
  2. Tommyp2006

Single shot headshot kill range is capped at 300m
  3. nutrega4

I have 500-600 meters headshot, and maybe 700-800 might be possible?
  4. HadesR

It never used to be ( and it still isn't for the Railjack ) .. Couple of years back when we had like 600m+ render range it was possible to kill ppl at that range with a OHSK with the other BASR's .

My own personal longest is 380m From The Crown Cliff > Ceres Hydro Vehicle Terminal ( When it used to be Crown side of the Spawn room and not in it's current location )
  5. HadesR

Versus Infiltrators ( due to the lower Health ) the Railjacks OHSK range is only limited by Render Distasnce ..

Irrc 400m is the MAX range versus other classes
  6. nutrega4

What means OHSK and Irrc? I couldnt understand. and Render Distance? English isn't my native language.
    I realized that I can only see MAX units and Infıltrators after a long distance. Is it true?
  7. Mezinov

OHSK - One Head Shot Kill Range
    IIRC - If I Recall Correctly
    Render Distance - The maximum distance from a target at which the game will still show you the target. If a target moves beyond this distance, you can no longer see it - even if there are no physical obstructions.

The current Render System sets the Render Distance of a target dynamically, based on its ability to do harm to you. By default, infantry will render out to 300 meters from the player. However, an Infiltrator holding a Bolt Action Sniper Rifle (BASR) will render further away.

MAX's equipped with Anti-Vehicle or Anti-Air weapons will also render further than a MAX equipped with Anti-Infantry weapons.
    • Up x 2
  8. HadesR

9. nutrega4

Thanks Mezinov, I understand.
  10. Iridar51

Does Archer count?
    Mustarde has a 494m MAX kill here.
    • Up x 1
  11. nutrega4

New video was added.
  12. amega

ho ho ho
    • Up x 1
  13. nutrega4

I have missed 700 meters shot :( Next time, I want to try 690-700 shot. The Crown Place is one of the good place for this.(when we are attacking at big battles)