[Suggestion] Directive Carbines: Why No Silencers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beerbeerbeer, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Beerbeerbeer

Why can't we attach a silencer to these things?

I understand that these things have built in attachments and under barrel shotguns (and what have you), but if there is one thing that I personally like to use are silencers on these carbines.

It's just my style of play and it's disappointing I can't slap on a silencer.

Please allow us to attach one.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

Translation:

"I'm a special snowflake please make me happy"
  3. Beerbeerbeer

It's not about being "special," it's about a "special" and unique weapon that has less attachment capabilities over the basic weapons it is, like or not, meant to supplant in some regards.
  4. Scr1nRusher

You pretty much answered yourself on why it doesn't have a silencer.
  5. Beerbeerbeer

I did? That's news to me, unless you're saying that "special" means "less than" its predecessors.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Directive weapons are interesting XD
  7. RedArmy

all the Directive wpns are bad - other then the BG - learn to love their badness
  8. ALN_Isolator

The carbines and snipers are nice....
  9. RedArmy

the TracShot sure isnt.
  10. Pirbi

That doesn't bother me. The Fortuna is great. What bothers me is the auraxium SMG (tempest) doesn't have a silencer.
  11. RedArmy

the TR get 0 good Directive wpns
  12. Beerbeerbeer

I shelved mine. Kind of regret going after it, as opposed to auraximing something else.

I wouldn't recommend anyone else trying to get it. The shotgun is meh as well. Reload time is long and the damage is nothing like an off-the-shelf pump-action, which has a shorter time between shots. The time it takes to switch between modes is a second as well. I always assumed you could fire the shotgun without switching modes. Bleh.

Getting the C4 and LA next I guess since I'm close. Should have went after that to begin with.
  13. Dualice

I was pretty disappointed with the Shuriken myself. Seems no faction is happy with their auraxium SMG.

Interesting, I was under the impression the under-barrel shotties will give a one-shot kill same as the pump-actions. It is the case on the TRAC-5 S at least.
  14. Ghosty11

It is a one shot kill, but it's not something you are going to get to use in a panic situation. It's use must be premeditated since swapping modes or loading between shots will probably get you killed if you are dealing with more than one enemy.
  15. Blackbird

Funny how the TR players are posting negative post about their weapons . IT WILL NOT HELP TO POST ABOUT IT > We have been posting about our crap weapons since the game came out . PLEASE STOP .If you want to make a difference convince your outfit to post that they wont play TR until major changes are made .

When people only have 2 factions and Daybreak isn't making money on TR gear they will make changes other wise it will stay the same .

Another thing that needs to happen is there needs to be a VOTE down on the forums ,not only for the players protecting the advantage on the other factions but also to stop the boot lickers that either want a job at Planetside2 or haven't a clue about the game .
  16. Dualice

Aye, true.
  17. \m/SLAYER\m/

because of VANU with unlimited ammo+suppressor